• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to go watch this Jim! :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    You talked with a lot of poise! I think you did very well. I actually think your pretty descent at speaking.
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Monthly Weight (ave of last 7 days of the month)
    August....184.2
    Sept........178.8
    Oct.........176.7
    Nov........176
    Dec........173.2
    Jan.........172.4
    Feb........171.6
    Mar........173.6

Odd that after mid month hitting my absolute lowest weight of my adult life, that I ended up rebounding a bit towards the end of the month to post a little gain. On the 11th and 12th I weighed in at 169 and change. Not sure why there was so much up and down this month but not too worried about it either.

It has been exactly 6 months for me in maintenance and on a carnivore diet.
    It's also six months exactly since I ran my first 5K race, so yesterday I ran another 5K as a way to evaluate my progress over the winter.
    On October 1st I ran it in 29m 36 sec.
    Yesterday I ran it in 26m 52 sec
    An improvement of 2 min 44 seconds and I am simply over the moon about that. It's practically 1 minute faster on my mile pace.

If you want to hear more details I put up a vlog regarding the race yesterday and which also looks at other details about my last six months.

https://youtu.be/YDYAimpbdow
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    AMAZING, Jim!!!! Shaving off that much time is awesome!
    Maybe the gain is from inflammation from training?
  • Jim_fbr
    Options
    Thanks Britt.
    I don't think it's due to training inflammation because I really haven't been doing anything out of the ordinary in terms of training.

However I should add something to the story. Today I weighed in at 170.4, so that whole gain I spoke about has been wiped out in the last six days.

And I realized that there is one thing I changed six days ago, and that is I once again have started having some ACV at my meal. I did that for a long time while I was in weight loss mode, but had eliminated it about 3 months ago. And if I look at my weight chart 3 months ago was when my weight really kind of flatlined, not going up or down.
    I'm definitely going to do some further testing to confirm whether or not it could be something so simple. All the while I was taking ACV I wasn't entirely sure of it's benefit, it's was just part of my routine. But this past week has made me very curious, perhaps I had underestimated it's impact?
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    How interesting! I have been drinking ACV for years, and I definitely noticed a difference almost immediately in terms of bathroom habits. I wonder if it helps with fluid retention?
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Jim you're doing so awesome in maintenance :)
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Great video!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Way to go on the 5k Jim. That is a great improvement. What is your running schedule? What type of workouts are you doing? I'm running one this Thursday so wish me luck!
  • Jim_fbr
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Way to go on the 5k Jim. That is a great improvement. What is your running schedule? What type of workouts are you doing? I'm running one this Thursday so wish me luck!
    Thanks Bob.
    The funny thing is before I had the idea to run this 5K I had no racing schedule in mind. I was just waiting for warmer weather to decide what I might want to do.
    But after last Saturday now I've got the bug. I'm thinking about what's next. It was a lot of fun so I'll probably start looking for other events, maybe once per month. We'll see. I think I'll stick to shorter distances in the beginning to work on my speed.

I've been doing treadmill workouts, usually 4-5 miles, some with intervals some with steady pace increase throughout. Been a handful of days warm enough to run outside too, same distance.
    I've been trying to do a little longer run once per week (8-10 miles) but on the treadmill I find it terribly monotonous to do so.

Good luck on your race. I thought you were sidelined from the gout, did that clear up?

• blambo61
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Jim_fbr wrote: »
    Thanks Bob.
    The funny thing is before I had the idea to run this 5K I had no racing schedule in mind. I was just waiting for warmer weather to decide what I might want to do.
    But after last Saturday now I've got the bug. I'm thinking about what's next. It was a lot of fun so I'll probably start looking for other events, maybe once per month. We'll see. I think I'll stick to shorter distances in the beginning to work on my speed.

I've been doing treadmill workouts, usually 4-5 miles, some with intervals some with steady pace increase throughout. Been a handful of days warm enough to run outside too, same distance.
    I've been trying to do a little longer run once per week (8-10 miles) but on the treadmill I find it terribly monotonous to do so.

Good luck on your race. I thought you were sidelined from the gout, did that clear up?

I run 3xweek and in the last two weeks I went on runs of 1,2,3,4, and 4.5-miles. Before that I missed about 1 1/2 weeks where I only got in about 3-miles total. So I'm about where I was when I left off (5.5-miles). I would like to work up to at least 6 and maybe even 8. I'm adding about 1/2 a week now. Thanks. How many days/week are you running? About how many miles/week?
  • Jim_fbr
    Options
    I'm running min 4 days per week, sometimes 5.
    I'm not tracking mileage but I'd estimate it at around 20 miles per week.
  • blambo61
    Options

Sounds good. I need more recovery time for my feet or I would go 4 or 5-days a week. Keep up the good work!
  • Jim_fbr
    Options

Sounds good. I need more recovery time for my feet or I would go 4 or 5-days a week. Keep up the good work!
    I decided I'm going to do another 5K on Saturday.
    I've got the bug now.
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Videos <3
  • Jim_fbr
    Options

I decided I'm going to do another 5K on Saturday.
    I've got the bug now.
    Change of plans.
    It's supposed to be 21 degrees tomorrow morning around race time, so I'm going to wait for warmer weather.
    It's April for crying out loud!

• Brendalea69
    Options
    I don't blame you, this weather is crazy, we are getting snow right now :(
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    They are calling for snow tomorrow here in PA
  • Brendalea69
    Options