Daily Check-In for Keto Friends 2017 Version

Options

Replies

• elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    One keto day under my belt. Starting over feels good.
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    One keto day under my belt. Starting over feels good.

well done, keep on in there!
  • elize7
    Options
    Stayed keto today... slightly higher calorie count than I like. Good overall, and kept busy. Still committed to my plan of serious body overhaul and internal attitude adjustments over the next 3 months.
    Tomorrow I start my 12 week "artists way" course. Very very psyched about this. Did housekeeping all day today so my mind would feel less cluttered as I begin this.
    Still angry AF at a couple individuals, but they are already in my rear view mirror. I guess that's for the best.
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    Getting ready to start Keto. Any tips and meal ideas would be appreciated. TIA
  • purrr9
    purrr9 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Back on keto. I lost 50 pounds and then some life changes & depression got the best of me and I gained it all back. Back on the wagon now! Always looking to add more keto buddies.
  • elize7
    Options
    Today is more like low carb. It's movie night so, there will be slightly more carbs added. Cals are higher too. At least it's Monday tomorrow. I seem to be more compliant during the week. Got through the weekend okay by keeping busy. Also started my "artists way" course reading material and did some of the exercises.
    Building up my life, trying to find a little passion for living that is unrelated to anything other than myself and my interests.
    There is a documentary I am dying to see about one of my favorite authors, Joan Didion, called " the center will not hold." I am going to find a way to make my center hold...no matter what comes my way.
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Today is more like low carb. It's movie night so, there will be slightly more carbs added. Cals are higher too. At least it's Monday tomorrow. I seem to be more compliant during the week. Got through the weekend okay by keeping busy. Also started my "artists way" course reading material and did some of the exercises.
    Building up my life, trying to find a little passion for living that is unrelated to anything other than myself and my interests.
    There is a documentary I am dying to see about one of my favorite authors, Joan Didion, called " the center will not hold." I am going to find a way to make my center hold...no matter what comes my way.

I find it easier to stay on plan during the work week as well.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    4031isaiah wrote: »

I find it easier to stay on plan during the work week as well.

Me, three on this one!

@elize7 and all - good luck in the upcoming week. Your artist course sounds phenomenal!
  • elize7
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Uh oh....here comes a Challenge Day rant!...
    refrigerator is not working, today's one of my all day work days and so workmen will be coming in while I'm gone...scaring my cat! Last weekend I fully restocked my freezer and so I'll be tossing about $300 worth of spoiled keto meats. Did I mention I'm only working a few hours a week? This is traumatic. The fact of my refrigerator being broken feels like trauma! If I survive the day stress, then I get to go out for dance night...fun, but I'll be exhausted and feel uber guilty about leaving my scared cat upset and alone. (Have I mentioned that I suspect I'm already about 75% morphed into a cat lady?) It's really important to my well being that I do go out and maintain my new social contacts since I'm again withdrawing from my home base dance night due to rampant treachery, deceit, and skulldoggery.
    This all sounds like minor drama even as I'm thinking it ...but it feels major...and even worse, I hate drama.
    How I wish I could roll over, pull the covs back over my head and fogedaboudit for 24 hours.
    I guess this is the high cost of living life fully. Please wish me some simple calmness for the day, pals. I know this is ridiculous, but I'm shaking. I think I'm mostly upset because I don't feel like I have the choice of staying home for my cat due to having so few work hours.
    Wonder how my keto plan will fare today? Sometimes challenges are motivating.
    It might be yoga time for me right now!!
    Arrrgh.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    If it is any consolation @elize7 , I've worked for a couple of decades as a Realtor who has read and placed many "special notes" in showing instructions regarding cats. As a cat lover who would have my own set of instructions (no doubt), all these sweet or not so sweet felines seem to have 3 behaviors. They either go to their favorite hiding place for the duration, open one eye and look at the visitor/stranger from their comfortable spot on the back of the couch or come and hang out to supervise. Your kitty will be fine. <3
  • Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »
    Did 11 miles this morning. Then ate two cans of tuna with mayo and seasonings.... with no guilt what-so-ever. Most glorious tasting tuna..... lol

How did you eat your tuna? I love tuna! But since I don't eat bread now, looking for a carb free way other than just using a fork.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Did 11 miles this morning. Then ate two cans of tuna with mayo and seasonings.... with no guilt what-so-ever. Most glorious tasting tuna..... lol

How did you eat your tuna? I love tuna! But since I don't eat bread now, looking for a carb free way other than just using a fork.

Lettuce wrap.... Or it's OK to eat it with a fork.
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options

I mix tuna, mayo, and either chopped pickles or green onion in a bowl with salt & pepper. Then eat it. Or scoop with celery or spread onto lettuce.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options

I do better in the mornings. Each day starts with new vision and determination. Then afternoon rolls around and I tend to snack around 5 pm. Dinner usually doesn't happen until 7:30 or later. I try to stick with a few nuts but those nuts morph into a lot of nuts. That is my downfall. Weekends go pretty well for me as my husband is better at staying in Keto than I am and he motivates me. We have even mastered going to Mexican Food restaurants and not having chips! go us!

Oh, and KnitOrMiss.... I think I've turned the corner on energy and long distance running/keto all that stuff. I still struggle at times with enough but I'm reading the books you suggested and they have been super helpful!

@Marcelynh - That is one of the best things I've read today... I'm so glad they are good resources for you... I look forward to hearing how much your progress leaps forward now!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Uh oh....here comes a Challenge Day rant!...
    refrigerator is not working, today's one of my all day work days and so workmen will be coming in while I'm gone...scaring my cat! Last weekend I fully restocked my freezer and so I'll be tossing about $300 worth of spoiled keto meats. Did I mention I'm only working a few hours a week? This is traumatic. The fact of my refrigerator being broken feels like trauma! If I survive the day stress, then I get to go out for dance night...fun, but I'll be exhausted and feel uber guilty about leaving my scared cat upset and alone. (Have I mentioned that I suspect I'm already about 75% morphed into a cat lady?) It's really important to my well being that I do go out and maintain my new social contacts since I'm again withdrawing from my home base dance night due to rampant treachery, deceit, and skulldoggery.
    This all sounds like minor drama even as I'm thinking it ...but it feels major...and even worse, I hate drama.
    How I wish I could roll over, pull the covs back over my head and fogedaboudit for 24 hours.
    I guess this is the high cost of living life fully. Please wish me some simple calmness for the day, pals. I know this is ridiculous, but I'm shaking. I think I'm mostly upset because I don't feel like I have the choice of staying home for my cat due to having so few work hours.
    Wonder how my keto plan will fare today? Sometimes challenges are motivating.
    It might be yoga time for me right now!!
    Arrrgh.

@elize7 - I'm so sorry you've lost so much stuffs... I think I personally would have gone a cooking spree - and then invested in a couple styrofoam coolers to hold leftovers for a bit!

I'm so sorry, too, for your cat, your impossible decisions, and the DRAMA!

I hope your day improves.
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

On lettuce with sliced jalapeno, with flax or almond crackers, with sliced bell pepper to scoop up, with flavored nuts on top for crunch, I bet u could fry up cakes like with canned salmon. With chopped avocado and tomato makes a good salad without lettuce
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    U could make/buy keto bread or muffins and keep in the freezer for sandwiches or a melt
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options

I mix it with fresh herbs, mayonnaise (making my own and it's super yummy) and any odd thing I might have in the fridge that needs to be put to use. Yesterday it was a mini-bell pepper.... then I smother an avocado with it.

Lacking an avocado I might use celery as my spoon. Or just use a fork and chow down.

I'm going to have to consider adding jalapenos. I haven't tried that even though I have jalapenos in the majority of my food. :)