What does your low carb meals look like??

Options

Replies

• Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Breakfast was a kale omelette with garlic, crushed red pepper, and parmesan and strawberries.
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    there's a few carbs in those spaghettis.... I estimate 15g maybe..... ?

Yea 15 with 11g of fibre
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    dajoloehr wrote: »

Yea 15 with 11g of fibre

I tried Explore Asia Blackbean Spaghetti a few years ago. It was pretty good for what it was. Black bean "pastas" tend to be really high in protein too. Nice alternative to zoodles and less work too!
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »

Yea 15 with 11g of fibre

I tried Explore Asia Blackbean Spaghetti a few years ago. It was pretty good for what it was. Black bean "pastas" tend to be really high in protein too. Nice alternative to zoodles and less work too!

Yea :yum: 22g protein. They're a nice treat when the rest of the family is having spaghetti so I don't feel left out lol
  • ConleighS
    ConleighS Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

Second picture is my "sandwich stack". Stacy all sandwich fillings on a plate, and eat with a fork! So satisfying!! :smiley:
    [/quote]

Looks like my lunch today. Company ordered sandwiches for lunch break so I took the turkey ham bacon tomato and provolone off the bread.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Yea 15 with 11g of fibre

Well I've just had an ahaah moment... I measure my carbs and fibre on MFP... but of course, in America - which is basically MFP's nationality - you measure fibre as PART of the carb content. In the UK, on labels, it's listed separately, so we don't have to deduct fibre from the carb count, it's already been done....

So to date, using MFP's counters, have I been calculating carbs the UK way - or the USA way???

ETA: My carbs are set to 15g/day - but fibre is at 25g/day..... and its spelt 'fiber'.... Oh God, I'm confused.....
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    So, (bump) anyone want to hazard a guess....?
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    @AlexandraCarlyle I think it still depends on whomever entered the nutritional information into MFP originally.

If it was someone in north america, then odds are the carb numbers are total, including fibre. If the person was from the UK or perhaps other parts of europe, then odds are the carbs are net, with fibre separate. That's on an item-by-item basis, so overall if you're filling your food diary with items from all over the place, I think the answer is, nobody knows?

Though if you're in the UK and the food items you're entering are all predominantly based in the UK then I would think your results are going to be mostly the UK style of counting, with carbs being net. That's just a guess though.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    What @Steph_Maks said. How could you possibly know unless the entry happens to read something like USDA.

On another topic I am wondering what you could possibly eat that would be so high fiber yet so low in carbs. Without pondering too long, every food I think of that is high fiber is also generally high carb or at least highish carb. Vegetables, Fruit, legumes, nuts. Seeds.

Help me out here @AlexandraCarlyle. If not from a bottle of some sort of supplement, how are you getting so much fiber and so low carb? Have you had days where you hit the fiber goal without going over 15 carbs? What did you eat? I can see 25 carbs and 15 fiber possibly but not the opposite. I'm clearly drawing a blank.
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    So glad this thread is still here! Over 300 new posts but I'm halfway through. This is my favorite thread in this group. Thanks to all contributors!
  • JessicaLCHF
    edited May 2017
    Options
    clawson91 wrote: »

I made these too. They were great! Two tips: they don't rise so what you put them in as is what they'll come out as (volume wise, they were smaller than I anticipated). Secondly you almost can't add enough chopped nuts, they divide the dough and mimics flakiness. Also, a silpat and muffin tin are useful in this recipe. ygq6qyc5t2hk.jpg
    0bnwsh167zgw.jpg
    fedz0ux19lbo.jpg
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Steph_Maks wrote: »
    @AlexandraCarlyle I think it still depends on whomever entered the nutritional information into MFP originally.

If it was someone in north america, then odds are the carb numbers are total, including fibre. If the person was from the UK or perhaps other parts of europe, then odds are the carbs are net, with fibre separate. That's on an item-by-item basis, so overall if you're filling your food diary with items from all over the place, I think the answer is, nobody knows?

Though if you're in the UK and the food items you're entering are all predominantly based in the UK then I would think your results are going to be mostly the UK style of counting, with carbs being net. That's just a guess though.

Yes, I suppose what I'm relying on is guesswork.... The food items I'm entering are from the MFP database for the most part. I don't get to decide where they come from... Mostly, because I use fresh stuff or home-made things, the contents tend to be 'generic'

And even if they did come from the UK, how the database works out the carbs, net or otherwise, is not under my control, either.
    kpk54 wrote: »
    What @Steph_Maks said. How could you possibly know unless the entry happens to read something like USDA.
    Well, that's kind of why I'm asking...if anyone can shed any light on it.
    On another topic I am wondering what you could possibly eat that would be so high fiber yet so low in carbs. Without pondering too long, every food I think of that is high fiber is also generally high carb or at least highish carb. Vegetables, Fruit, legumes, nuts. Seeds.
    I hve no idea. I set my macros but I didn't touch the choice panel on the right, other than to set the different fat ratios. That's all I adjusted....
    Help me out here @AlexandraCarlyle. If not from a bottle of some sort of supplement, how are you getting so much fiber and so low carb? Have you had days where you hit the fiber goal without going over 15 carbs? What did you eat? I can see 25 carbs and 15 fiber possibly but not the opposite. I'm clearly drawing a blank.

You and me both. I can't explain it either. I can't set a carb AND fibre tally. I tried but the system won't let me. I haven't opted for a subscription, if that's what's stopping me....

• JessicaLCHF
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Fiddlehead ferns tonight with brauts and no bun cheeseburgers off the grill. They were... interesting. Tasted to me like undercooked green beans, not like asparagus at all. But I'm not positive I cooked them correctly! rp89fi0dml6b.jpg
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Fiddlehead ferns tonight with brauts and no bun cheeseburgers off the grill. They were... interesting. Tasted to me like undercooked green beans, not like asparagus at all. But I'm not positive I cooked them correctly!

Looks eerily like shitake shrooms marinated in Kryptonite! Quite a different color scheme than your prior feast.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    Fiddlehead ferns tonight with brauts and no bun cheeseburgers off the grill. They were... interesting. Tasted to me like undercooked green beans, not like asparagus at all. But I'm not positive I cooked them correctly!
    They need to be pre-boiled for at least 10 minutes, in order to adequately soften them, and release/eliminate any toxins.... Did you do that?
  • JessicaLCHF
    edited May 2017
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

Looks eerily like shitake shrooms marinated in Kryptonite! Quite a different color scheme than your prior feast.

Do they? Lol. Might be the flash? They look the same color as asparagus but with some purple/black streaks cooked. I'm not sure how they look fresh. We got them at a gormet market, already cooked, and just nuked them to heat them, added s+p and butter. The tight curled fronds are rather alien looking to me, tho.
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    Oh man. I found my favorite snack. This is a smoked local Gouda cheese. Sooooo good. I can't even. And a Vermont roasted garlic country mustard that's grainy and has a very strong vinegar "bite". It. Is. So. Good.

Come to Arlington, VT. It's worth it! There's a little mom and pop called the "Sugar Shack". Just wonderful. q2bcdavihb4f.jpg
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    59fsiso9ubs9.jpg
    Salmon, mushrooms and brussel sprouts sautéed in grass fed butter :yum:
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    7fydd3r16hvo.jpg
    Today has been super productive as far as food goes. Chicken fried rice! I used miracle rice, chicken, eggs, and broccoli. 4g net carbs. 5-6g net if using soy sauce.