Daily Check-In for Keto Friends 2017 Version

Options

Replies

• 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    It does thanks! I just downloaded and set up the iPhone version.
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind my asking, what is the Libra app?
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind my asking, what is the Libra app?

Libra is a weight tracker available on android phones.
  • sebastiansteinmann
    sebastiansteinmann Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It's an app that gives you good trend weight and smoothes out noise when weighing often.

Can also estimate when you'll reach your goal.
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I will have to check it out. Thank you! :)
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    New low for me, this morning. Now am 10.2 pounds away from the top of a 3 pound goal range! Feeling so encouraged about this.
    Except for about 2 social things per week and some short road trips to see mom and my son, my calendar is now pretty quiet for the summer.
    That means project time! I am hoping to throw myself into this, as I I did last summer. A good way to get stuff done, feel great about it, then be able to cruise in the busier times. Not to mention less boredom eating while I'm killing the weight loss goals!
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

• sebastiansteinmann
    Options
    Weight has started to drop again, but been drinking wine every day and had some pie and cake at a lunch today, and then sushi after. Feeling ok tho, hoping it won't make too much of a dent.

Still, the goal this summer is to not gain, and stay under 80kg I guess.
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    On my way home from a long, food-filled Canada Day weekend. It wasn't totally carb free but I did the best I could. Hopefully I didn't do too much damage. I'm really ready to start seeing more progress.
  • elize7
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Reality check here. It's so clearly time to nix this lethargic self into gear. Have let things go a wee bit too long and in all adult areas there is a slight looming crisis if I don't focus on my life and my work instead of just some dumb boy(as my son calls it.)

I got some really nice words of encouragement from friends recently. About more than just how I looked or how much weight I've lost. It felt pretty good to be there and hear that out loud from people I care about. I dont have much family, but it felt like that to me. I think I have been longing for connections like this.
    So, this makes me feel better and want to go on and refocus.

I think summer will be going much better now and I'm still in a comfortable keto weightloss pattern that isn't as severe as it was two years ago; but seems to be working even while accomodating some social indulgences that I just cant seem to forego all the time. I like this pattern alot; a little more jerky than usual but the weight trend is consistently downward. ( i just started using the Libra weight recording app with a trend line.)
    Never thought i would say this, with my previous serious attitude about always weighing in to the ounce or be in denial...but now that I'm closer to goal weight I'm okay with knowing the trend is occurring and i just need to be consistant in realistic calorie, carb, and macro accounting.
    It"s actually working ...as we speak. Maybe....this is to be how maintenance will work for me. I think it seems possible even after I get to goal weight.

Wouldn't that be a hoot? To discover my maintenance plan almost as soon as I totally throw in the towel on that subject...after a year of relentless wrassling with it! LMAO!
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    Funny.
  • elize7
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Got my wish from yesterday, a two pound mini whoosh. I'm now at lowest weight since the middle of last October. Feeling very happy, motivated, revved up, etc.
    About 8 lbs to go til I reach the top of my new goal range!
    Tonite, a challenge in the guise of a mini social gathering. Just need to be prepared to make keto choices. Also need to be prepared for the inevitable, yet temporary, upswing on scale numbers, for which I know I now am overdue . Thank you Libra App for the trend numbers... really helps my mindset.
    I have to check my rewards chart, but I'm guessing I'll qualify for my next retail reward! That is always fun!!!!!
    Have been good with projects for a couple days, and would like to get back to my daily watercolors and drawings which I stopped doing right after the break up. Long, hard road back when you take risks that backfire. But no matter. It's mostly history now, except when face to face. I will get there.
    Today, I will fuel myself with the "living well is the best revenge" scenario. Luv that. Fits right in with my Scorpion nature.
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    Just checking in. I promised myself back in April that no matter what happened, I'd give myself a minimum of 3 months worth of honest effort before I decided once and for all that Keto wasn't for me. I gave it to July 1 and after 14 weeks, I only lost 13lbs. That's not even a pound/week. But I've decided that even though the results aren't what I expected or what other people experienced, I believe it at least started answering some questions for me.

Having gone from a carb heavy diet to meat, veggies and fruit, I started having even more digestive trouble than I'd had before. Since I already can't do dairy or legumes, I naturally assumed the problem was with meat as they are all protein and I suspected that was the issue. You'd think this would lead me to cut out meat but...

I've decided that instead of quitting on Keto, I'm going to take it a step further and give myself one month to experiment with meat only. This is counterintuitive considering I believed for so long that protein is the problem but after hearing other people's stories and doing some of my own research, I feel like I've got nothing to lose.

I will listen to my body and reevaluate again August 1.

Wish me luck!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Hope it helps.
  • elize7
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Christy - Hope it works out. It's so challenging to find something that works and then to keep it working is a daily effort.

My party last night was fun, but not keto. Darn. A little more than minimal damage, but not full on pig out. So I hope to correct that today with increased activity and firm food boundaries. I'm realizing it may be safer to eat something keto before I go out and accept a higher calorie count for the day rather than eat nothing and cave in to crazy hunger thinking.

Still feeling very psyched overall. Gave myself a weigh in day off - actually, I overslept and forgot to jump on the scale. But it works for me.
  • CorineSilva
    CorineSilva Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Keto Restart : Day 1~ :) Thursday July 6th
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    Good luck @corineortega!
  • sebastiansteinmann
    Options
    Been to the cabin again for a couple of days. Been some wine, and more veggies and nuts than normal. Not looking forward to stepping on the scale tomorrow.

And of course there's a new wedding this weekend.

Starting work again in little over a week. Any tips to eating keto at work? We have a lunch buffet with 1 hot meat, soup and salad. Not always a good protein option to have with the salad.
  • jsolis2720
    jsolis2720 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Looking for keto friends to follow to help keep me going on this way of life
  • elize7
    Options
    Day 2 off plan. I blame the peanuts. When will I learn? Tried again to have food in the house for visitors..bad idea.

This reminds me so vividly that the eating disorders do not go away. They are there,
    aways ready to pounce after allowing me to believe in my small progresses, and to think I can handle it normally.

Still, if I ever want to be in normal company, I have to find ways to manage this. I can't live in a bubble and my keto foods don't really translate to appetizing social offerings. I'm mega basic in my keto food plan. Maybe I'll shelve that issue til after my current weight loss challenge.

Hoping today goes better food wise. I've been doing well and want to keep going.