Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Meluuu
    Meluuu Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm using the NHS podcast couch25k program and track my runs with Endomondo. They also offer a 5k+ program and and strength routine in podcast format. You can download the audio tracks and use as you want.

Also, week 2 completed today :)
  • Just_Eric
    Just_Eric Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    joshllb wrote: »
    Hmm on second thoughts, I think I'll try and better my time by using the 5k pacer app first and go from there! Then hopefully when I go to a 10k I'll be ready to run a little quicker!
    I see there's an app by that name for iOS, does anyone know a good app for faster pacing available for Android?

• Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Workout 16 of 28, 2.5 mile run, done. 5 minute warm up (around 1/4 mile), then 33 minute run. Straight. Feelin pretty great about it. 12:51 mi/min, including the 5 min warm up walk.
  • Just_Eric
    Just_Eric Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Non training day today. Went to do 1 mile for speed. 7:58. I run faster at 41 years old than I did at 16 years old.

Stick with it guys. See you in the BT10k group soon.
  • Brans34
    Options
    Just_Eric wrote: »
    Non training day today. Went to do 1 mile for speed. 7:58. I run faster at 41 years old than I did at 16 years old.

Stick with it guys. See you in the BT10k group soon.

That's awesome! Congrats!!
    Can't wait to join you over there.
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Great job, Wanda! You are doing great! Have you signed up for any races or do you have any future goals now that you have graduated the C25K program?
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Just_Eric wrote: »
    joshllb wrote: »
    Hmm on second thoughts, I think I'll try and better my time by using the 5k pacer app first and go from there! Then hopefully when I go to a 10k I'll be ready to run a little quicker!
    I see there's an app by that name for iOS, does anyone know a good app for faster pacing available for Android?

Eric, are you looking for an app that will have runs to improve pace, or a Pace Control app? I have Android and use the "Pace Control" app by Piotr Bieniek... it can give you audible feedback of your pace every 1/8th of a mile and you can also tell it how far your run will be and what your goal time is and it will let you know if you're on pace, ahead of pace, or behind pace. I've used it for about 4 months and have been happy with it.
  • RoteBook
    RoteBook Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I did week 4 day 2 today, even though I didn't want to. My 5 year old was off of school, so I asked him to encourage me-he did a hula, lol. How could I resist?
  • veggrrrl
    veggrrrl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I last ran last Thursday. W3D1. I think I should've done W2 over again because I think I have a stress fracture in my shin. :'( I'm sooo upset. I was really loving the training and making a noticeable difference since the beginning. I think I'm going to go to the dr. tomorrow.

If anyone can tell me anything to make me less sad, I'd really appreciate it.
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    veggrrrl wrote: »
    I last ran last Thursday. W3D1. I think I should've done W2 over again because I think I have a stress fracture in my shin. :'( I'm sooo upset. I was really loving the training and making a noticeable difference since the beginning. I think I'm going to go to the dr. tomorrow.

If anyone can tell me anything to make me less sad, I'd really appreciate it.

You have the whole rest of your life to run. A few weeks to heal won't matter. :)
  • Brans34
    Options
    It has been storming so bad with so much flooding here lately that we haven't gotten out to run for a week! That is NOT good for our training for that 5K we have in 27 days! And yes, dodging lightning WOULD increase our pace, but I didn't think a 5year old on a metal bike would have as much luck. Lol
    Now all the water needs to go back down so we can get back to it!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Brans34 wrote: »
    It has been storming so bad with so much flooding here lately that we haven't gotten out to run for a week! That is NOT good for our training for that 5K we have in 27 days! And yes, dodging lightning WOULD increase our pace, but I didn't think a 5year old on a metal bike would have as much luck. Lol

Checked your profile to see if you are near me, since we've had flooding too. We're practically neighbors.
    :D
  • Brans34
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »

Checked your profile to see if you are near me, since we've had flooding too. We're practically neighbors.

Awesome! Where are you at?
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Finished W4, D1 today!

I don't know why, but I really had myself psyched out about week 4. Happily, it was all mental though, because I had a great run and didn't have hardly any trouble. I did notice that my route is super-hilly though lol
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

Rogers, Arkansas work in Bentonville. We ride our motorcycles out your way when we get a chance.
  • Brans34
    Options

Rogers, Arkansas work in Bentonville. We ride our motorcycles out your way when we get a chance.

Wow! We ARE close! How cool is that!? Lol
  • goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    goldenday wrote: »
    Officially completed a full 5k run. Total time was rather shocking at 51 mins, but I hadn't been well and skipped running for 20 days before I started where i left off from.

Congratulations!

Thank you ^^