Options
    Why are you taping off coffee?
    Isn't good for fasting?
  • EVP_NZ
    EVP_NZ Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Why are you taping off coffee?
    Isn't good for fasting?

It's supposed to be great for fasting (natural appetite suppressant), but I have anxiety and it's not great for that. :/
  • EVP_NZ
    Options
    Is it possible to not eat enough calories on OMAD? I'm not really hungry during the day but I'm having a hard time hitting 1200 calories a day. I'm supposed to get about 1400 per day according to MFP. Today I got under 1,000. Thoughts?
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Your own hunger is generally a good guide I have found. So that's great if you are not feeling so hungry. Your body may be using built in reserves,
  • EVP_NZ
    Options
    Abm4n wrote: »
    Your body may be using built in reserves,

That's good. I have 42% reserves. ;)

I just got a bit nervous yesterday because I listened to a podcast where they thrashed OMAD as wrecking your metabolism.

I have never in my life had the problem of not eating enough. It's very strange. I assume if my metabolism were tanking I would know. Right? It's just one of the weirder things that's happened to me.
  • EVP_NZ
    Options
    So I've been playing around with different IF schedules for a month. Been OMAD for 10 days. Looked back over that month and I've lost 3.83 kg. That's almost 8 1/2 pounds. Holy smokes. Keto is good. Cheaty keto (with real ice cream once and generally 50ish carbs) plus IF is astonishing.

But my main hope was for it to even out moods. Still anxious as hell at the beginning of this new job/new semester. Maybe it has evened them out and I would be totally nutters without it, instead of just mostly nutters as I am now.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    That's great!!! :smiley:
  • Buds200
    Buds200 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • Mom2annie
    Mom2annie Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Nutters...hahaha Congrats on the weight loss. Hope you see a more marked improvement in your moods soon. I think you will. A new job is definitely a stressful event!
  • kabrigail
    kabrigail Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Awesome loss!
  • EVP_NZ
    Options
    Heading into weekend two on OMAD. Not sure how I'm going to do meals or a splurge day this weekend. I might just keep plugging along with OMAD as is. I'm not hungry for more than one meal a day now so I'm not going to force anything.

Splurge days might mean no counting calories and maybe some carbs foods if I miss them. I had a beer tonight, which is a once-a-month or less indulgence. Hoegaarden, a Belgian wheat beer. Man was it good. Even with that and split pea soup, my carbs were in the realm of low carb (<50) as I'm only eating once a day.

I know I can't handle unlimited carbs. Always regain the weight. And they make me feel awful as I'm fat-adapted now.

So I'm picking and choosing. Bread I can live without forever. Same for most sweets. But I sometimes want some beans or a bowl of oatmeal or 1/3 of a cup of rice with my curry. OMAD gives me the wiggle room for that. And give me a beer once or twice a month and I could eat this way forever.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    I missed my bread so I found some that was LC and started eating it this week and smartfood popcorn because that's the best :)
  • EVP_NZ
    Options
    I wanted to say thanks for everyone's support and comments. It's been really helpful.

Had an interesting experience this weekend--had 2 1/2 meals on Saturday, my splurge day and realized I felt so full that it felt gross. It actually felt good to be empty on my next OMAD day. This is a really fascinating, enlightening experience. And to think I was afraid of hunger my whole life....
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    That's great, it means your stomach is shrinking :)
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    EVP_NZ wrote: »
    I wanted to say thanks for everyone's support and comments. It's been really helpful.

Had an interesting experience this weekend--had 2 1/2 meals on Saturday, my splurge day and realized I felt so full that it felt gross. It actually felt good to be empty on my next OMAD day. This is a really fascinating, enlightening experience. And to think I was afraid of hunger my whole life....

Isn't it interesting to look forward to the fasting day, because you feel too full on the splurge day? I've had this too, and it IS surprising!
  • EVP_NZ
    Options
    You guys! I've lost 2.5 cm from my waist since 22 Feb. That's an inch in two weeks! :o
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Good goal!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    EVP_NZ wrote: »
    You guys! I've lost 2.5 cm from my waist since 22 Feb. That's an inch in two weeks! :o

That's great!!! :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Go for it!