Sammy's OMAD Path

Replies

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    That is awesome, Sammy! That gain was pretty much nothing, and you got to eat a yummy meal!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Jim_fbr wrote: »
    Well Microscope March seems to have worked out well, what's on tap for April?

Analyzing April, the plan is written out a couple pages back, if your interested. It's basically a twist between omad, 4:3, and ci/co.
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Well Microscope March seems to have worked out well, what's on tap for April?

Analyzing April, the plan is written out a couple pages back, if your interested. It's basically a twist between omad, 4:3, and ci/co.

Okay thanks, I'm struggling these days to keep up with all the threads. Analyzing April. I like it.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I have been doing research into other forms of fasting, and I think for April I want to give something new a try. Keep in mind that all of this will still include OMAD. (As I would never deviate from that) We are quickly coming up to my 1 year OMAD anniversary (July). As Microscope March has been a wonder for me, I want to take a further look on the Calorie intake side of things. You know Experiment!

So Starting April first I will be incorporating a 4:3 approach within my OMAD.
    Now this is only going to be based on Calorific intake the first month, so I am going to push the bar.

So I have done a basic "How many calories should I eat in a day to lose weight fast?" question in the google search. For my current height, weight, and age I should be only eating 1,076 calories a day to lose two pounds a day. Interesting.

Now that I have that number I can times it by days in the week (7 duh), giving me 7,532 calories intake for the whole week. Interesting.

So having 3 days a week fasting, which will 500 calories or less at my OMAD, will remove 1,500 calories from my weekly total. Giving be 6,032 calories for the remaining 4 days of the week. So roughly 1,508 calories per OMAD.

Fasting days will be: Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday
    Eating days will be: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday.

What I really want to see out of this experiment is whether my body reacts to the Calorie in/Calorie out Method. Or, If my fluctuations are purely food based.

Should be interesting. I plan on incorporate the Idea of Microscope March in as well on the daily updating, but we will see.

You MUST lose as much as a calorie deficit. That will never change. The energy you expended has to come from somewhere. You can possible lose more than that though do to other factors. You can ONLY gain as much as a calorie surplus. That will never change.
    You might gain less though due to not using it all. Good luck!
  • sammygold2015

Okay thanks, I'm struggling these days to keep up with all the threads. Analyzing April. I like it.

Understandable! I am curious how it will effect me, so I am super excited about it!
  • sammygold2015
    blambo61 wrote: »
    You MUST lose as much as a calorie deficit. That will never change. The energy you expended has to come from somewhere. You can possible lose more than that though do to other factors. You can ONLY gain as much as a calorie surplus. That will never change.
    You might gain less though due to not using it all. Good luck!

I am definitely looking forward to seeing the data from a personal stand point.
  • sammygold2015
    Microscope March
    March 25th

Daily Weight - 173.2

Intake: 1,086

4 pieces of calzone

Well I didn't get away from the pizza all together this weekend. My kids said "but we didn't get our pizza night!" They are cute but they drive me nutty sometime!
  • brittdee88
    That is so cute! We never had a regular pizza night in our house, but I can guarantee that I would have said the same thing if we did and I noticed we hadn't had our weekly pizza!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    You are continuing to do great! looking forward to seeing how your plan works out in April!
  • sammygold2015
    edited March 2018
    Microscope March
    March 26th

Daily Weight - 174.0

Intake: >1,500

I had a big plate of taco salad with all the fixin's. Even though I made it myself, I know there is a lot of sodium in the taco seasoning. But it was so delicious, and crunched up tostitos, jalapenos, and onion made all the difference. I basically pigged out last night, but I was nice and full, and I enjoyed it.
  • brittdee88
    Mmmmmm I was thinking of having nachos today, but now a taco salad sounds REALLY good!
  • sammygold2015
    It was absolute heaven!
  • dkayingram
    YUM!!!!
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    I love taco salad! So tasty! <3
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I would have been the same way as your kids about missing pizza night :p
  • sammygold2015

Microscope March
    March 27th

Daily Weight - 173.1

Previous Nights Meal

Chili and Cornbread Casserole -560
    Snack Pack Pringles (chedder) - 110
    Small Chocolate Frozen Yogurt Cone - 220

Intake: 890 Calories

So I went into the gastro doctor yesterday, and my colonoscopy is scheduled for Friday. So pertaining to my directions I can have a lite breakfast on Thursday, and then I must be clear liquids until the surgery. I feel like I am so used to fasting that this will be a breeze!

(I know that I am too young to get colonoscopies, but I have had half of my colon removed because of a Carcinoid tumor at 21. So I have to stay on top of it.)
  • brittdee88
    Good luck with your colonoscopy! I am thinking of having one soon as well just because of how irregular I have been for pretty much my whole life, and colon cancer runs in my family.
  • dkayingram
    Sammy I guess you are right the good thing will be you being used to fasting!!! Good luck with that, hope it goes well for you.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Praying for good results o:)
  • aleroache20
    aleroache20 Posts: 106 Member
    Praying for you as well!