Sandy's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Sarah, agreed! My bf/fiance (God bless we've been together so long that I don't know what to call him) has the same thing.... he only seems to gain in his tummy whereas I gained all over the place, especially my face! Drives me nuts! Underneath of all of that he's solid muscle... Annoying but seems to be the truth LOL

Yeah, but that visceral fat is the bad bad fat, ours is the more benign kind. I just read a book (that reminds me, I've been meaning to start a book thread so that we can share what we are reading related to OMAD - I need more!!) called "The Secret Life of Fat" and it was so very interesting. The subcutaneous fat (more common in women) actually serves a purpose (conception, childbirth etc.) and can actually be protective. That visceral belly fat - nope - it's actively trying to kill us!

Once I realised that, I was like, dude, you have to lose that weight. I didn't care about his gut that much before, but now... Not that I will be able to make him lose it - he has to want to do it.

Oooooooooh yeah... that actually makes sense, from an evolutionary standpoint women needed more fat in order to sustain feeding a little tiny person in their belly...
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Brilliant realizations Sarah and Sandy at least Sandy you contemplated things and came to your own conclusions of what can be more supportive to you!!!

My fat is all over and very "liquid" in the sense that it feels as if I could pee it all and it would go...very much so...

I guess its a question of balance. Me and my husband were eating way too much carbs like he is 90% carbs... bread, pasta, pizza... I needed to cut on that its way too crazy for me.

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    barbheart wrote: »
    Brilliant realizations Sarah and Sandy at least Sandy you contemplated things and came to your own conclusions of what can be more supportive to you!!!

My fat is all over and very "liquid" in the sense that it feels as if I could pee it all and it would go...very much so...

I guess its a question of balance. Me and my husband were eating way too much carbs like he is 90% carbs... bread, pasta, pizza... I needed to cut on that its way too crazy for me.

Thanks, Barbara. When I looked over all of my meals, I realized that I not only eat healthy the majority of the time, but that I'm very well balanced in my meals and that really gave me comfort. Some days I have more carbs than others, but there are times when low carbs dominate my meal. I just want to be happy and that means being patient with my midsection, it won't have a choice to go, eventually, this is my lifestyle of eating after all. :)

• barbheart
    Options
    Yeah!!! its about finding YOUR balance which is non other than yours! :) you will get it its a matter of a bit of time but you are now in the momentum of weight loss so your whole being is focused on it...
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I am quite the opposite, when I start gaining weight it goes to my upper legs and upper arms. It is so weird. Luckily that is were it is first to go as well.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    @minigrrll, so funny because all morning I started thinking again after posting. Anyhoo, someone shared something in another group about a woman who lost a good amount of weight via IF. She was so happy because she ate everything she wanted--belly last to go. She even spoke about her loose skin tightening up over time. Then I did some searching and the same for other IFers, typically 40yo+, and it hit me that I just need to be patient. I have continuously been losing weight, just upset with my belly. I'm not going to do what I planned and cut nutritious fruits, or go low carb. I eat healthy more often than not and I love the freedom. I'm just going to be patient, it'll go when it goes, no need for extremes. Lol

I have no idea whether mine is subcutaneous or visceral, I can grab skin and pull that equates to pulling on the back of my hand, or eyelid, but I can also grab handfuls... don't have enough hands for my handfuls, in fact. Haha I can feel muscle through it if I press hard enough.

I'm so happy you stepped away from the no-fruit ledge!! :)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    @minigrrll, so funny because all morning I started thinking again after posting. Anyhoo, someone shared something in another group about a woman who lost a good amount of weight via IF. She was so happy because she ate everything she wanted--belly last to go. She even spoke about her loose skin tightening up over time. Then I did some searching and the same for other IFers, typically 40yo+, and it hit me that I just need to be patient. I have continuously been losing weight, just upset with my belly. I'm not going to do what I planned and cut nutritious fruits, or go low carb. I eat healthy more often than not and I love the freedom. I'm just going to be patient, it'll go when it goes, no need for extremes. Lol

I have no idea whether mine is subcutaneous or visceral, I can grab skin and pull that equates to pulling on the back of my hand, or eyelid, but I can also grab handfuls... don't have enough hands for my handfuls, in fact. Haha I can feel muscle through it if I press hard enough.

I'm so happy you stepped away from the no-fruit ledge!! :)

Me too, and especially since on days that I don't have at least 3-5, I feel like *kitten*. I get constipated and feel off. I don't want to have to take a supplement to go to the bathroom, know what I mean? I like my natural poops! lolol
  • wsandy8512
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I am quite the opposite, when I start gaining weight it goes to my upper legs and upper arms. It is so weird. Luckily that is were it is first to go as well.

They go from there first on me as well, I haven't paid attention to where the fat comes on when I've gained. :-)

• wsandy8512
    Options
    Welp, I pretty much screwed myself for Friday's weigh-in. I overdid it on the margaritas, I should have stopped after one.

Went for Mexican with my MIL yesterday and had a few tortilla chips with salsa, a steak fajita burrito, and some fried ice cream along with a small frozen margarita. We were having such a nice time that I ordered another drink. Then I got home, and offered to buy my son-in-law lunch at a Mexican restaurant two minutes up the road that's an offshoot of the one I went to with MIL. I wasn't hungry at all, but while he ate, I had a medium frozen margarita. I was toasted, haha. I promise, I'm not a lush, but the margaritas at both places are the best ever and I couldn't help myself! Well, I could, I just didn't want to. :-)

The weight will fall off after Friday, I'm sure, but I'm up two pounds over what I weighed last Friday. It's all good though, I'm not upset and I don't regret having fun. So, it is what it is. :-)
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the margaritas. I have drinks regularly. Sometimes more or less depending on my day. It doesn't make a huge difference on the scale. Well as long as it's not a nightly thing! You're doing fantastic and you should be proud of yourself.
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    shans34 wrote: »
    Don't worry about the margaritas. I have drinks regularly. Sometimes more or less depending on my day. It doesn't make a huge difference on the scale. Well as long as it's not a nightly thing! You're doing fantastic and you should be proud of yourself.

Totally not worried, the salt from those causes water retention, will be gone in a few days. :)

Thanks so much, Shans, I am really proud of myself. Life is good! You're doing great, too!
  • barbheart
    Options
    You are a super resourceful sweet lady so I am sure the margaritas will fall off fairly soon! :) Meanwhile you enjoyed life!!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Sandy this is my problem every time! Those darn margaritas! They're so good, and go so perfectly with Mexican food which happens to be one of my favorites and they go down so easily LOL... That salt weight will fall right off you lovely!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Sandy this is my problem every time! Those darn margaritas! They're so good, and go so perfectly with Mexican food which happens to be one of my favorites and they go down so easily LOL... That salt weight will fall right off you lovely!

And we did deem alcohol blame worthy, right? So there's that. Lol. And they're especially good on hot and humid days! Am I right? Tell you what though, today I feel ravenous from it. Like I totally walk in some where and order "Four fried chickens, and a Coke" :smiley: I won't of course, though I do have a chicken roasting in the oven right now. :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited August 2017
    Options

And we did deem alcohol blame worthy, right? So there's that. Lol. And they're especially good on hot and humid days! Am I right? Tell you what though, today I feel ravenous from it. Like I totally walk in some where and order "Four fried chickens, and a Coke" :smiley: I won't of course, though I do have a chicken roasting in the oven right now. :)

Oooooooohhhh I made Cajun roasted chicken quarters with mashed potatoes and gravy this week and let me tell you... They were glorious! A good roasted chicken is better than fried chicken to me any day of the week! Especially if you can get the skin nice and crispy in the oven! Side note, yes we made the alcohol blameworthy LOL... On to the next day ;)
  • barbheart
    Options
    Steph, Dunno what a cajoun chicken tastes likes but... sounds freaking awesome from the other side of the Ocean!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    barbheart wrote: »
    Steph, Dunno what a cajoun chicken tastes likes but... sounds freaking awesome from the other side of the Ocean!

It's like spicy and smoky...I make my own mix so that's the best description I have...but let's be honest..you could put any spices on a chicken quarter and roast it to crispy and it'd be delicious! LOL :p
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Welp, I pretty much screwed myself for Friday's weigh-in. I overdid it on the margaritas, I should have stopped after one.

Went for Mexican with my MIL yesterday and had a few tortilla chips with salsa, a steak fajita burrito, and some fried ice cream along with a small frozen margarita. We were having such a nice time that I ordered another drink. Then I got home, and offered to buy my son-in-law lunch at a Mexican restaurant two minutes up the road that's an offshoot of the one I went to with MIL. I wasn't hungry at all, but while he ate, I had a medium frozen margarita. I was toasted, haha. I promise, I'm not a lush, but the margaritas at both places are the best ever and I couldn't help myself! Well, I could, I just didn't want to. :-)

The weight will fall off after Friday, I'm sure, but I'm up two pounds over what I weighed last Friday. It's all good though, I'm not upset and I don't regret having fun. So, it is what it is. :-)

It will go away for sure, I'm glad you had such nice day :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Correct! Alcohol consumption is never our fault.

I accidentally drank half a bottle of wine last night... Oops. It totally wasn't my fault. It was a BYO place so I had to run to the store to get a bottle of wine. If they'd been properly licensed for booze, I'd have only had one glass. So I refuse to take responsibility.

Plus I ate WAY too many onion rings, fries and a giant veggie burger. I haven't weighed yet - it's my "official" weigh day. I guess my saving grace might be that I'm dehydrated from the wine (opposite from the salt in the Margaritas issue!).
  • wsandy8512
    Options

Correct! Alcohol consumption is never our fault.

I accidentally drank half a bottle of wine last night... Oops. It totally wasn't my fault. It was a BYO place so I had to run to the store to get a bottle of wine. If they'd been properly licensed for booze, I'd have only had one glass. So I refuse to take responsibility.

Plus I ate WAY too many onion rings, fries and a giant veggie burger. I haven't weighed yet - it's my "official" weigh day. I guess my saving grace might be that I'm dehydrated from the wine (opposite from the salt in the Margaritas issue!).

LOL, thanks for your support on letting alcohol take the blame. "Accidentally" drank half a bottle, eh? LMAO That's some pretty evil good wine right there, so you should absolutely NOT take responsibility. :-) May the dehydration from the wine be forever in your favor! :-)

@Brendalea69, thank you, it really was nice :-)

@barbheart I sure did enjoy life, and ty :-)

@mistymeadows2005 I feel the same about roasted over fried, but... see today's meal horror below. lol