Daily Check In Thread -- 10k+ version

Replies

• upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    So after the difficulties at the beginning of the year I ran the Ox 12 hour on Saturday.

A 10km loop on a tough trail route with some lovely technical descents, and challenging climbs. I limited myself to a 43km distance as I then had the Dark Ox 10K that night as well.

zns4mscbtzh8.jpg

Awesome. I started my half marathon training today. A 3 miler with warm ups and cool downs. I cheated and did a 5k since 3 miles is so close to one. So HHHM W1D1 is done.
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    10k TRAINING IS COMPLETE! My race is scheduled for Saturday and, of course, it is supposed to rain. I am a fair weather runner so the idea of it doesn't excite me. :(
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    @MeanderingMammal -- awesome hardware as always! Sounds like a great event!

@upsaluki -- looking forward to tracking your progress. Do you have a HM race event in mind and if so, how far out is it?

@woodwardtm -- awesome on completing the training! Drat, I'm not a fan of running in the rain either... cold, fine, but not a fan of getting wet. However, don't worry yet, there is still time for it to change. There was a 90% chance of rain for my Sat race a few weeks ago all the way up through Fri, but ended up just being overcast. Hoping for good weather for you!
  • upsaluki
    @woodwardtm -- I don't mind snow, but I hate rain. I'm too addicted to using my phone and bluetooth headphones.

@rusgolden No race is scheduled near the end date. I just do so much better when I'm following a training plan, so I decided to start it. I do have a few that are scheduled in early fall where I'd like to do one. Hopefully I can find a 10 k or two to do in the meantime.

PS So HHHM W1D2 is done.
  • woodwardtm
    Yeah, guys, I don't mind the cold either but cold and wet will not be a good time. :( Our mornings have been in the 30's and 40's here, rain on top of that will be miserable. I am not even sure how I will dress. Ugh...
  • rusgolden
    woodwardtm wrote: »
    Yeah, guys, I don't mind the cold either but cold and wet will not be a good time. :( Our mornings have been in the 30's and 40's here, rain on top of that will be miserable. I am not even sure how I will dress. Ugh...

Yeah, that doesn't sound like much fun, but still holding out hope for better weather than they are predicting. As far as what to wear... for me, I would probably wear my long base layer (warm and moisture wicking) with either shorts or my joggers (lightweight and water resistant) on bottom and either tech t-shirt or lightweight water resistant jacket... the decision on those would depend on how heavy it was going to be raining. I prefer to dress a little warmer than a lot of runners, but that's me.

In any case, good luck!!
  • rusgolden
    @upsaluki -- I agree, much easier to use a training plan... I feel like I'm in limbo right now. I stretched out my 12 week plan into about 16 weeks... repeated a couple and took it a bit easier when I ran a couple of races before the HM and also took a week off when I had a flare up with my calf.
  • woodwardtm
    @rusgolden and @upsaluki, I also am afraid of floundering without a training plan. I do not plan to stretch into the HM plans. I just don't have the time with all that is going on at home. I may re-do some of the 10K plan just so I have an active plan to follow. I fear I will slack off without one.
  • upsaluki
    HHHM2 W1D3 done. My long run is tomorrow.
  • woodwardtm
    edited May 2017
    I did it, guys! I ran my 10K this morning in 47 degree temps and a light drizzling rain. I did much better than I expected. I always push harder on race day because I have that competitive streak still buried down inside me. My chip time was 1:01:10.
  • goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    I did it, guys! I ran my 10K this morning in 47 degree temps and a light drizzling rain. I did much better than I expected. I always push harder on race day because I have that competitive streak still buried down inside me. My chip time was 1:01:10.

Brilliant work!
  • woodwardtm
    @goldenday Thank you.
  • upsaluki

Awesome Job! It's nice to run a race after all that training.
  • upsaluki
    I was able to sneak in my HHHM2 W1D4 run. It was touch and go with a busy weekend. Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member

Well done
  • upsaluki
    Knocked out HHHM2 W2D1 this morning. A three miler.
  • upsaluki
    Finished HHHM2 W2D2 today. Missed it yesterday due to weather.
  • upsaluki
    It finally stopped raining today long enough for me to sneak in HHHM2 W2D3.
  • upsaluki
    Knocked out HHHM2 W2D4 this morning.