Pregnancy

Options

Replies

• marianlyn
    marianlyn Posts: 144 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @jennamae102 I'm so sorry for your MIL stress! I have a similar MIL and had a talk with my husband before delivery to agree that we would not call her when we went to the hospital. No grandparents got a phone call until after baby arrived and we were in recovery. My logic for DH (in case he wasn't receptive to "because your mom is crazy and has no boundaries") was that I needed his full attention and support in the room with me, not running out to talk to people waiting or even texting people updates. It worked. But I still just woke up from nightmares about MIL being inappropriate at the hospital and I'm not even pregnant! Good luck!
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Overall I like my MIL, she can just be very dramatic and has a way of making everything about her. We live close but she doesn't bother us or invite herself over or interfere in our relationship, so I don't have much to complain about. I will be very interested to see how things progress during pregnancy and with the baby though!

Our big issue with not telling anyone we are at the hospital to deliver will probably be our dog. We would need to drop her off at my SIL's unless I go into labor during the day and we can get her boarded at daycare quickly enough. So, it will probably be impossible to not know we're at the hospital, so keeping people away will be tougher. We'll have to be absolute in our wishes and boundaries.
  • 1fit_mamma
    1fit_mamma Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    So tricky with the dog @jennamae102, you never know you might get enough warning and have time to drop her at doggy day care :), otherwise you could always say you're not sure if you are in labour but might have to stay overnight for observation? Might buy you some time?

Well 1st trimester is kicking my *kitten*, I don't remember feeling this rubbish first time around? Maybe it's the toddler effect? Not severely unwell but pretty nauseous most hours of the day, and the fatigue seems to be peaking. When did you all start to feel better? I'm only 7ish weeks (no dating scan yet so not 100% sure). Majorly hanging out for that 2nd trimester energy surge!!
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    @1fit_mamma We'll figure something out, I'm trying not to stress about something that is so many months away!

I think my worst weeks were 6-9 and I started feeling much better around week 10, and now in week 13 I'm mostly back to normal. I found that eating smaller snacks/meals every 1.5-2 hours helped me...even if it wasn't the healthiest stuff it helped me feel less nauseous. I would have a greek yogurt for breakfast, a small bag of cheerios a little later, and some fruit or a granola bar before lunch. Lots of small stuff throughout the day helped me. I hope you start feeling better soon!
  • marianlyn
    Options
    I'm pregnant! It's still sinking in. It happened the first month we tried, which has never happened for us before. It took over a year with our first.
    So, I want to keep logging my food to keep my weight gain in check and keep me healthy. How do you guys set up your MFP account and your calorie goal? My diary is open if anyone wants to take a peak. Thank you ladies!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @marianlyn congratulations! That is is exciting :smiley: So how far along would that make you approximately?

I set my goal for the first trimester to maintenance (it took me a bit of trial and error to find what that was).

My plan for the second was maintenance +300
    My plan for the third was maintenance +500

However, I more shot to achieve a 0.75-1 lb average gain per week starting in the second trimester.
    So it ended up being more like
    1: Maintenance
    2: Maintenance + 500
    3: Maintenance + 600

My body didn't exactly follow the typical recommendations so there was a little wiggle room in there and I went mostly by results.

Check out this link for some info:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176233/gaining-weight-during-pregnancy-and-losing-it-post-partum

There is a link to it on the main group page as well.

For setting up MFP I just typed in a custom goal. I used the Scooby calculator to estimate it since I find it gets me closer to reality than MFP's calculator does. I always choose lightly active since sedentary has always been too low of assumption for me, even though I don't exercise basically at all. And when I do, I eat back 50% of those calories (though I only eat back gym and class calories, never walking, housework or weights).
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @marianlyn Congratulations!!!
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    @marianlyn Fantastic news! Congratulations!
  • marianlyn
    Options
    @VeryKatie Thank you for this awesome information! As I'm sure many can relate, going from losing weight to maintaining/gaining is weird. In past pregnancies I just let myself eat whatever and however much I wanted, which resulted in 30 and 40 pound gains. I'd like to do better this time!
    @WifiresGettingFit and @samlovesthesnow Thank you! It's still sinking in.
    I'm confident that focusing on tracking food and gaining healthy weight is going to keep me from going crazy with anxiety. And I'll be coming here for experienced advice!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Marianlyn, congratulations!!! I am so excited for you !!! What is your estimated due date? How far along are you??
  • marianlyn
    Options
    @Kirstie155 Thank you! I'm excited and nervous. I think it'll be worse when I start showing and have to tell people...
    I'm only about 5 weeks. So I would be due Jan/Feb next year. Grateful that no one I know in real life is on here! :)
  • 1fit_mamma
    1fit_mamma Posts: 101 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Oh my gosh congratulations @marianlyn!!! After avoiding MFP like the plague for the past week (counting calories was the last thing on my mind...) it was so nice to log back on and see such wonderful news! Hope you're feeling ok so far?

I've been really struggling this time, feel awful most days and just not enjoying life :( Counting down the days until things turn around, @jennamae102 hoping I'm like you and start to feel better at week 10 (currently 8.5). Still haven't haven't seen our OB yet, that comes on Monday so fingers crossed there is a little peanut there having a wriggle!

@VeryKatie how are you going? How many weeks are you now? Starting to get the waddle!!??

• VeryKatie
    Options
    @1fit_mamma I hope you feel better soon too!

I'm doing alright. Sick of being pregnant. Today is the day I've been asking the kiddo to come out for the last few months. I don't think it's going to listen to me. Rebel. 6 days till my due date... no waddling yet. Apparently that happens more if you go overdue or for subsequent children. I am having plant of back pain though. Can't sleep well at all anymore.
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie Stubborn little thing, huh? Sorry you are having discomfort. Fingers crossed for you!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Katie, you are so close, you've got this! Very soon it will all be worth it. I hope you find a way to get a bit more comfortable! I'm so excited for you!
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @VeryKatie I'm so excited you're so close! Hope we hear some good news this week. And see pictures!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Hahah yep I'll let you all know after it happens. For now, still pregnant. Actually had a good sleep for the first time in weeks last night. So today, being pregnant feels fine. Other than I'm hungry. Dinner at 4:30... seems... normal...
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Katie, glad to hear you got some good sleep finally!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Had my last pre-due date appointment yesterday. All of a sudden I'm measuring at 35 weeks when I'm near 40 weeks. I lost 2 cm since the week before and now I'm measuring under the minimum threshold they like to see. I'm going in tomorrow for a fetal assessment so they can check if everything is ok. Why, my cute little baby, are you causing troubles now :(.

The midwife said that sometimes it's just caused by the baby dropping or the body not producing as much amniotic fluid anymore, so it might be fine, but they have to check anyway. I wish they had been able to get me in yesterday so I didn't have to worry as long. But it will be nice to get another sneak peek at my baby.

We haven't told anyone since we don't want people to worry yet. We'll wait till we know what's going on.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Oh my goodness, Katie, I hope everything is okay with baby! I'll be thinking of you-I cant imagine how scary that must be. Will they check your amniotic fluid level? I ~think~ if it gets too low they will want baby out quickly...but you would certainly know better than me! Try and keep calm and know that everything is probably going to be just fine. Any day now and you get to meet baby :) Sending good thoughts your way!