Replies

• mckeon11
    mckeon11 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great work smashers!
  • aim630
    aim630 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I finished the videos today (I thought the chair one would be easy, but it wasn't!) and will have the water challenge done tomorrow. I just found out I have to fly to New Orleans for 2 days in a couple of weeks. Won't have time to see anything, just have to sit in class.

Great job everyone!
  • dawnsch1995
    dawnsch1995 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I finished the Jessica video today and it wasn't easy. Also walked the mall with my teenage daughter so counting those steps as well!
  • tarpguys
    tarpguys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I've been cooking all day with my daughter. We are hosting a Trim Healthy Mama tea at our church next week so made the candies today. My daughter-in-laws birthday party is tomorrow so I made a Low Carb Peanut butter chocolate cheesecake for her. I almost have the kitchen cleaned up and now I have to get dinner ready. I am planning on getting on the stair stepper after dinner for an hour or so. We are still in first! Lets keep up the momentum! Team 1 is close behind. Go Smashers!
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    WEEK FIVE: VIAGGIA A VENEZIA!
    DESTINATION: VENICE, ITALY! MILES: 5454

AWARD YOURSELF MINUTES FOR STAYING ACTIVE WHILE WATCHING THE YOUTUBE VIDEOS!

VIDEO 1 - "VENICE VACATION TRAVEL GUIDE" - 10 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE
    VIDEO 2 - “CARNEVALE di VENEZIA” - 10 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE
    VIDEO 3 - “IL BALLO DEL DOGE 2016” - 5 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE

CHALLENGE #1: “VOGLIO UN GELATO!” - (10 POINTS)

TO EARN YOUR 10 POINTS FOR THIS CHALLENGE YOU ONLY HAVE TO DO THE VIDEO PROVIDED ONE TIME THROUGH: 25-Minute Calorie-Crushing Cardio and Legs Workout (POPSUGAR Fitness)

1 VIDEO/1 VIDEO DONE!

CHALLENGE #2: “WHEN IN VENICE, TAKE A GONDOLA” (10 POINTS)

COMPLETE THE PROVIDED VIDEO: "40-Minute Seated Chair Cardio and Strength Workout" With Jessica Smith & Peanut. You will need: A hand towel, Two weights (dumbbells or water bottles), and a comfortable steady chair.

1 VIDEO/1 VIDEO DONE!

CHALLENGE #3: "ACQUA, NON VINO!" (5 POINTS)

TO EARN YOUR 5 POINTS YOU MUST DRINK AT LEAST 64 OUNCES OF WATER PER DAY FOR AT LEAST FIVE DAYS!

5/5 DAYS DONE !

MON - 74.6
    TUE - 91.5
    WED - 108.8
    THU - 97.8
    FRI - 112
    SAT - 115.6
    SUN -

841 / 700 MINUTES DONE !

MON - 115
    TUE - 72
    WED - 162
    THU - 253
    FRI - 106
    SAT - 133
    SUN -

We are still in the lead !!! I have now completed ALL challenges and have entered them into the spreadsheet. All minutes are accounted for and still being accrued. We are holding a 50 point lead over team #1 At this time . Unless they come in with a whopper at the end it looks like we might finally get this one !!!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    I wasn't able to max out this week guys but I am headed to the gym this morning for some last minute minutes from me! I hope I can stay 2 hours more if i can push it. I'm thinking about getting myself a little stepper too so I can do at home in the evenings.
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

VIDEO 1 - "VENICE VACATION TRAVEL GUIDE" - 10 MINUTES FOR WATCHING - done
    VIDEO 2 - “CARNEVALE di VENEZIA” - 10 MINUTES FOR WATCHING - done
    VIDEO 3 - “IL BALLO DEL DOGE 2016” - 5 MINUTES FOR WATCHING - done

TO EARN YOUR 10 POINTS FOR THIS CHALLENGE YOU ONLY HAVE TO DO THE VIDEO PROVIDED ONE TIME THROUGH: 25-Minute Calorie-Crushing Cardio and Legs Workout (POPSUGAR Fitness) DONE

1 VIDEO/1 VIDEO DONE!

CHALLENGE #2: “WHEN IN VENICE, TAKE A GONDOLA” (10 POINTS) - DONE

COMPLETE THE PROVIDED VIDEO: "40-Minute Seated Chair Cardio and Strength Workout" With Jessica Smith & Peanut. You will need: A hand towel, Two weights (dumbbells or water bottles), and a comfortable steady chair.

1 VIDEO/1 VIDEO DONE!

CHALLENGE #3: "ACQUA, NON VINO!" (5 POINTS) - DONE

TO EARN YOUR 5 POINTS YOU MUST DRINK AT LEAST 64 OUNCES OF WATER PER DAY FOR AT LEAST FIVE DAYS!

5/5 DAYS DONE

MON - 75 oz
    TUE - 70 oz
    WED - 80 oz
    THU - 64 oz
    FRI - 45 oz
    SAT - 64 oz
    SUN -

557 / 700 MINUTES DONE

MON - 45
    TUE - 100
    WED - 125
    THU - 120
    FRI - 67
    SAT - 100
    SUN -

• plainanjelik
    plainanjelik Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Got all challenges down but need to get some more minutes in to max out. I'm really craving lasagna so walking to the store for the ingredients. That should get some of those calories burned. I now know to make it in a tiny 2 cup pyrex because otherwise I would eat the entire pan no matter how full I am.

I got almost no exercise on Friday, just my 5 minute morning wake up exercises. However, had to churn out a paper due 5pm yesterday so stayed up until 5:30 am Saturday to get it done then had to go to work for 8:30am till 12:30pm. Had a 90 minute training session then passed out until 7 this morning. Didn’t really make healthy choices yesterday just ordered a small pizza and picked it up on the way home. I was too hungry and tired to cook anything. However I was still under my calorie goal in the end although not with the deficit I wanted.
  • plainanjelik
    Options
    tarpguys wrote: »
    Sorry I been rather quite this week. It's been a rather busy week and I have been fighting a little bit of a tummy bug. The bathroom and I have been way to acquainted the last couple of days. I've been able to get about but not much ambition. I did get all of my water in and I've had 120 oz so far today. If Coconut water counts then I just got another 16 oz.

So sorry to hear you've been sick. Hope you feel better soon!
  • plainanjelik
    Options
    Hey, Smashers :) I was planning to get up early this morning and do at least a 30-minute workout at home (snow is prohibiting outside workouts, grrrrr) but when my alarm went off, I knew I couldn't do it. Been behind on sleep and I needed a little extra. I wasn't able to do a lunch break workout either because of meetings. I did get a 20-minute walk in while I was reading a paper for one of my meetings! People probably thought I was crazy as I walked back and forth around the floor with my nose in the paper. But hey, get it where you can, right? Tonight is skate night for my son's school, so I will try to get in some activity there (I'm terrible at skating though so we'll see).

Almost done with my water for today, so that's 4/5! It's been hard today because it's just so darn cold outside and I hate drinking water when I'm cold. We seriously dropped over 30 degrees from earlier this week. Can you tell I'm over winter? At least I'll get some nice weather next week when I head to TX for my half marathon!

Lol! That is me every weekend doing my readings for school. I get bored while reading so walking keeps me distracted enough not to notice the time going by but keeps me focused enough on the topic.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Welp, things didn't go as planned for me today. I'm sorry I couldn't add any more minutes for us. Tomorrow things go back to normal THANK GOD!! Back to the Gym in the morning. Fingers crossed we get first this week.
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Very glad I did all of those videos on Thursday, Friday was sent home from work with a temp and managed to sleep the evening and much of Saturday away!! No fever on Saturday though so back on track today and added in a few more minutes to max it out. May go out for a walk a little later but not certain. Hopefully it will be enough for this week!!

VIDEO 1 - "VENICE VACATION TRAVEL GUIDE" - 10 MINUTES FOR WATCHING Done
    VIDEO 2 - “CARNEVALE di VENEZIA” - 10 MINUTES FOR WATCHING Done
    VIDEO 3 - “IL BALLO DEL DOGE 2016” - 5 MINUTES FOR WATCHING Done

CHALLENGE #1: “VOGLIO UN GELATO!” - (10 POINTS) Done, glad it was only once!

TO EARN YOUR 10 POINTS FOR THIS CHALLENGE YOU ONLY HAVE TO DO THE VIDEO PROVIDED ONE TIME THROUGH: 25-Minute Calorie-Crushing Cardio and Legs Workout (POPSUGAR Fitness)

1 VIDEO/1 VIDEO DONE!

CHALLENGE #2: “WHEN IN VENICE, TAKE A GONDOLA” (10 POINTS)

COMPLETE THE PROVIDED VIDEO: "40-Minute Seated Chair Cardio and Strength Workout" With Jessica Smith & Peanut. You will need: A hand towel, Two weights (dumbbells or water bottles), and a comfortable steady chair. Done!

1 VIDEO/1 VIDEO DONE!

CHALLENGE #3: "ACQUA, NON VINO!" (5 POINTS)

7/5 DAYS DONE

MON - 105.5
    TUE - 89
    WED - 92
    THU - 74
    FRI - 109
    SAT - 80
    SUN - 76 and still going

892 / 700 MINUTES DONE

MON - 185
    TUE - 60
    WED - 122
    THU - 255
    FRI - 60
    SAT - 0
    SUN - 210
  • carinamenina
    carinamenina Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday, all! I'm not gonna be able to max out on minutes this week, so sorry...it's been a rough week with tapering before my race (so not going as far on my runs) and just lots of work meetings. I did get a little walk in today but I think that's all I will be able to do. Really hoping those of you that haven't recorded challenge completion can do so by tonight! We are in first place and I would LOVE to stay there! Keep it up, all :):):)
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've completed all the challenges and maxed out but I haven't put it on the spreadsheet yet. I will get it done before the deadline. Part of me wants to wait until right before so team 1 doesn't know. :D I've been super lazy today and really think I needed this day to recharge. Tomorrow starts a new week of kicking butt!
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options

VIDEO 1 - "VENICE VACATION TRAVEL GUIDE" - 10 MINUTES FOR WATCHING - done
    VIDEO 2 - “CARNEVALE di VENEZIA” - 10 MINUTES FOR WATCHING - done
    VIDEO 3 - “IL BALLO DEL DOGE 2016” - 5 MINUTES FOR WATCHING - done

TO EARN YOUR 10 POINTS FOR THIS CHALLENGE YOU ONLY HAVE TO DO THE VIDEO PROVIDED ONE TIME THROUGH: 25-Minute Calorie-Crushing Cardio and Legs Workout (POPSUGAR Fitness) DONE

1 VIDEO/1 VIDEO DONE!

CHALLENGE #2: “WHEN IN VENICE, TAKE A GONDOLA” (10 POINTS) - DONE

1 VIDEO/1 VIDEO DONE!

CHALLENGE #3: "ACQUA, NON VINO!" (5 POINTS) - DONE

5/5 DAYS DONE

MON - 75 oz
    TUE - 70 oz
    WED - 80 oz
    THU - 64 oz
    FRI - 45 oz
    SAT - 64 oz
    SUN - 48 oz

677 / 700 MINUTES DONE

MON - 45
    TUE - 100
    WED - 125
    THU - 120
    FRI - 67
    SAT - 100
    SUN - 120

• LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Well, I didn't max out on my minutes this week, but I really did do my best.

Hopefully those who have not posted their remaining minutes & challenges, get it posted before the spreadsheet closes. I would hate to see us lose by 5pts again.

• ddeliciosa
    ddeliciosa Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hey team! Can someone please put me for another 50 minutes today? I'm not by my laptop.
  • darcijojo
    Options
    @ddeliciosa I got it in for you. :)
  • darcijojo
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Team 1 got us again. :s On the plus side, we got all the challenge points this week!
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I just looked at the spreadsheet and we are TIED with team 1 for first place !!! GGAAAHHHHH THIS IS SOOOO FRUSTRATING... OMG !!!!