Bob Lamb - OMAD 9/6/2015

Options

Replies

• jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the maintenance and good blood work numbers.

I'm with Brenda. Don't worry too much about it. You've got the discipline to get back on schedule so go for it!
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it was a needed break from your typical food routine! :) Judging by how well you've done with your schedule for so long, I have no doubts that you'll be right back on track ASAP.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Thanks all, I should have thought of and took some coconut oil on Saturday. That would have gotten me through. Anyways, successful yesterday and today 20:4.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    That is good, your journey is very inspiring, I like how you have it all planned out!
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    You're doing great, Bob! Congrats on the successful day. :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Great job - love that your tri number is so good now...
  • blambo61
    Options
    You should all be proud of me or calling me a fool, but i skipped a frozen custard tonight because I'm trying to have a LC day to help with my weigh-in tomorrow. I took a taste of my wife's and it WAS a sacrifice!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Thanks all for the nice words!
  • blambo61
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Week's Report: 6' 1/2", 56

Date / Weight
    09/06/15 - 252
    12/31/15 - 220
    12/31/16 - 210
    12/31/17 - 200
    01/26/18 - 199
    02/02/18 - 198
    02/09/18 - 196
    02/16/18 - 196
    02/23/18 - 194

Exercise
    Fri - Run 4.0-miles (1mile warmup, 2 miles fartlek with 200m hard / 400m easy alternating, 1-mile cooldown)
    Sat - Bike ride 7.0-mile, weights (pushups and lat pulldowns)
    Sun - Rest
    Mon - Run 4.5-miles (fartlek like on Friday)
    Tues - Weights (pushups and lat pulldowns)
    Wed - Run 4.5 miles (1-mile warm up, long uphill for 1-mile, down 1/4-mile, up 1/4 mile, down 1-mile, level 1-mile)
    Thurs - Rest

I eat about 3/4 tsp of coconut oil before I run to fuel me after the fast. Works for me. Hope it isn't bad for me. I do weights after dinner.

Number of OMAD days (20:4 or so for me)
    6 (had one big splurge day on Saturday)

Notes
    Lost 2-lbs! Did a LC dinner last night and that helped. I don't feel like I've eaten if I don't get some carbs in though. 194 is a new low for me! Also I'm sure I'm gaining a little muscle also since I'm getting stronger and can see a difference so that is even better!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Your progress is inspiring!!
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    You should all be proud of me or calling me a fool, but i skipped a frozen custard tonight because I'm trying to have a LC day to help with my weigh-in tomorrow. I took a taste of my wife's and it WAS a sacrifice!
    You're stronger than me! Great job on resisting the temptation. :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    That low carb day really helped, nice work. :)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Awesome job Bob, I am sure that new low looks good on you.
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Way to go Bob!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Thanks all

I may do a splurge day on Saturdays. Probably will slow me down a little but that is ok. Camped out last night with the scouts. It was cold and in the low singe digits. Got home and rested an hour or so then took off and went skiing with my 12-yr old daughter. I had a hard time driving home I was so tired. I did have my splurge day today starting with the scouts and eating about 10 donut holes and some milk for breakfast. That was fun!
  • bandwidthbandit
    bandwidthbandit Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Bob you are an inspiration to me! I am going to eat some donut holes (jelly filled) on my next splurge day, I think. Maybe tomorrow...
  • blambo61
    Options
    Bob you are an inspiration to me! I am going to eat some donut holes (jelly filled) on my next splurge day, I think. Maybe tomorrow...

Hope I'm not inspiring in the wrong way! You will do fine. I think overall, a splurge day can be beneficial. Just can't do them too often. Once a week max!
  • istartanew82
    istartanew82 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good job on the 2 pounds! Thanks for all your words of encouragement along the way! God speed!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Good job on the 2 pounds! Thanks for all your words of encouragement along the way! God speed!

Thank you!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Thanks all

I may do a splurge day on Saturdays. Probably will slow me down a little but that is ok. Camped out last night with the scouts. It was cold and in the low singe digits. Got home and rested an hour or so then took off and went skiing with my 12-yr old daughter. I had a hard time driving home I was so tired. I did have my splurge day today starting with the scouts and eating about 10 donut holes and some milk for breakfast. That was fun!

Sounds like fun minus the cold :o Yummy donut holes, my mom makes home made donuts and donut holes and I love to dunk them in real maple syrup...I had carrot cake with cream cheese frosting for one of my desserts this weekend :smile: