Kat's OMAD journey

Replies

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    I'm definitely in a phase of not posting so often - I got out of the habit of coming on here over xmas and just can't seem to remember. I'm also super busy at work and just life in general (it's summer, so makes sense) so that doesn't help...
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Hiya everyone...just checking in. I've been doing ok...eating 90% the same food as my son (legumes, veggies and protein) for my dinners. House is still void of any snacks, which is super helpful! I'm only down 1.7 from my last weigh in on here. Getting a lil 'bored' with the more bland menu...hard for me to eat other forbidden foods at the dinner table though...you know...just feel a lil guilty lol. I'll post a few meals I've had last few days. Son is having a cheat day tomorrow and I may join him :# we'll seeeeeee....He's down 7.5 pounds in two weeks. He has Britt's shake for breakfast and I pack night before dinner left overs for his lunch and then we have dinner. So he's eating a good quantity of the 'right' foods.
    The white stuff with the peas mixed in is cauliflower mash and there's also red lentils on one of the plates.
    Hope everyone is doing fantastic <3
    a6qou3mq8f6b.jpg
    xyv50tlhgjey.jpg
    57cc7hbdwnua.jpg
    91b71t3qur20.jpg
    4l95eipd2c8w.jpg
    1st day +1.2 pounds....61.2 to go
    2nd day -5 pounds...56.2 to go
    3rd day - .4 pounds...55.8 to go
    4th day +.2 pounds...56 to go
    5th day +.4 pounds...56.4 to go
    6th day -.4 pounds...56 to go
    7th day +.7 pounds...56.7 to go>>>> -3.3 for the week (a lot of water weight)
    New start after lag
    Jan 9 -2.1....54.6 to go
    Jan 10 -1.6...53 to go
    Jan 11 +.7....53.7 to go
    Jan 12 -0......53.7 to go
    Jan 13 +.3.....54 to go
    Jan 14 -.5......53.5 to go
    Jan 15 -1........52.5 to go>>>>-2.1 for the week
    Jan 16 -.3.......52.2 to go
    Jan 17 +.5......52.7 to go
    Jan 18 -.7....52 to go
    Jan 19 -.2...51.8 to go
    Jan 26 -1.7...50.1 to go
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    You and your son are both doing great!!! I had to have a Splurge day each week just for my own sanity, I really think it helped me get through the long week knowing it was coming :)
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    Very inspiring Kat! Good job on the loss for both you and your son.

I'm trying to make my meals as flavoursome as possible, which means for the most part, buying takeaways!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Your meals look great, and I am happy that the shake is working well for your son!
    Nice losses for both of you :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Nice looking healthy food! Your making steady progress also! Almost under 50 to go.
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Where did you go? I hope you are doing well!
  • brittdee88
    Ditto!
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    Hey Kat, thinking about you too!
  • katjustkat
    Hi Guys ! Sorry I disappeared. I got busy and didn't check back in. It got hard doing the one meal a day because I was eating what was on my son's diet and it wasn't rewarding enough for me on the one meal only...So I started eating his type of foods breakfast, lunch and dinner. (lean protein, low carb veggies and legumes). I'm down 5.4 more pounds from where I left off here. I have a free eating day ( I don't go crazy...haha) on Saturdays and that makes the 'I can't have it now' foods taste so good during that Saturday window. I'll come back to the one meal a day at some point as I still think it's the best ever eating regimen. I hope everyone is getting super results! I'm gonna go catch up on your progresses...I bet I'm gonna be....wow wow wow! <3<3<3
  • Brendalea69
    Congrats on the loss and if that way of eating is easier for you and it's working then thats all that matters :)
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Hey if it works for you, then work it! ;)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited March 2018
    Congrats on the loss and if that way of eating is easier for you and it's working then thats all that matters :)

yep, use whatever tools that work for you! You really can't argue much with success.
  • brittdee88
    Nice loss, Kat! I was away, too - how are you?
  • katjustkat
    Starting again today. Didn't make much progress all this time...gahhhhh! I'm happiest on OMAD. I'll post daily weigh ins even though I fluctuate a lot. Fifty pound weight loss goal. Simple, straight forward OMAD. No cheat days unless I can't get around an occasional monthly family breakfast. Fingers crossed and...lips buttoned up.
  • tlblanks1
    tlblanks1 Posts: 201 Member
    edited September 2018
    Welcome back Kat! I know you will do great. I have recently done a restart as well, so we are in this thing together.
  • Brendalea69
    I hope it goes better this time for both of you <3
  • katjustkat
    Thank you Tracey and Brenda :) Tracey your profile picture looks really good! And Brenda you're looking good too & you really did find your perfect eating plan! I'm happy to be committing on the board...it'll keep it more real for me. I tried a couple times and I just let it fade out but there's not reason for me to do that. I really like OMAD for lots of reasons especially the cut and dry aspect of it...no thinking required...what's better than that. I'm eating my meal at 5pm. I got pretty hungry around 3:30 but luckily I got through it by talking with my sister on the phone. I'll start taking meal pictures again on Monday. Helps me to figure out what to have for dinner. I cook healthy meals anyways so my meals should be pretty decent with a lil yum on that plate as a reward. Saturdays will be a pizza or pasta type meal out...stuff I no longer have in the house. ILast week I started the C25K app and I'm liking it so far...it's jazzing up my normal walk. Yay! Nice to 'see' you all again and thank you for the 'welcome back' :O)
  • katjustkat
    Had a good day. Did my c25k and got 18,400 steps total today. Got hungry again around 3pm and managed to get through till my 5pm feeeeeed time. I knew we would eat something indulgent since it's our one day/ one meal splurge. Went to Kane's and had their chicken strips and fries. Had a great loss overnight but def will put some back on this week since it's water. Hope everyone had a successful day! :)
    Need to lose 50 pounds (start on Sept 21):
    Sept 22: -1.8
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Hi there☺ Sounds like you are doing great. Have a wonderful weekend