Trying to Concieve

Options

Replies

• Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh, Lizz!!! I'm so frigging happy for you congratulations!! Sorry your husband went and told a coworker, but I'm sure he was just so excited!

Im out this month, we only tried once this feeling, and has some performance anxiety. Hubby did come at the end of my work trip and jump me before we went out to a romantic dinner though, so that was nice...but unless I oed 4 days late it won't help!
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @Kirstie155 haha well at least you got some sexy time and a romantic dinner! Sorry you're out this cycle, though :(
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @Alioth Congratulations!! =)
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @Kirstie155 Thank you!! Yeah, I've forgiven the big mush. Haha, welp, a romantic dinner sounds very nice. At least you're having fun.
    @WifiresGettingFit Thank you!

Ok, so back to the funny TTC story from earlier this month:
    The day before O, the hubs and I were trying to get all romantic middle of the day as I figured it was our best shot for this cycle. We also had a Halloween party to go to in a couple hours, so we were on a tight schedule, trying to cook food for it and get into costume and makeup. But right before we really got started, much to our horror, we hear this tapping on the front door. We tried to ignore it, hoping whoever it was would go away. But the tapping became a persistent banging. So finally, my husband jumps up naked and runs to the front door, opens and peeks around. It's MY DAD. :s Josh yells that out. I run and hide in the bathroom. Josh cracks open the door all sheepish to say hello to Dad. Dad is like "Is this not a good time?" and Josh says no, they did not come at a good time. My mother in the car gets embarrassed and yells for Dad to get out of there, apologizes, and they drive off. I was so embarrassed afterwards. We kinda flubbed the BD that day. I was super anxious that we'd missed our chance. But, thankfully, the next day we had more success and no parents showing up in the middle of things. The End.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @Alioth You're welcome! =) Also, really enjoyed the story. haha
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    omg Aloith, that is too funny! After you announce, you can tell them they interrupted you guys while you were making their grandchild and it almost didnt happen, hahaha! :D

That could happen to me as my parents are the next neighborhood over...but they have the code to open the door! They use it to help us out when we need someone to let the dog out or something like that and have never just let themselves in :D
  • Alioth
    Options
    I know, right! If they want a grandchild so bad, they gotta give us privacy! Lol. @Kirstie155 OMG. My parents must NEVER have a key to my house. They would have totes just let themselves in, if they did. The thing is, before they swung by on a whim, they texted to see if we were home, and we didn't answer. But they came anyway! We had to see them the next day at church. I'm pretty sure they knew what we were up to the day before.
  • pezhed
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @Alioth that is so funny. Thanks for coming back and sharing!

I finally decided that I just haven't ovulated yet this cycle here at CD30. Ugh. I think it could be because I was sick earlier in the cycle but I'm super annoyed. I guess I will pee on things. I can't decide if I should use my new CB Advanced Digital OPK yet or just use my Wondfos and save the expensive thing for a "normal" cycle. I thought I was enjoying getting to know my body/cycle better but honestly all of this is just making me hate my body. I guess on the positive side we may still have a chance this cycle?
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    Haha I'm wondering why on earth he would keep knocking!!!! Like. Give it up. Hahah
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    @pezhed sorry that you havent ovulated yet :/ that must be so so frustrating. You are temping, right? I have zero hope for this cycle...but next cycle I would find out right before or on our 3 year wedding anniversary! Hoping thats the one, otherwise Im looking at January and thinking February is so close after that...and that marks a year of trying :( I have to check my phone to see what cycle Im on now, 10? 11? I don't really remember anymore, believe it or not!
  • pezhed
    Options
    @Kirstie155 thanks for the sympathy. This whole TTC thing is a roller coaster. I’m temping and I had stopped OPKs this cycle but am starting again due to irregularity. 3 year wedding anniversary sounds like a good time to find out! I can believe not being able to keep track. I’m on 5 and it feels like many more. Thank god for reddit flair to help me keep(ish) my head.

I’d been feeling pretty randy the past couple days and started taking OPKs. Stark white yesterday and pretty close to positive this morning! Expecting surge later today probably! Maybe I will ovulate at long last. We got one attempt in last night so we should be able to get one (maybe 2 if we’re extra ambitious, but we aren’t great at daily BD) more in before O. Happy Friday indeed!
  • Alioth
    Options
    Haha, right.
    Wow, @pezhed That's got to be driving you nuts, not knowing! Cycle 5 killed me. But I'm happy you're hitting your surge now and feeling good. I hope your weekend is super fun!
    @Kirstie155 It would be so awesome to hear you got good news for your anniversary. Fingers crossed for you!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    @pezhed you're on Reddit? Are you in tfab or still trying? I was active in those subs awhile ago but no so much anymore
  • pezhed
    Options
    @Kirstie155 I'm on TFAB. I'm mountain_mamma on there. I'm active off and on but read a lot of it.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Period is due today, cycle 10. Blarg- what a Monday.

Luckily I'm off early tomorrow and off for the rest of the week- yay! I'm already over being at work today and I've only been here an hour and a half!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    According to FF, i have no clear ovulation detected and I had a meltdown about it yesterday. "Regular til youre not." Ahhhhhhhh!!!! Next cycle Im buying more opks....temping data has never steered me wrong before though :/
  • pezhed
    Options
    @Kirstie155 when is the last time you used OPKs? I don’t think I could make it without them.

CD 56 here. No ovulation or end in sight. Feeling really sad about it today. Thinking of calling a new clinic I may want to try in January. I’m due for a well woman exam in January anyway so it may be an opportune time to switch.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Got my opks in the mail yesterday. So so very negative! Looking like AF is on the way though with the cramps and pink cm I have today. On to cycle 11 :(
  • pezhed
    Options
    So do you think you had an anovulatory cycle? Have you had one before?
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Yes I think it was anovulatory and it's the first that I can say for sure. All other charted cycles seem normal.
This discussion has been closed.