Kat's OMAD journey

Replies

• katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    edited September 2018
    Thank you Jadepearl :) I enjoyed reading your journey.
    So far...so good. Got less hungry at 3 today which was nice. Had Chinese food tonight :# but...just one paper plate of it. Did my run walk again today and every week the run time increases and it's getting easier everyday although I am supposed to do it just 3 times a week. I love being outside so it's a pleasure not a drudgery for me. I have 18,800 steps on my watch right now. I walk with hubby every night too...just 30 minutes around the hood. Gives us time to connect.
    Gained 5 ounces over night...I expected it and probably gain again tomorrow with the Chinese. It's all good, I'm happy to be on Omad again and it always works for me when I do it correctly. My goal is 1pound weight loss a week ....so I hope to be patient.
    Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend & hope the new week is great for you.
    Need to lose 50 pounds (start on Sept 21):
    Sept 22: -1.8 pounds...48.2 to go
    Sept 23: +.05 pounds...48.7 to go
  • katjustkat
    Great day today. No hunger to speak of before my 5pm dinner time :) Did my run walk again and my walk in the evening too, clocking in @ 18,900 steps. Made a greek salad and bean soup with lots of chicken in it for dinner. Made enough for 2 more meals and put it in the freezer. Thought I would have a gain with the Chinese food last night and went down 1.5 to my surprise. I hope everyone had a fantastic day <3
    t3wbg90qmr2n.jpg

Sept 24: -1.5 pounds...47.2 to go
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Great results and a yummy looking OMAD meal!
  • tlblanks1
    tlblanks1 Posts: 201 Member
    fantastic!!
  • katjustkat
    Thank you ladies :) I'm sooooo happy to be back on OMAD! Got a lil hungry around 1pm but I'm following my one rule....NO calories before or after dinner. Hunger passed pretty easily. Did my run walk again this morning and am getting ready to head out with hubby for our lil after dinner walk. Challenges today? Not really any except for the lil bit of hunger. Made chili and salad for dinner. I used to put tons of cheese and sour cream on it but have gotten used to not putting it on there anymore. Cheese on pizza? Oh Yeah! <3 but trying to keep it off of most foods. I'm down .6 today...I think it's the running that's helping. A lot of salt in the chili tonight so we'll seeeeeee.
    sob9t4adobqz.jpeg
    I hope everyone had an enjoyable day <3
    Sept 25: -.6 pounds....46.6 to go
  • dkayingram
    You are doing great!
  • katjustkat
    dkayingram wrote: »
    You are doing great!
    Thank you! I'm feeling pretty strong :)
  • katjustkat
    Off and on hunger today as I was under a lot of stress. No calories till I ate my dinner at 4:30. Wednesday is our easy dinner night, I got a turkey subway and a bag of chips :p I took a break from my run/ walk today and only walked. I'll head out again with hubby in a few. Probably just get 12k steps total. I was surprised to be down a bit today...just .4
    Hope everyone had a successful, pleasant day :)
    Sept 26: -.4 pounds....46.2 to go
  • tlblanks1
    small losses everyday add up to big losses in the long run. You are doing very well!
  • dkayingram
    Totally agree.....very awesome!
  • katjustkat
    Yes! I agree...I think I figured out one time that if I lost like .2 everyday for a year I would be 73 pounds lighter....So def it adds up. Helps when you think first before have that extra bite or two when you're not even hungry.
    I did my run/walk again today and I also use the curb to do some step up and downs on a segment of my walk. I also walk up backwards on the hills. I walk a big circle around and elementary school so there's no surprises...I'm heading out with hubby for our walk after dinner in a few minutes. I should have 18000 steps when I get back.
    I had cauliflower with peas, salmon and a salad for dinner. Was yummy and filling. Surprised again this am with a .6 loss....hmmmmmm
    Hope everybody's day went super well today :)vm5lg3k87fx2.jpeg
    Sept 27: -.6 pounds....45.6 to go
  • katjustkat
    Oh...forgot to hit post earlier....
    So today was good because I went to 'mercy' babysit for a friends two lil girls. I didn't get back home till 4. I went out early this morning so that I could get my run/walk in. It really makes me feel accomplished. I saw an instagram pic of a super athlete and I thought..."wow he's super muscular"...well he captioned 'Hard Work'. So it made me think geeze it even takes this guy hard work to maintain what he's got. So I thought geeze I should give my effort 'hard work' too. So that thought runs through my mind when I'm out there plugging along.
    Had dinner at Panera's because I didn't have time to put a meal together. It was yummy of course >:) I was down .7 over night. The losses will stop soon I'm sure...but I plan on it taking at least a year to take off the 50 pounds. Hope everyone had a great Friday!
    lxtytlw541rc.jpeg

Sept 28: -.7 pounds....44.9 to go
  • katjustkat
    Had a god day. Did only my run/walk today and got 15k steps total. My run segment is up to 20 minutes intervals now. Had 3/4 of an individual pizza at pizzeria locale, a couple bites of salad and a small piece of nutella pizza. I forgot to take a picture because I was excited to eat :p Oh just found an old pic of the same pizza... Went down .6 again overnight. Pizza gotta catch up with me tomorrow??!!
    Hope everyone is truckin' along and doing well :)
    2vuj7x24zk3j.jpeg

Sept29: -.6 pounds....44.3 to go
  • tlblanks1
    Almost 4 pounds down in 7 days, you are doing a fantastic job. Keep up the good work!!
  • katjustkat
    edited October 2018
    Thanxxxx Tracy....I'm feeling pretty strong. We're gonna get it done and finished this time :)
    I had a good day. Did my run walk again this AM and another walk just a bit ago and have 19,100 steps on my watch. Weather was cool and a lil misty. Gobbled up some sushi & smoked salmon for dinner. Also had 2 pieces of toast with dinner...not sure why...I ate before I remembered to take a picture.
    Hubby is going to Moab tomorrow for a week to ride his bike, so dinners should be simple.
    I was up .1 overnight.

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend :)
    Sept 29: -.6 pounds....44.3 to go
    Sept 30: +.1 pounds...44.4 to go
  • dkayingram
    I totally agree you have done awesome! Meals look delicis. too! Have a great week!!
  • katjustkat
    Well....just when I was feeling strong I gave into some smoked salmon at 3pm two hours before my usual dinner...Tomorrow I will be fine because I will be babysitting again and I'll be busy.
    Took the day off from my run walk and basically just got 10k steps for the day at the mall for dinner. Had a gyro & 1/4 of the fries from Renzio's at the eatery. Was up .1 again overnight.
    Hope everyone was stronger than me! Have a good night :)
    rvzx3tf9lfzi.jpeg
    Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend :)
    Oct 1: +.1 pounds...44.5 to go
  • katjustkat
    Good OMAD day today as babysitting till 4 worked out super good. Got home around dinner time so we just went to panera. Had the same thing as last week. Down .4 overnight. Tomorrow I start my running again....we'll see if it makes a difference.
    Hope everyone is feeling gooooood :)
    5bbf6vk9104e.jpeg
    Oct 1: +.1 pounds...44.5 to go
    Oct2: -.4 pounds...44.1 to go
  • dkayingram
    Yummy and such comfort food...….awesome results!
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    @katjustkat I haven’t been around in a week or two, so just wanted to say hello and welcome back!