Take progress pics!

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Ok guys. This the progress thread, progress meaning "the onward movement towards a destination." I'm still in prep. I realized I was starting to develop an unhealthy relationship with food so I took a break from cutting and ate at maintenance for a few weeks. The October show is out of the question. But I'm still lifting heavy, still eating whole, unprocessed foods. The reason I'm posting this is because progress is not linear. Trying to change your body composition is hard work. But I'm moving forward.

In my last post, I lost 5 pounds. Since then, I gained back 2 of those pounds and was feeling defeated...so I thought I would post my starting picture and my most recent. You can't really see a difference, but I thought I'd share. (Hint: the "after" picture is where my hair is longer) The main difference between the two is my mentality. If my body is not show ready by a particular date, no hard feelings. I am going to continue pushing and choose a show date when my body is ready. Not the other way around. Slow and consistent. Also, I can now squat 190lbs for 4 reps....The girl in the before picture couldn't do that.
    umy592uzeddd.jpg

@LolaDeeDaisy23 - I know this is going to sound strange, but I'm so damned proud of you. When we start tipping over into disordered eating, we have got to stop, take stock, and make changes. This had feel so negative to you to back track in order to continue with healthy progression!!! You look amazing and the muscle definition differences are absolutely incredible. Keep at this, strong woman! You're definitely an inspiration.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Kudos to everyone. I'd gotten behind on this post - and just caught up since the beginning of February or March I think. Congrats to all on their progress, whether physical, mental, emotional, or any combination thereof... Y'all all inspire me every day. <3
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Wow, a big difference. I bet your horse is glad you are doing this for yourself. Keep it up, you are progressing well.
  • mlcase61
    mlcase61 Posts: 46 Member
    Yes my horse even looks happier in the after pic!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Wow! Just wow @Steph_Maks
  • amyrising
    amyrising Posts: 39 Member
    hmikkola92 wrote: »
    Not noticing much from my profile view, in fact I look wider somehow. But I'm looking much less lumpy from the front now :)
    QQpNQ8A.jpg

You look fantastic!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Steph_Maks wrote: »
    On the left, over 400 pounds. On the right, approx. 225 lbs, crossing the finish line after a 25km walk two weeks ago.

4buzp57f01xd.jpg

Not really a fair comparison, sitting vs standing, but I didn't do a lot of standing prior to 2016, and have very few photos of myself.

About 45 pounds to go, to hit my goal.

OMG, people don't even recognize you know if they haven't seen you recently I bet. You look so very healthy and happy in the after picture.
  • KnitOrMiss
    On the left, over 400 pounds. On the right, approx. 225 lbs, crossing the finish line after a 25km walk two weeks ago.

4buzp57f01xd.jpg

Not really a fair comparison, sitting vs standing, but I didn't do a lot of standing prior to 2016, and have very few photos of myself.

@Steph_Maks - That's awesome. You should be extremely proud!
  • KnitOrMiss
    hmikkola92 wrote: »
    Not noticing much from my profile view, in fact I look wider somehow. But I'm looking much less lumpy from the front now :)
    QQpNQ8A.jpg

@hmikkola92 - The reason you think you look wider is that the original picture is slightly resized...by looking at the background, you can tell that they aren't quite in the same scale... Try putting them close enough together to match the sizes of your facial distance. The distance between eyes and the T that is made with the nose, that difference doesn't change with weight loss.

But know this - you're slimmer in your face, your arms, your chest, even your waist. The colors of clothing affect things too. The clarity in your skin difference there is amazing. Don't get up in the cycle of being super critical of yourself. You're doing wonderfully!!
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member

4buzp57f01xd.jpg

Absolutely awesome!! You don't even look like the same person. You look so much healthier now. Just wow!!!!
  • RAC56
    Hi everyone! I thought I'd check in. My last post was September 5th.. I cropped my most recent progress picture with the last progress picture I posted. Left is most recent. Middle is September and far right was the beginning of my competition prep. So what's different? My mentality. Since my last post, I haven't eaten off plan, I've tracked my sodium diligently, drank my gallon of water, and got my workouts in. I haven't missed a workout or gone off track. I'm putting in the work every. Damn. Day. You won't progress unless you push yourself.

Thank you @KnitOrMiss for being so supportive. You are an amazing spirit... thank you for always motivating everyone here and having the right words to say.
    2ntjrj193ccd.jpg
    This last picture was last night. I had every reason in the book to not workout... BUT I DID IT. It was leg day and while resting I saw my arms. Progress when you least expect it.
    bgcdcfuyvn7g.jpg

Look how well-purportioned your body looks now, very fit and younger looking too. There are so many times we have every reason not to workout, but the perseverance pays off in the long run as we can all see in your last pic. Thank you for sharing and inspiring us. :)
  • jelizabeth713
    jelizabeth713 Posts: 98 Member
    @Steph_Maks You ARE amazing!! Great job sticking to it and getting this far!!! :smiley:
  • RAC56
    @jelizabeth713 you look fantastic! :)
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    @trish55011, we're looking forward to your in progress/after pictures! Good start!