NSV's

Options

Replies

• XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Sitting here at work doing some paperwork. 330 slump kicks in with a vengeance. I have carbs and calories to spare and though "I'll get some chips from the machine." Instead I remembered I had some pre-packaged nut mix in the drawer and ate one of them. Probably not much different calorie wise than chips, but carbs are much lower and that will hold me until I get home!

That's an awesome NSV!

• ABeautifulDistraction
    Options
    I can wear my wedding ring again!!!

Wonderful!!! I am very impatient to be able to do the same.

My NSV is although I have only lost 5 pounds, my jeans are literally falling off me. I think I'm going to start taking measurements.
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I had to take off my ring because it kept flying off AND I can do up my fitbit using the SMALLEST hole!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Cleaning out my closet, tried on some pants I couldn't zip up before the holidays. Today, I can now comfortably fit into pants I wore 10 years ago, and I was 10 lbs. lighter than I am now. I know my loss has been slower this time, but my body is going through more changes. I'll take these changes over the higher loses.
  • scgfitlife
    scgfitlife Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My leggings/workout pants have gotten baggy. I didn't even know that was a thing since they're all spandex/stretchy. Anyone else against buying new clothes until you're where you want to be?
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    scgfitlife wrote: »
    Anyone else against buying new clothes until you're where you want to be?
    I bought nothing until I hit goal weight but had plenty in my closet to get me to the lean stage. They're all gone now except one pair of pants that I purposely kept.
  • StarshipFighter23
    StarshipFighter23 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've not really thought yet about how I'm going to approach replacing my wardrobe... I've got a few nice pieces - jackets and suchlike - that I've kept in the hope of being able to wear again which I could easily wear now, but all the clothes I've been wearing for the last few years are starting to bury me... My trousers would easily qualify for one of those cheesy pictures with the thinner person stretching out the waistband to show how much space there is! With a decent belt they look OK, but I think men can get away with that more than women as the fat is naturally distributed differently, and even though I was 70lb overweight I didn't really carry it anywhere apart from my abdomen and chest (my man-boobs are looking SO much better!). Still, even if I wait until the summer to splurge on clothes I do get a buzz from putting something on, looking in the mirror and thinking 'this doesn't fit anymore!' so I might just carry on enjoying that feeling for a little while at least!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I've not really thought yet about how I'm going to approach replacing my wardrobe... I've got a few nice pieces - jackets and suchlike - that I've kept in the hope of being able to wear again which I could easily wear now, but all the clothes I've been wearing for the last few years are starting to bury me... My trousers would easily qualify for one of those cheesy pictures with the thinner person stretching out the waistband to show how much space there is! With a decent belt they look OK, but I think men can get away with that more than women as the fat is naturally distributed differently, and even though I was 70lb overweight I didn't really carry it anywhere apart from my abdomen and chest (my man-boobs are looking SO much better!). Still, even if I wait until the summer to splurge on clothes I do get a buzz from putting something on, looking in the mirror and thinking 'this doesn't fit anymore!' so I might just carry on enjoying that feeling for a little while at least!

@StarshipFighter23 - Honestly, if they are good quality pieces, it will be worth investing in a tailor. A good tailor will be able to tell you if it is worth cutting the pieces down to make new pieces out of them, or if you will be better of making a taxable donation and purchasing new pieces. I've been told that tailoring high quality pieces makes worlds difference in how you feel in them.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    @Steph_Maks thats so amazing!!!!!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    @Steph_Maks, Rock on with that commitment and persistence!