Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    5000 yards @ 1:42 (hour and 42...not minute)

500 warm up
    10 x 50 @ 60 5 free, 5 free/back
    10 x 100 @ 1:50 free
    5 x 200 @ 3:30 pull
    1000 kick with fins
    200 loosen
    300 warm down
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    85 minutes, and rehearsal is going great!
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Doesn't swim last night. Second day is when the net lag his hardest for me. Felt totally wiped out after work.
    Today is a new day. Refreshed. Ready to hit the pool after work.
  • aliciamariaq
    aliciamariaq Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    5000 yards @ 1:42 (hour and 42...not minute)

500 warm up
    10 x 100 @ 1:50 free
    5 x 200 @ 3:30 pull
    1000 kick with fins
    200 loosen
    300 warm down

Wow! Tough one Montepulciano. Sounds kind of like mine without the 1000 kick, yikes!. We did
    400m warm up
    5x100m IM on 2:00
    20 x50m backstroke on 1:00
    12 x100 free on 1:40 with paddles and fins
    and
    300 cool down.

• Montepulciano
    Options
    Well remember I am doing similar intervals but doing yards not meters so a bit easier.

5000 yards @ 1:38 Just less rest between sets.
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    5km last night.
    Planning at last 4 mile swim today.
    Then Archery in the afternoon with some of my Chinese colleagues.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    50/100/200/100/50 free, breast, then back

8x50 free

55 minutes
  • rosebarnalice
    Options
    a full 90 minutes today. Still rehearsing, so don't know my lap total, but probably +-3100 yards
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    5000 yards @ 1 hour 39 minutes

Favorite set 10 x 100 free @ 1:50 (1:32, 1:32, 1:33, 1:32, 1:31, 1:31, 1:30, 1:30, 1:29, 1:28). I am in better shape than I realized and need to push for a bit more. *little happy dance*
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    4 miles last night.
    Actually had the kame to myself for almost an hour. Then most of the kame sharing time was with front crawl swimmers.
    Still a couple slowskis in the fat lane that we had to swim around.
    Only 3 more weeks of this :D
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Headed there after work and I can't wait... My new goggles came in the mail. I ordered two pair, and threw out three pair that I had been carrying around, "just in case." I also got my new swim caps with extra room at the ears for my earbuds. My Speedo cap is so tight (and I have a ton of hair) that it will pull up on my earbuds and let water in. Best of all, my lap counter came too! Now I don't have to stop to move a fin, water bottle or whatever.

"Just keep swimming! Just keep swimming!"
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    5000 yards @ 1 hour and 40 minutes - people talk to me...what is that about?

10 x 100 @ 1:50 descending 1-5, 6-10. I love it when a plan comes together. :)
  • rosebarnalice
    Options
    I was already suited up and ready to jump in when they closed the pool for lightening. the INDOOR pool. Has anyone else had this happen? grrrrr. . ..
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I hate that. Our indoor pools at all the Y's close during lightening too.
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    That is odd so I went looking for why and I found this.

http://lightningsafety.com/nlsi_pls/indoor_pools.html

but then I found this: http://www.sportrisk.com/2011/08/the-myth-around-closing-indoor-pools-when-theres-lightning/

The facts seem to support the latter but I am not an expert.
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    I was already suited up and ready to jump in when they closed the pool for lightening. the INDOOR pool. Has anyone else had this happen? grrrrr. . ..

Yup.
    One time after doing just one lap. Another time at lap 99 of planned 100. Sux.
    Insurance companies make them do it.
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    4 miles last night. Had the lane to myself for quite a bit if the time. Pushed myself as if I were trying to catch the guy in the next lane even though there wasn't anyone there. Felt the muscles more too.
    Last 21 laps as a warm down.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @MonkeyMel21 Nice Ladder set, especially including breast and back. I have always enjoyed them.

@rosebarnalice Mental picture of you rehearsing your lines and swimming lengths. I would probably end up swimming into an end wall at speed if I tried anything like that.
    I have never heard of an In-Door pool closing for Lighting.

@Montepulciano 10 x 100 on a tight pace, a slight neg split and 20 secs rest- impressive.

@fishgutzy Nice that you are getting some good distances in and that the lane swimmers seem to be getting more in-sync with national stds. There will always be the slow pokes in the wrong lane no matter where ever we go. Only 3 more weeks of enjoying your new archery friends.

@girlwithcurls Woo Hoo new gear - you are all set for new achievements.

Went to our pool at noon, the outside Temperature had dropped from -10C at 9am to -25C at noon with a nasty North wind that caused the Environmental control system ( bldg heating ) and Water Temp controllers to think that it was cold inside the building and that the water was cold, so the building air temp was at 30C ( 86F ) and the water temperature was probably the same. When you jump in the pool and it feels like a Hot Tub you know its going to be a bad swim day. Managed 30 lengths of mixed strokes at a super slow pace, in 5 length blocks. Free, Back, Breast x 2. The pool was actually crowded for about 15 mins then everyone bailed because of the Heat.
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    Only 5km last night. I guess I was still recovering from the push the night before.
    Tentative plan is for a test night tonight. That means I'll spend at last an hour in the weight room :D
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    4500 yards @ 85 minutes - got through it.

@juliet3455 - That is just cold. And I would imagine that 30C feels extra warm with temps like that outside. Brrrr.