Options
    Jan 24
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes 21 min aerobics DVD
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options

Have you tried Leslie Sansone Walking DVDs? She's got a couple of miles on her YouTube channel. Its a really easy way to get in some exercise at home?

Thank you for the suggestion. I have tried working out to You Tube videos before, when it was required for another challenge, but it isn't really my thing. Plus, I don't really have a good place in my house to do it unless I move my laptop to the living room. What I need to do is get my butt to the gym, which is open 24 hours BTW, and use my paid in full gym membership!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Consequently, I snacked and snacked after supper until I could snack no more! So, today I am trying again...but still no exercise in the cards! I need to formulate a plan for exercise, and I need to do it soon

We all have those days. And then we try again. Today is a new day full of opportunities that move us closer to our goals. And you're already planning how to get back on track with your exercise. You got this!

Thank you for you kind words! Yesterday was a complete fail. So I am going to try again today. Fake it 'til you make it.....that's the saying, right?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Week 4
    Tuesday, Jan 23
    Tracking: Yes
    Calories: No
    Exercise: Yes
    Working harder to get 3 yeses today. :)

You got your exercise in....yay! Were you at least close on your calories?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    thedestar wrote: »
    Jan 23
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- no
    I had to do some fasting blood work and I wasn't allowed to exercise between draws. And if I don't exercise in the morning I can never find time during the day!

With four children, that makes sense that it's morning or nothing! At least you were under!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Wed 24 Jan
    Tracking y
    Calories Y
    Exercise Y
    Today I really have to focus on my mindset... also mindful to notice that I invented excuses over the weekend to slack off my discipline...these excuses to ignore my red flags and triggers of old negative habits really put me back heavily- pun intended.
    I have not yet recovered back to where I was on last weigh-in...
    Do you guys also have this issue of self sabotage??
    One week I do well with progress, next week I do well till weekend -then ruin 2 weeks progress over one weekend....
    Week 3 start all over again...

Yes! You are not alone, I find especially since the holiday break, I keep tripping up on the weekends when all of the temptation is right near me. I eat something I know I shouldn't and then it just goes down hill fast.

Yes, unfortunately I, too, am part of this secret, underworld society of self sabotage. I eat until I feel uncomfortable and I am not even enjoying what I am eating! If I had to examine why, I would say it's because I feel overwhelmed. Overwhelmed at the work required to lose weight, overwhelmed at the prospect of making all the new files at work for 2018, overwhelmed at having to put my spare bedroom back together after it was painted while we were in Vegas, overcome by how hungry I feel when I reach my calorie goal because I have been stretching my stomach daily since December 22nd, and the list could go on. So first thing in the morning I will eat something that is high in calories and essentially blow any attempt at hitting my calorie goal, then it's a free for all until late in the day.

I tell myself that I don't want to live this way; I don't want to feel this way, and eventually it will stick. I just need to push through. Today so far I have only had my coffee while sitting at my computer catching up with you all, so I am still on track to hit goal!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    Week #3 weigh in 205.2

Yay! You got a new scale!! So how about you teach it a lesson next week?!! Show it who's boss!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    bizgirl26 wrote: »
    @HASWLRS you are such a great cheerleader for the team. Thank you for your encouragement

It's my pleasure! Now, go enjoy yourself in Mexico!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    enyagoboom wrote: »
    Weekly Weigh in
    Username: enyagoboom
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous weight: 193.7
    Current weight: 192.7

Going for bloodwork today and my annual exam next week. Overall not a bad January even if I didn't hit my goals I was making progress towards them.

Nice loss this week! Like you said before, you may not have hit all your January goals, but you have lost weight and you are working towards them, so you will just pick your battles!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hi. I am sorry I've been MIA lately. I have had so much going on. My mom who had been in the hospital, LTAC or rehab for 13 months was finally discharged to my home on January 9th. It has been incredibly difficult trying to get into a routine to help her. She's pretty much totally dependent at this point. My house has been a revolving door with nurses, PT, OT, Wound Care deliveries, etc. coming through the door. It has been exhausting and stressful. I've been unable to even pay attention to my weightloss and I'm sure I'm going to put on quite a bit of weight because of this. The only good thing is that my mom does seem to be getting stronger every day. The goal now is to see if she's strong enough to actually be able to get into a car next Wednesday for a Dr. appt. If not, we will have to rent one of those transporter vans that can get a wheelchair into it. It is very difficult to see how weak and dependent my mom has become, as she was 100% independent and living on her own prior to any of this. We are working very hard to get her back some of her independence and keep her healthy.

I want to thank everybody for continuing to try to stick to their goals and especially thank @HASWLRS for keeping this team together. I don't know how much I'll be able to participate and I really apologize for that. I just wanted to check in, and I had a minute here before I got going for the day, to try and fill you in on where I have been.

Keep up the good work everyone. This is a great team and a great challenge.

Terri, thank you for updating us. We know you are completely focused on your mom's health care right now, as you should be. Speaking personally, I can't even imagine what you are going through. It is great to hear that she seems to be getting stronger everyday!

Yes, this is a great team, and I am happy to do my part. As a team, we finished a strong second last week while I, too, was MIA in Las Vegas, so they are completely motivated, with or without us!!! Don't apologize for your absence and don't worry about it, either. You focus on your mom, and we'll hold down the fort.

Check in when you can. Hugs <3

Lisa
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Do you guys also have this issue of self sabotage??
    One week I do well with progress, next week I do well till weekend -then ruin 2 weeks progress over one weekend....
    Week 3 start all over again...

Yes! I have self-sabotaged! This is at least my 5th attempt at trying to change my unhealthy habits. But I've never stuck to my choice to live healthier this long. This time around has been different. I have been wondering over the past few weeks what has changed this time? I've never made it to week 7 before or had a double-digit weight loss. There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this, but I can tell you what is different for me this time around.

1. I'm motivated to do this FOR MYSELF. Not because my partner thinks I should or society thinks I should or because my family or friends think I should. I'm doing it because I am tired of being out of breath when climbing a single flight of stairs. I'm tired that putting on my shoes feels like a chore. I'm tired of not being able to look at myself naked in the mirror. I'm just so damn tired of it. And I remind myself of this when I want to eat another cookie or when I don't want to get out of bed and go for my walk or do another rep.

2. Don't deprive yourself of the foods that you love, but be smart about your portions. Potatoes and cheese and rice are part of my regular diet. And I still manage to maintain my weight loss week-over-week. However, there are some foods that I can't have regularly. Like any type of delivered foods. I don't order a whole pizza because I'll eat all of it. But I will go pick up a slice of pizza if I really must have it. And I do mean GET UP and go get it. No delivery. If I really really want that food, I need to get my Big Butt up and go and get it. (My sister taught me that trick!)

3. Keep healthy snacks on hand. Get rid of the junk food sitting around the house. It's just too tempting. I know this is a cliche, but it has really helped me stay on track. When I want to bored-eat (which I tend to want to do late at night), I don't graze in the kitchen because celery and carrots just don't hold my interest as raptly as potato chips.

4. You will fall, but you have to get back up. There are days when I obliterate anything that even looks like a calorie goal. And I remind myself that tomorrow is a new day. I don't have to give up entirely just because I messed up today. I don't beat myself up about it. I am human and I am flawed and that's ok. I remind myself that I can always push the proverbial reset button and TRY AGAIN TOMORROW.

5. One day at a time. And if that's too much, then take it one meal at a time. One work out at a time. One bite at a time. I try to set small and measurable goals. My Big Picture goal is to lose 100lbs. But it can be awhile before I make it there. So I make short-term goals that change based on what I am struggling to follow through on that day. Sometimes, my goal is to simply put on my gym clothes. Then when they're on, the next goal is just to step outside. Well, if I've made it this far, walk to the end of the cul-de-sac. And I just talk myself through my struggle that way. It doesn't always work. I don't always make it as far as actually walking, but it's better than doing nothing.

The fact that you recognize you are making excuses is a huge step in overcoming this struggle that you have. You can't fix a problem if you can't identify it. And you've already come this far! Remind yourself of what motivated you to drop your first 30lbs. (Which is an amazing loss by the way! I hope to reach that number!)

You got this!

I don't normally "quote" such a long post, but it was so well written, so well thought out that in case someone missed it the first time through, they can read it here (or read it again, it's that good)!! Kay, thank you for taking the time to share your personal revelations with us. Everything you said makes so much sense, and it is a collection of little lifestyle changes that we can all adopt, for the long haul. Nothing extreme. We've heard it all before, but it holds so much more truth when the person saying it is actually living it! Thank you, again! <3
  • enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    lawyerette wrote: »
    This week’s battle has been not getting demoralized by seeing 5-10lb weekly losses posted every week by others and only seeing 2lb weekly losses on my own scale. Got into trouble for a few days stress eating over it, but rallied to still post a loss this week. Have to remember that the “race” is long and, in the end, the competition is only with myself. Feeling centered now.

I used to get jealous of posts where people were like woo! more than 2lbs! at a time and then I realized how just... ultimately not worth the energy it was. Like you said, it's a competition with yourself. <3
  • lawyerette
    lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Thanks @enyagoboom

I’m not so much jealous as demoralized from even trying because I can’t keep up with that. Even if I didn’t eat anything for a whole week. But I’m ahead of my own goals by over a pound, so what’s there to be sad about? Gotta keep my eye on my ball, not others’.
  • my3boys424
    my3boys424 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am sorry I've been MIA lately. I have had so much going on. My mom who had been in the hospital, LTAC or rehab for 13 months was finally discharged to my home on January 9th. It has been incredibly difficult trying to get into a routine to help her. She's pretty much totally dependent at this point. My house has been a revolving door with nurses, PT, OT, Wound Care deliveries, etc. coming through the door. It has been exhausting and stressful. I've been unable to even pay attention to my weightloss and I'm sure I'm going to put on quite a bit of weight because of this. The only good thing is that my mom does seem to be getting stronger every day. The goal now is to see if she's strong enough to actually be able to get into a car next Wednesday for a Dr. appt. If not, we will have to rent one of those transporter vans that can get a wheelchair into it. It is very difficult to see how weak and dependent my mom has become, as she was 100% independent and living on her own prior to any of this. We are working very hard to get her back some of her independence and keep her healthy.

I want to thank everybody for continuing to try to stick to their goals and especially thank @HASWLRS for keeping this team together. I don't know how much I'll be able to participate and I really apologize for that. I just wanted to check in, and I had a minute here before I got going for the day, to try and fill you in on where I have been.

Keep up the good work everyone. This is a great team and a great challenge.

@wewillbeskinny (((hugs))) I know exactly how difficult it can be to have a parent who is ill and totally dependent on you. My mother passed away in September and prior to that lived with me for over a year while she was sick. The last few months she was almost immobile. Please take care of you while you are taking care of your mom. I would encourage you to join a caregiver support group. I wish that I had. It is emotionally and physically exhausting. I wasn’t always my best self when taking care of my mom, but I’m honored that I was able to. Please reach out if you ever want to talk. I’m glad to read your mom is improving!!
  • primekayprime
    primekayprime Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Thank you for you kind words! Yesterday was a complete fail. So I am going to try again today. Fake it 'til you make it.....that's the saying, right?

Hey, sometimes the cheerleader needs a bit of cheer too!

• primekayprime
    primekayprime Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    lawyerette wrote: »
    UHave to remember that the “race” is long and, in the end, the competition is only with myself. Feeling centered now.

I love this!

I am impressed by our teammates that can lose 4-5lbs a week! For myself, I'll take any loss over a gain!
This discussion has been closed.