NSV's

Replies

• AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    .... What is 'PF Changs'....?
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    An Asian-themed US casual dining restaurant. Rice, noodles, sauces, wonton chips everywhere. I could have gotten it with out any sauces/rices/et al but I've found altering stuff too much when you're in a rush doesn't work well. And it annoys your dining mates.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Ooooh, yum.... Yup I have to admit - in a place like that, I'd probably be too tempted and throw caution to the wind....
  • Alaplum
    Alaplum Posts: 169 Member
    @AlexandraCarlyle that has to feel dang good! Happy for you!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    kyucifer wrote: »
    It's been 42 days since I've started trying to slim down, and while the numbers on the scale were moving, the inches aren't coming off. I measured myself at three different points and am still getting the same numbers for 4 weeks.

Well yesterday, I noticed a t-shirt that used to fit me a bit snugly was a TINY bit looser. I don't think I lost a measurable amount anywhere specifically, but I must be a LITTLE bit smaller all around!

This happened to me in the beginning too. I luckily measured lots more places though.
    Because I wasn't losing anything measurable on my hips and waist where I wanted to lose, but I lost tons from my thighs, calves, arms, neck and the most was around my rib cage. None of those areas really affect the way clothes fit so I couldn't understand how I could lose 10 of the 30 total I wanted to lose without seeing it.
    I was too focused on the wrong areas.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    elize7 wrote: »
    A non specific NSV for me is that after one and a half years of losing/keeping off a significant amount of weight, I still find myself surprised at how awesome I feel in my body. I'm not ashamed of how I look when I'm dancing or out in public, and I enjoy dressing myself up to look good. Sometimes when those thoughts come to mind, I'm so truely grateful that I found the determination within to lose weight, get healthy, look and feel good.
    Really at the age of 59, I was so physically sick from weight related issues and so far gone that I needed a walker to go more than 10 feet. I had given up, and was sure I would die of a heart attack within 5 years.
    120 pounds down, my life is filled with people and things that bring me more joy than I have ever known before.
    So damned grateful for this and thankful for this amazingly supportive weightloss community. I find daily strength and inspiration here.

<3<3<3

This is one of the best things I have read all day.

Congrats on all your efforts paying off so well.