Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    And yet more humor

Hi
    I did some more walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was 43 on the porch and 44 on the cable channel. Due to the weather forecast I have decided to switch over from Hiking Shorts to Hiking Pants, Both the 7 pocket type from Cabelas.
    These http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Mens-Legendary-Seven-Pocket-Hiker-Pants/1323177.uts
    Our Men's Legendary 7-Pocket Hiker Pants boast spacious gusseted button-through cargo pockets, rear pockets and a handy knife pocket. Stonewashed rugged 100% cotton canvas has a perfectly weathered, broken-in feel. Imported.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/872977/black-death-madagascar-warning-experts-fear-plague-pandemic
    Black Death 'global outbreak' warning: Plague spreads to NINE countries amid experts fears
    By Simon Osborne, 08:54, Mon, Oct 30, 2017
    UPDATED: 10:26, Mon, Oct 30, 2017

https://www.yahoo.com/news/iphone-brings-face-recognition-fears-masses-012915239.html
    New iPhone brings face recognition (and fears) to the masses
    Rob Lever, AFP October 28, 2017

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/873017/European-Union-International-Monetary-Fund-IMF-eurozone-bailout-power-economy-budget
    Europe wants to create its OWN version of IMF for one VERY interesting reason…
    By Vickiie Oliphant, 11:52, Mon, Oct 30, 2017
    UPDATED: 22:59, Mon, Oct 30, 2017

North Korea on verge of 'catastrophe' at nuclear site - China warns Kim to STOP tests
    By Ross Logan, 08:00, Mon, Oct 30, 2017 | UPDATED: 08:53, Mon, Oct 30, 2017

Happy Halloween
    Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Hi all!!

I have tried to remember a time I was so tired, but it has been a while. Sunday was church and they had their trunk or treat Sunday nite. The kids were all so cute and the people had the car trunks and areas decorated so well! Cooked out hot dogs and one trunk "dressed with the Harry Potter theme" served butter beer, so what could be better?

Cooked Sunday nite for my friends memorial service on Monday. A beautiful service and lots of wonderful memories. I left the house at about 9:15 am and did not get back till about 4pm. I am so stiff I can barely move. I have slept off and on all evening even as I struggled to stay awake. So it is 2 am and I am trying for bed, lol. My puppies are none too happy I have been gone.

Chilly here in the mornings but nice fall type days. I did cover my plants, but really need to get out and fall clean.

Val, sorry work is such a pain.Americans do not seem to fair too well on the work happiness schedule as I see it compared to other countries...Things are stupidly expensive. Scary for Em, but you handled it very well.

Maria, not sure what can of a hound may is. She does have cute kissable wrinkles though, lol!

So crazy, I never checked in yesterday, back to zero.... ..Take care..Jan :)
    Hi Jan
    You had a really busy day so I can see why You are tired.

I remember You mentioned the Trunk or Treat last year too :)

My plan is to log in even if I have no time to post :) The thing that would defeat that would be a Power outage that lasted around the clock.

Cheers, Enjoy the Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning!

I do check in in the morning and come back if i need to. I guess yesterday i was half asleep and headed into the reheating and cooking section of the day and did not even turn the computer on. That is okay. I need to recommit and today seems a good day to do that... :|

I can still barely move. We are catching up on e-mails, cleaning and our rescues for dogs today. Mostly resting!

Chilly in your neck of the woods. Your cargo pants sound pretty awesome and just the ticket for walking! Don't you love it when the days cause you to wear 2 or 3 outfits? That is Alabama weather!! Layering helps, but not always possible, lol!....scary articles with the black death and apple phones. (The link did not show up for N korea, but I am going to see if I can find it!). Scary for different reasons of course. I think I will head to humor to round out the day!

Hope Halloween was happy and haunting for all!! ..Jan :#
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Hi Jan - It’s no doubt that you’re tired after all that...take care. Doggies appreciate routine. Hi Roger - my house is well insulated so even with our cool mornings, we are comfy inside without heat..probably till Dec. Had another bad HR day yesterday...mind you, immediately out of the hospital, I worked 37 hours, took 3 hours vacation. That woman threatened to change my status to part time!!! That’s where I have to pay 100% of my insurance costs. I was cursing on the phone with my boss i was so livid. Last week i had begged my boss to make HR stop harassing me...she said she had called her and told her to not contact me further...three emails yesterday...now HR is insisting on my telling her what “special accommodations” I require. If I wrote it down, I’d then have to endure much more HR involvement. Groan. After the third HR email, my boss just said to not respond. This is absurd. Unrelated to that, i am starting to feel better...still not 100%, but better... caught myself dancing in the kitchen while waiting for the microwave. My wound is draining and sore...and even though I’m good about not putting the tape in the same place, even paper tape rips off my skin. Em had a good day yesterday...seems to not hate me for being parental. I’m making an effort to support her desire for more independence...she was uncomfortable but then felt proud when she saw she could handle more than she thought. Hope you all have a super day.
  • RogerToo
    I did post more humor, Once I warmed up from the walking :)

Hi
    I did some more walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was 35 on the porch and 42 on the cable channel. I was glad I have switched over from Hiking Shorts to Hiking Pants with this mornings temperature.
    We had 98 or 99 Trick or Treaters for Halloween which is up from the number I remember from last year. I was beginning to wonder is we would have any and then the first three showed up at 4:30 which is well after school is out. The Costumes on the Young ones were good too. The Young Ones were also excited to get the 50 Cent coins :)

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Some-Mega-Millions-Tickets-Sold-Incorrectly-454110213.html
    Virginia Lottery Sold 180 Mega Millions Tickets That Can't Win
    If you bought a ticket Friday night, you might have zero chance of winning the big jackpot
    By Abby Vesoulis

Sad :(
    http://fox11online.com/news/local/menominee-tribal-police-meth-found-in-trick-or-treat-bag
    Crystal meth found in trick or treat bag on Wisconsin Indian reservation
    by FOX 11 News

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5030889/Passenger-jet-sabotaged-off.html
    Passenger jet is SABOTAGED before it is due to take off in Sweden after person gains access to airport area
    By Tariq Tahir For Mailonline, Published: 05:12 EDT, 30 October 2017
    Updated: 08:27 EDT, 31 October 2017

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/espn-cant-afford-monday-night-football/
    ESPN Can’t Afford Monday Night Football Any More
    Posted on October 30, 2017 by Clay Travis - OKTC

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/873443/north-korea-nuclear-accident-Punggye-ri-tunnel-collapse-kim-jong-un
    North Korea nuclear disaster: Hundreds dead at Kim's missile testing facility
    By Joey Millar, 09:20, Wed, Nov 1, 2017
    UPDATED: 10:47, Wed, Nov 1, 2017

https://www.studyfinds.org/new-dinosaur-gigantic-carnivore/
    Study Reveals Gigantic Tracks Belong To ‘Mega-Carnivore’ Dinosaur 4X The Size Of Lion
    30Oct - by Calum Mckinney

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

I do check in in the morning and come back if i need to. I guess yesterday i was half asleep and headed into the reheating and cooking section of the day and did not even turn the computer on. That is okay. I need to recommit and today seems a good day to do that... :|

I can still barely move. We are catching up on e-mails, cleaning and our rescues for dogs today. Mostly resting!

Chilly in your neck of the woods. Your cargo pants sound pretty awesome and just the ticket for walking! Don't you love it when the days cause you to wear 2 or 3 outfits? That is Alabama weather!! Layering helps, but not always possible, lol!....scary articles with the black death and apple phones. (The link did not show up for N korea, but I am going to see if I can find it!). Scary for different reasons of course. I think I will head to humor to round out the day!

Hope Halloween was happy and haunting for all!! ..Jan :#

Hi Jan
    Just in Case, here is the Link, I seem to oops that one :(
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/872394/north-korea-news-china-warns-kim-stop-nuclear-tests-punggye-ri

Just curious what time You got Your first Kids at the door if any ? As I mentioned above, ours seem to have started late this year, I suspect that there may have been some sort of after school activity once I thought about it today :)

I can understand being tired, You had a couple of busy days.

I actually Have Thermals I can wear under them on the Coldest days if needed, I will say they are enough for most of the winter excluding unusually cold temps.

You may find today's links interesting and scary too :(

It was a good Halloween
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Jan - It’s no doubt that you’re tired after all that...take care. Doggies appreciate routine. Hi Roger - my house is well insulated so even with our cool mornings, we are comfy inside without heat..probably till Dec. Had another bad HR day yesterday...mind you, immediately out of the hospital, I worked 37 hours, took 3 hours vacation. That woman threatened to change my status to part time!!! That’s where I have to pay 100% of my insurance costs. I was cursing on the phone with my boss i was so livid. Last week i had begged my boss to make HR stop harassing me...she said she had called her and told her to not contact me further...three emails yesterday...now HR is insisting on my telling her what “special accommodations” I require. If I wrote it down, I’d then have to endure much more HR involvement. Groan. After the third HR email, my boss just said to not respond. This is absurd. Unrelated to that, i am starting to feel better...still not 100%, but better... caught myself dancing in the kitchen while waiting for the microwave. My wound is draining and sore...and even though I’m good about not putting the tape in the same place, even paper tape rips off my skin. Em had a good day yesterday...seems to not hate me for being parental. I’m making an effort to support her desire for more independence...she was uncomfortable but then felt proud when she saw she could handle more than she thought. Hope you all have a super day.

Hi Val
    I am sorry to hear that You are having so much trouble with the HR department. Even when I worked the Union Job for 14 years I could not tell You if anyplace I worked had one.

Feeling better is great, especially if You felt well enough to be dancing in the kitchen :)

is there any easy peel tape around, I never looked TBH. I have used the tape that only sticks to itself where I could, Only since it stayed on better though.

Being a parent these days must be like walking a tightrope between to much and too little control.

Good Luck with Em and Work
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning all!

I am starting to feel human again. After much resting. I am not looking forward to the time change coming up. May May always wakes me a little too soon, so looking at the clock with the earlier time is not enticing! I do prefer the spring ahead time, lol! I guess it will help to get to bed earlier. I wish they would split the difference and just not change the time! :s

Gosh Roger it is cold up there. My house is chilly, it is warmer outside. It is supposed to warm as the week goes on! Maybe some kind of fall. The mosquitoes are so bad I hate to go outside. I am not sure it will get cold enough to give us some relief! I had to play games with a lizard this morning getting in between my screen door and regular door. I left the screen open for him to leave. Apparently he likes it there. I finally chased him from the house after trying to get in with Chester. Us 2, lizard 0. He is finally outside and I got my door shut! LOL! This is before coffee, mind you. When I hit Lowes I guess I need some weather stripping for the door bottom. The house has settled I guess, as there is a gap that was not there years previous... :#

We had less and less kids for Halloween in the last 15 years. I do not even bother with it anymore, and haven't in the last 8 years or more. Our street is busy, but country and dark. It is not really worth the kids walking so far to get just a few candy or treats. Most people down here do the churches or small community streets where you might know everyone. The fear of what people might give out is no longer making it worth it to go to a stranger's house, and most places have no sidewalks. The kids have fun at church, but I was thinking how sad it is my grandchildren will never know Halloween as we did. Glad it is going well in your neighborhood!! It really depends on where you live here too.

You are right! The articles are mostly scary! North Korea's leader is really deranged and so out of touch with the real world. Unfortunately he is just the kind to set wheels in motion that should never be in motion. A few of the articles that were in that article was interesting too. There was one about a minister that had noticed America is not really ever mentioned in the biblical fight mentioned at the bible's end. for us being a superpower. He is actually not the first that has said this. It is interesting , though he says it is because of a first strike scenario by Korea. It could be any of a few countries though.... I find it interesting as I see our culture start to decay, I can see us so trying to take care of our problems internally, both socially and then financially, it may be America is not in a position to be included. Of course, this is all speculation. I do not think it will be in my lifetime at any rate...

Loved about the dinosaur and laughed about the NFL and ESPN. I have no sympathy for anyone but the dino!! Thanks too for the humor! It was quite awesome!! :)

Val, there are no words for your HR. Bless your heart having to work for that company. They are lucky to have you. I am sorry about your tape problems. Some of the hypo sensitive tape might help, or possibly the plastic liquid repair might work if you allergy test first. The liquid band aide might work in places for support and leaving a place to drain. I assume the drainage is healthy looking, hopefully. You could check with a pharmacist for some ideas. I just can not believe what you are having to go thru.. so sorry. On the up side, you are a great MOM with a super kid!! <3

Hang in there, all!! ..Jan
  • maria3761
    maria3761 Posts: 77 Member
    Good evening all, sorry I have been so absent! I Had a bit of an unusual past week and time management is not my strongest suit! Last week I took two extra days off along with my regular two days because I reached a year at my job on the 19th so I started using some vacation days. I don't really need to take them all at once (I'm not going on a vacation) so I'm going to spread the vacation days out over the next 12 months. It was so nice having four days off in a row! I'll be doing that again at Thanksgiving... yay!

On the day before my time off started, my boss asked me if I had looked at my paystub from the check I received that week and I had not yet. I asked her why, was there something wrong, and she said no.... she had given me a raise!!!! I was really surprised because I didn't think that was coming . She seemed so unhappy and dissatisfied with everybody's performance lately that I never really thought about getting a raise at the end of my first year, also because I had gotten a raise at the end of my three month probation . My boss is difficult to read . She has a really hard time dealing with stress and can be really grumpy and sometimes even mean, but then other times she can be pretty nice and generous. I used to be very stressed out about it but I've kind of just gotten used to the way she is. My husband and I decided to go out to dinner to celebrate. I had a pass from a local restaurant for two free meals so we decided to use that. Restaurants will sometimes give out little freebies, or in this case a big freebie, to hotel employees so that we can try out their places and then recommend them to guests. Needless to say I wasn't quite on program that night, but I didn't do too bad . I had shrimp pasta and didn't eat all the pasta as I normally would've but I did eat most of the shrimp and it was very very good , extremely fresh. I had a glass of wine, a little calamari, and a couple of small pieces of bread which I did not enjoy that much (that is very unusual for me as I love bread!) I did not have dessert! It was a good night; the only drawback was about halfway through the dinner a party of about six came in and they were so loud and obnoxious that it started to ruin it for me. I really don't understand why people need to talk three times louder than anybody else in a restaurant, bragging and full of themselves.

This past week we also switched over to a different reservation system at work. It has been strange and stressful getting used to so many new things on the computer, and knowing that even the boss isn't sure about herself in the situation makes me feel insecure and more stressed. The changeover wasn't as smooth as it should've been. The new company didn't prepare everything as they should've and promised, so my boss has been stressed out and in a fog all week too, hopefully next week will go smoother! I must say it feels really good each time I know I've learned something new that's going to stick in my head.

Last Friday was my second weigh-in and I'm happy to say I'm down 8 pounds after two weeks (nothing like the beginning weeks of the diet when you lose weight faster, lol). I deviated from the plan Halloween too so this Friday's weigh-in probably won't be so good, but I know that's temporary. I am back on track today and happy to be.

Jan, my condolences at the loss of your good friend, I hope you're doing alright. The weather here has finally started cooling down the way it should be. For the most part nights have been in the low 50s to upper 40s and days have been in the low 60s... Much more comfortable than 80s and 90s! We are even supposed to get some rain on the weekend ! I really look forward to that as we can really use the water.

Val, I'm glad you're feeling better but I hope your incision is okay. Your work sounds extremely stressful I hope that gets better for you. Do you have one teenage daughter? How old is she ? I thought it sounded like you handled that situation with her really well too. I don't have any children but seems like you said the right things.

Roger, the temperatures are definitely dropping in your part of the world! When do you start to see snow there? I see a lot of deer here but I'm not sure I've ever seen any jump over anything super high now that I think about it . Do you have Cardinals in New Jersey ? We don't have them here in California, at least not in my part, they're so pretty. I used to do a lot of birdwatching in the past , though I haven't in quite a while I still am very interested in bird species. It's fun going to different parts of the country and seeing different birds that you don't have in your own particular region. Wow I can't believe how many trick-or-treaters you had ... We had zero, such a huge difference lol! Do you actually answer the door all night long or stop at some point ?

Well I hope you all had a nice Halloween!

It's gotten late here! Fortunately I'm off tomorrow :)

Maria

• RogerToo
    I did post more humor once again, Including some belated Halloween Humor

Hi
    I did some more walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was 58 on the porch and 59 on the cable channel. I wore a sweatshirt and heated mittens and was overdressed. I hung the mittens from the Carabiner I wear on my belt as a result.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-01/papa-john-s-blames-nfl-debacle-for-hurting-sales-of-its-pizza
    Papa John's Blames the NFL for Hurting Pizza Sales
    By Craig Giammona and Eben Novy-Williams, November 1, 2017, 10:36 AM EDT, Updated on November 1, 2017, 5:31 PM EDT

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/10/31/inner-harbor-attacks/
    Another Victim Randomly Attacked By Group Of Teens At Baltimore’s Inner Harbor
    October 31, 2017 8:45 PM By Rick Ritter

http://nypost.com/2017/10/31/humans-love-dogs-more-than-other-people-study/
    Humans love dogs more than other people: study
    By David K. Li,
    October 31, 2017 | 8:02pm | Updated

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5039997/Black-cab-mounts-pavement-Covent-Garden.html
    Taxi driver, 51, is arrested for 'dangerous driving' after four people were injured when black cab mounted pavement and slammed into pedestrians in horror crash in London's West End
    By Alex Matthews and Isobel Frodsham For Mailonline
    Published: 13:28 EDT, 1 November 2017
    Updated: 04:23 EDT, 2 November 2017

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/manhattan/terrorist-sayfullo-saipov-feels-accomplished-nyc-attack-article-1.3603698
    Terrorist Sayfullo Saipov 'feels accomplished' after NYC attack
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS, Updated: Thursday, November 2, 2017, 1:18 AM

https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-york-attack-underlines-central-asia-as-growing-source-of-terrorism-1509508624
    New York Attack Underlines Central Asia as Growing Source of Terrorism
    By Jessica Donati and Paul Sonne, Oct. 31, 2017 11:57 p.m. ET

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning all!

I am starting to feel human again. After much resting. I am not looking forward to the time change coming up. May May always wakes me a little too soon, so looking at the clock with the earlier time is not enticing! I do prefer the spring ahead time, lol! I guess it will help to get to bed earlier. I wish they would split the difference and just not change the time! :s

Gosh Roger it is cold up there. My house is chilly, it is warmer outside. It is supposed to warm as the week goes on! Maybe some kind of fall. The mosquitoes are so bad I hate to go outside. I am not sure it will get cold enough to give us some relief! I had to play games with a lizard this morning getting in between my screen door and regular door. I left the screen open for him to leave. Apparently he likes it there. I finally chased him from the house after trying to get in with Chester. Us 2, lizard 0. He is finally outside and I got my door shut! LOL! This is before coffee, mind you. When I hit Lowes I guess I need some weather stripping for the door bottom. The house has settled I guess, as there is a gap that was not there years previous... :#
    Hi Jan
    I noticed that the time change was coming when I was looking ahead in the guide on my Satellite TV DVR and noticed that the shows on Sunday and Monday were and hour off. The Guide will correct itself and they will record properly when the time change happens.
    You and my brother both, He says they should drop the Daylight Savings time as it is not needed.
    You may find this link interesting FWIW
    http://www.bravotv.com/blogs/everyone-hates-daylight-savings-time-maine-massachusetts-considering-ending
    Everyone Hates Daylight Savings Time, and Now Your State Might Finally Get Rid of It
    Let there be light (after 4 p.m.).
    by Alesandra Dubin, November 1, 2017 • 2:12 PM ET

We had less and less kids for Halloween in the last 15 years. I do not even bother with it anymore, and haven't in the last 8 years or more. Our street is busy, but country and dark. It is not really worth the kids walking so far to get just a few candy or treats. Most people down here do the churches or small community streets where you might know everyone. The fear of what people might give out is no longer making it worth it to go to a stranger's house, and most places have no sidewalks. The kids have fun at church, but I was thinking how sad it is my grandchildren will never know Halloween as we did. Glad it is going well in your neighborhood!! It really depends on where you live here too.

You are right! The articles are mostly scary! North Korea's leader is really deranged and so out of touch with the real world. Unfortunately he is just the kind to set wheels in motion that should never be in motion. A few of the articles that were in that article was interesting too. There was one about a minister that had noticed America is not really ever mentioned in the biblical fight mentioned at the bible's end. for us being a superpower. He is actually not the first that has said this. It is interesting , though he says it is because of a first strike scenario by Korea. It could be any of a few countries though.... I find it interesting as I see our culture start to decay, I can see us so trying to take care of our problems internally, both socially and then financially, it may be America is not in a position to be included. Of course, this is all speculation. I do not think it will be in my lifetime at any rate...

Loved about the dinosaur and laughed about the NFL and ESPN. I have no sympathy for anyone but the dino!! Thanks too for the humor! It was quite awesome!! :)

Val, there are no words for your HR. Bless your heart having to work for that company. They are lucky to have you. I am sorry about your tape problems. Some of the hypo sensitive tape might help, or possibly the plastic liquid repair might work if you allergy test first. The liquid band aide might work in places for support and leaving a place to drain. I assume the drainage is healthy looking, hopefully. You could check with a pharmacist for some ideas. I just can not believe what you are having to go thru.. so sorry. On the up side, you are a great MOM with a super kid!! <3

Hang in there, all!! ..Jan
    I suspect that the kids still get a nice Halloween around here as we are not Rural AKA Country here despite my seeing deer often such as the 3 Seen grazing on the School Lawn. FWIW there were Two there the other day....
    I agree, part of growing up was going Trick or Treating :)

The North Korean Nut Job is likely to start the next war sadly. I think he is so deranged he thinks he can take on teh world and win.

I'm curious what You will think about the Papa Johns Pizza Chain link I posted.

In approximately and hour it will be time for me to go have Breakfast and since I have switched to cereal until the Quart of milk is used up before going back to Hot NS Breakfasts I think today will be 120 calories of Raisin Bran, yesterday was Life Cereal and prior to that Whole Grain Cheerios, Tomorrow will most likely be Wheaties. I like Variety :)

I noticed this too
    Buttons61 10 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 11/01/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Congratulation on getting back on track
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    maria3761 wrote: »
    Good evening all, sorry I have been so absent! I Had a bit of an unusual past week and time management is not my strongest suit! Last week I took two extra days off along with my regular two days because I reached a year at my job on the 19th so I started using some vacation days. I don't really need to take them all at once (I'm not going on a vacation) so I'm going to spread the vacation days out over the next 12 months. It was so nice having four days off in a row! I'll be doing that again at Thanksgiving... yay!

On the day before my time off started, my boss asked me if I had looked at my paystub from the check I received that week and I had not yet. I asked her why, was there something wrong, and she said no.... she had given me a raise!!!! I was really surprised because I didn't think that was coming . She seemed so unhappy and dissatisfied with everybody's performance lately that I never really thought about getting a raise at the end of my first year, also because I had gotten a raise at the end of my three month probation . My boss is difficult to read . She has a really hard time dealing with stress and can be really grumpy and sometimes even mean, but then other times she can be pretty nice and generous. I used to be very stressed out about it but I've kind of just gotten used to the way she is. My husband and I decided to go out to dinner to celebrate. I had a pass from a local restaurant for two free meals so we decided to use that. Restaurants will sometimes give out little freebies, or in this case a big freebie, to hotel employees so that we can try out their places and then recommend them to guests. Needless to say I wasn't quite on program that night, but I didn't do too bad . I had shrimp pasta and didn't eat all the pasta as I normally would've but I did eat most of the shrimp and it was very very good , extremely fresh. I had a glass of wine, a little calamari, and a couple of small pieces of bread which I did not enjoy that much (that is very unusual for me as I love bread!) I did not have dessert! It was a good night; the only drawback was about halfway through the dinner a party of about six came in and they were so loud and obnoxious that it started to ruin it for me. I really don't understand why people need to talk three times louder than anybody else in a restaurant, bragging and full of themselves.
    Hi Maria
    I would not worry about being absent, On another forum where I am currently a Moderator we have a saying if some needs to be away for a while, That is "Real Life Comes First".

Sometimes Good Things happen to good people sch as Your raise :)
    Two Free meals is really nice, Around here the Only free meals I see are either Buy one get one of equal or lesser cost or two free meals at a Financial planning session as if I would go anywhere that I suspect / Believe will have a High Pressure sales pitch.
    Tasty Pasta is a weakness of mine :(
    This past week we also switched over to a different reservation system at work. It has been strange and stressful getting used to so many new things on the computer, and knowing that even the boss isn't sure about herself in the situation makes me feel insecure and more stressed. The changeover wasn't as smooth as it should've been. The new company didn't prepare everything as they should've and promised, so my boss has been stressed out and in a fog all week too, hopefully next week will go smoother! I must say it feels really good each time I know I've learned something new that's going to stick in my head.

Last Friday was my second weigh-in and I'm happy to say I'm down 8 pounds after two weeks (nothing like the beginning weeks of the diet when you lose weight faster, lol). I deviated from the plan Halloween too so this Friday's weigh-in probably won't be so good, but I know that's temporary. I am back on track today and happy to be.
    I always hated change too so You are not alone :)
    The sales people promise anything to make the sale and then someone else has to try and make good on it, not always successfully.

So True, the first month is always the best loss period.
    Jan, my condolences at the loss of your good friend, I hope you're doing alright. The weather here has finally started cooling down the way it should be. For the most part nights have been in the low 50s to upper 40s and days have been in the low 60s... Much more comfortable than 80s and 90s! We are even supposed to get some rain on the weekend ! I really look forward to that as we can really use the water.

Val, I'm glad you're feeling better but I hope your incision is okay. Your work sounds extremely stressful I hope that gets better for you. Do you have one teenage daughter? How old is she ? I thought it sounded like you handled that situation with her really well too. I don't have any children but seems like you said the right things.

Roger, the temperatures are definitely dropping in your part of the world! When do you start to see snow there? I see a lot of deer here but I'm not sure I've ever seen any jump over anything super high now that I think about it . Do you have Cardinals in New Jersey ? We don't have them here in California, at least not in my part, they're so pretty. I used to do a lot of birdwatching in the past , though I haven't in quite a while I still am very interested in bird species. It's fun going to different parts of the country and seeing different birds that you don't have in your own particular region. Wow I can't believe how many trick-or-treaters you had ... We had zero, such a huge difference lol! Do you actually answer the door all night long or stop at some point ?

Well I hope you all had a nice Halloween!

It's gotten late here! Fortunately I'm off tomorrow :)

Maria
    Snow, Usually not until December or January, are temperatures in NJ are partially moderated by being on the Atlantic Ocean and that needs to cool off first.

I see the occasional BlueBird, Cardinals, Yellow Finches, Crows, Doves, Sparrows, Ducks, Geese, Vultures an more...
    If I had not seen them I would not think that Vultures would be comfortable here in the Suburbs.

We ended up handing out 50 cent coins from 4:30 when they started appearing until around 7:30 when the little kids were done and turned out the light, However I will say I only saw a couple of stray teens go by after that.

We did have a nice Halloween, The kids Costumes were great.

Enjoy Your Day off, I always did
    Roger
  • maria3761
    maria3761 Posts: 77 Member
    I too love pasta Roger :( , and can consume more than I should. Your "Real life comes first" idea makes sense, thank you, I'll remember that.

I see many of those birds here too, except the Cardinal, and yellow finches only in certain specific areas. I see various sparrows, crows, mourning doves, house finches, mockingbirds in some areas, brown towhee (like a large sparrow) and two different blue Jay species frequently. We have vultures in town too...it does seem strange as I always thought of them in wild or rural areas. I was surprised to see one the other day just off the side of a well driven road eating roadkill. That's probably the closest I've seen one. It really illustrated to me first hand the value of their job on earth lol.

50 cent coins, that's generous of you and your brother! Did the kids like them? If it were me as a kid I would have gone home and put it in my piggy bank!

I definitely enjoy my days off, even though I do chores and errands as well as try to relax a little. I get to spend some quality time with my dogs during the day, that's always fun:) I'm off tomorrow too so I'll be sure to check in... In between appointments (real life)

Maria
  • hope4change_val
    Hi all. Maria-congratulations on your weight loss. I gave birth to two daughters; one is an adult in Indiana, and my 14yo is home with me. Over the past 4 years, I’ve taken in five homless young adults, two of which still live with me. One previous one just asked if he can come home again, so I’ll have one more in about a week. It’s not a typical situation but we’ve become family and it’s a good thing. During my unexpected hospitalization, I didn’t have to scramble to find someone to care for my daughter or dogs...and their routine didn’t change much in my absence. I’m also honorary “mom” to two of my older daughter’s friends who each lost their moms while in high school...one is married with two boys, and the other is getting married this month. Saturday I’m meeting potential adopters for my former foster dog (the Rescue director picked him up from my house while i was in hospital because he needs more supervision than my kids could provide) My incision is finally looking good. Work is just too much...one guy left last week and now a lady gave notice and she’s leaving next week. Roger- i think the Papa Johns issue has nothing to do with the protests but is based on their company’s social issues. But, that’s just my opinion. Hi Jan! Thanks. Em is doing well. I’ve increased my lessons on independence and that is going well. It’s also helpful that my honorary kids here talk with her about potential pitfalls to independence and completely support me in the things I’m teaching her. Good night...I’m tuckered out!
  • RogerToo
    An even more humor has been posted, And I am back from a trip to the bank and Grocery Store, Hence the late for me posting

Hi
    I did some more walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was 54 on the porch and 58 on the cable channel. I wore a light long sleeve shirt and thin gloves.

Just wrong not being able to ask and that morons take advantage of the law
    http://www.kansascity.com/news/business/health-care/article182076846.html
    Is that service dog a fake? Under federal law, you can’t even ask
    By Mark Davis, November 01, 2017 12:11 PM

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/01/well/live/heart-surgery-may-be-safer-in-afternoon-than-in-morning.html
    Heart Surgery May Be Safer in Afternoon Than in Morning
    By NICHOLAS BAKALARNOV. 1, 2017

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-investigations/2017/10/31/mafia-soldier-turned-phoenix-businessman-frank-capri-gioia/748957001/
    Mafia soldier turned Phoenix businessman

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/11/01/police-boy-tied-minivan-roof-hold-down-plastic-pool/
    Police: Boy Tied To Minivan’s Roof To Hold Down Plastic Pool
    November 1, 2017 10:30 AM
    Filed Under: Amber Schmunk, Wisconsin

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    maria3761 wrote: »
    I too love pasta Roger :( , and can consume more than I should. Your "Real life comes first" idea makes sense, thank you, I'll remember that.

I see many of those birds here too, except the Cardinal, and yellow finches only in certain specific areas. I see various sparrows, crows, mourning doves, house finches, mockingbirds in some areas, brown towhee (like a large sparrow) and two different blue Jay species frequently. We have vultures in town too...it does seem strange as I always thought of them in wild or rural areas. I was surprised to see one the other day just off the side of a well driven road eating roadkill. That's probably the closest I've seen one. It really illustrated to me first hand the value of their job on earth lol.

50 cent coins, that's generous of you and your brother! Did the kids like them? If it were me as a kid I would have gone home and put it in my piggy bank!

I definitely enjoy my days off, even though I do chores and errands as well as try to relax a little. I get to spend some quality time with my dogs during the day, that's always fun:) I'm off tomorrow too so I'll be sure to check in... In between appointments (real life)

Maria

Hi Maria
    I would say that the Younger they were the more excited they were with the coins :) The exceptions would be the couple of older teen that were shepherding them around.

The Problem with Pasta is that it likes my Waistline :(

I have seen Vultures on the road eating Roadkill and flying off when a Car came along and then returning. It still seem strange to me to see them sitting on a Fence Post across the street or perched along a roof line.

If I said that the 50 cent pieces do not seem extravagant to us ?
    We bought a ton a couple of years ago at the bank when they had them so We are good for a couple more years at least. The Gold colored $1 coins would be extravagant OTOH :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Jan
    This popped into my head for some reason so I'm posting the link here :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZm7Elwt6QA
  • RogerToo
    Hi all. Maria-congratulations on your weight loss. I gave birth to two daughters; one is an adult in Indiana, and my 14yo is home with me. Over the past 4 years, I’ve taken in five homless young adults, two of which still live with me. One previous one just asked if he can come home again, so I’ll have one more in about a week. It’s not a typical situation but we’ve become family and it’s a good thing. During my unexpected hospitalization, I didn’t have to scramble to find someone to care for my daughter or dogs...and their routine didn’t change much in my absence. I’m also honorary “mom” to two of my older daughter’s friends who each lost their moms while in high school...one is married with two boys, and the other is getting married this month. Saturday I’m meeting potential adopters for my former foster dog (the Rescue director picked him up from my house while i was in hospital because he needs more supervision than my kids could provide) My incision is finally looking good. Work is just too much...one guy left last week and now a lady gave notice and she’s leaving next week. Roger- i think the Papa Johns issue has nothing to do with the protests but is based on their company’s social issues. But, that’s just my opinion. Hi Jan! Thanks. Em is doing well. I’ve increased my lessons on independence and that is going well. It’s also helpful that my honorary kids here talk with her about potential pitfalls to independence and completely support me in the things I’m teaching her. Good night...I’m tuckered out!

Hi Val
    You are lucky to have Family that can step in for You. Beyond my brother everyone else has escaped fro NJ :(

I did not realize that Papa Johns had social issues, Can You elucidate ?

It does not sound as if work will be getting easier, Is it Only the work load or the Atmosphere or Pay or a combination?

Good News that Your Incision is doing better, I know that has made You happy.

Learning to be independent is a important life skill IMO.

I saw this, Congratulations
    hope4change_val yesterday
    has logged in for 215 days in a row!
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    In a sheer coincidence I ran across this :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXMAIaiZTvc
  • hope4change_val
    brvne4ninnch.jpeg