Sunny's OMAD Excursion

Options

Replies

• sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, OMAD friends! It's a beautiful, sunny Sunday here in Wisconsin! The snow is pretty much all gone, and birds are officially singing outside of my window. :) I'm so glad spring is at last here!

ik9k3uw0uby2.png
    Yesterday's meal was leftovers. I decided to try tracking my calories for a little while, just to rule out unknowingly overeating as the culprit of my very slow progress. I had to do a wee bit of guesstimating with some things, but I'd venture that 1200~1250 was around the ballpark of my total intake. I will continue monitoring calories for a brief while, just to see if that extra bit of mindfulness does make a difference. I also have ensured that all components of my meal are pictured above.
    Month 1 (2/12-3/11): 124.6
    Week 5 (3/12-3/18): 124.4

Total lost: 0.6 lbs
    Start weight: 125
    Goal weight: 105(ish) lbs
    I weighed in yesterday, and I wasn't very happy with the results. I am down... but it was a measly 0.2 pounds. It's annoying at best and utterly disheartening at worst to see such an abysmal level of change over five weeks of following OMAD. I'm trying not to be too upset about it; all I can do is continue moving forward, making small adjustments along that way that should help me reach my goals.

My plan for the next three weeks will see the following adjustments:
    1. Feast days are absolutely being culled to 2x/month. I can flex these as needed if there are special, important events going on, but I ultimately need to remove them from my plan as just a crutch day to eat. If I need to use one, it's there. But if I'm trudging along fine... why throw off 6 days of great OMAD eating just for the sake of doing so?
    2. I'm going to try to take pictures of every single meal. I've been slacking and taking photos sporadically, but I think this will hold me more accountable if I have to show you what's on my plate.
    3. I will be tracking the caloric content of my meals. I'll try to always include the snapshot in the corner of the meal's image.
    4. I want to walk for at least 10 minutes each day. It's warm outside now, so there is no excuse. If I can bump this to 15-20 minutes of exercise, even better!

Let's see if these changes make a difference for me as I wade through Weeks 6, 7, and 8. Thanks for all your continued support and encouragement, everyone! I'd really like to see 122 before I'm out of Month 2, so let's hope these adjustments will get me there.
  • ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your goals!
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    @ArizonaToast - Thank you so much! :)
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Good luck Sunny! You can do it!!!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Your plan looks really good (as did your meal yesterday)!
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    Thanks, ladies! I really appreciate it. :)
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I feel like I need to come eat at your house!
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    Happy Monday, friends! I hope you all had a restful night last night, so that you could hit today with full force! :)

y6prg0rk5s73.png
    Last night's meal consisted of vegetarian burritos, and they were oh so yummy. Everything came to around 1200kcal, which I think will be about the range I hover at for the next few weeks. It's so hard to know as a petite lady if I should be staying closer to 1000kcal... I guess we'll see how the 1200 serves me over time.

I hope everyone has a great day!
  • Fonar7
    Fonar7 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Those look amazing!
  • sunnycobayo
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @Fonar7 - Thanks so much! I love food quite a lot, so I have to invest time into my meals or else I end up feeling dissatisfied. :D
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, OMAD friends! It's a beautiful, sunny Sunday here in Wisconsin! The snow is pretty much all gone, and birds are officially singing outside of my window. :) I'm so glad spring is at last here!

ik9k3uw0uby2.png
    Yesterday's meal was leftovers. I decided to try tracking my calories for a little while, just to rule out unknowingly overeating as the culprit of my very slow progress. I had to do a wee bit of guesstimating with some things, but I'd venture that 1200~1250 was around the ballpark of my total intake. I will continue monitoring calories for a brief while, just to see if that extra bit of mindfulness does make a difference. I also have ensured that all components of my meal are pictured above.
    Month 1 (2/12-3/11): 124.6
    Week 5 (3/12-3/18): 124.4

Total lost: 0.6 lbs
    Start weight: 125
    Goal weight: 105(ish) lbs
    I weighed in yesterday, and I wasn't very happy with the results. I am down... but it was a measly 0.2 pounds. It's annoying at best and utterly disheartening at worst to see such an abysmal level of change over five weeks of following OMAD. I'm trying not to be too upset about it; all I can do is continue moving forward, making small adjustments along that way that should help me reach my goals.

My plan for the next three weeks will see the following adjustments:
    1. Feast days are absolutely being culled to 2x/month. I can flex these as needed if there are special, important events going on, but I ultimately need to remove them from my plan as just a crutch day to eat. If I need to use one, it's there. But if I'm trudging along fine... why throw off 6 days of great OMAD eating just for the sake of doing so?
    2. I'm going to try to take pictures of every single meal. I've been slacking and taking photos sporadically, but I think this will hold me more accountable if I have to show you what's on my plate.
    3. I will be tracking the caloric content of my meals. I'll try to always include the snapshot in the corner of the meal's image.
    4. I want to walk for at least 10 minutes each day. It's warm outside now, so there is no excuse. If I can bump this to 15-20 minutes of exercise, even better!

Let's see if these changes make a difference for me as I wade through Weeks 6, 7, and 8. Thanks for all your continued support and encouragement, everyone! I'd really like to see 122 before I'm out of Month 2, so let's hope these adjustments will get me there.

Sounds like a good plan. That latest meal had a fair amount of carbs and you are probably just storing a bit of glycogen from that and water. Short term, you can't even tell if you have gained or lost .2-lbs but long term, if you don't see some movement, then you do have to make some adjustments. Keep your plan, that just may do it!
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    @blambo61 - Thanks for the encouragement! I'm hoping these plan adjustments will help make a difference. :)
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    by741n16nwid.png
    No picture of the actual meal from last night, but I snapped a synopsis of the components. Husband made homemade pizza, of which I had two slices. I made homemade sweet potato fries and sauteed green beans as our sides. Throw in some blueberries and a FiberOne brownie for dessert, plus one Woodchuck cider as my beverage choice. Everything was around 1200kcal, so that was good.

Tonight will likely be leftover pizza. Not sure what sides we'll do yet. I'm thinking of doing a mid-week weigh-in just to see where I'm at with these changes.
  • sammygold2015
    Options
    I love me some sweet potato fries! No one in my house likes them, so I don't get them very often!
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    @sammygold2015 - I looooooove sweet potatoes. I can seriously eat them boiled and mashed with a dash of cheese on top, lol. I truly am a carb queen.
  • sammygold2015
    Options
    have you seen my diary? I am all about those carbs! lol.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    You have a really nice variety of food! I never seem to eat anything healthy with pizza.
  • ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Colorful and delicious!
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    @brittdee88 - Haha, thanks, chica! I feel like it's hit or miss for me in terms of variety with my meals. I used to struggle with filling myself up on the entree, but I'm trying to add random sides to keep things a bit healthier and better balanced. :)

(But to be honest... I really just wanted to eat three or four pieces of pizza, lol. But, two slices + health sides was the healthier choice, sadly. :D)
  • jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Your meals look so good! And I'm a carb queen, too. They're just so good, so I totally understand!