Jim's Progress Thread

Options

Replies

• Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Was smiling there for couple reasons, it was just after the start so was still feeling good and I was just passing my small cheering section who were screaming support.
    Other photos from the finish didn't turn out so well due to shadows.
  • Jim_fbr
    Options
    My niece found a pair of my old big man pants in my closet and wanted to take a picture.
    Hard to believe that was me.
    mujbwikplklq.jpg
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Jim, you're such an inspiration!!! That is absolutely amazing!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Jim, you're such an inspiration!!! That is absolutely amazing!

I second this :):):)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Wow! You see the stories on the internet and commercials and wonder if they are actually true. I am inspired that I "know" a true to life success story. You are a changed man for sure.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable, Jim!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is awesome... Congratulations on the race, you sure have come a long way!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    WOW! That pic in the pants is something! You could put two of you in those pants (I know you did lose 1/2 of your old self so that makes sense). Congrats on the 1/2 marathon. That is a great accomplishment. You have a great story and should be very proud of your accomplishments!
  • Jim_fbr
    Options
    Thanks Britt, Tracey, Joe, Sarah, Bob!

I find myself telling my story more and more.
    Here, twitter,etc. I've been contacted to be interviewed for a health type YouTube channel. Some doctors asked if they can use my story in a book that is coming out soon.

Just now in Starbucks for lunch I pass by a table and I hear them talking about insulin resistance, keto, etc.
    These are two very hefty guys so I couldn't help but go over and chat. I showed them my before/after and they were floored. They would have talked a lot longer but they were from out of town and had to get going. They asked if they could have my contact info to ask more questions so we swapped emails.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    See, You are an inspiration to sooo many :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Spreading the word! That’s so exciting....
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Again, very awesome!
  • Jim_fbr
    Options
    Month Weight
    August....184.2
    Sept........178.8
    Oct.........176.7
    Nov........176

Maintained well this month with my carnivore diet, OMAD, and no extended fasting.
    In the later part of December I'm going to begin to push for more weight loss.
    In a couple months I'd like to be down 10 pounds and begin permanent maintenance in the 160's.
    At that point I want to focus on putting on some muscle while maintaining weight.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    You’re doing great, Jim! Sorry if you answered this upthread, but how are you calculating your monthly weight? Do you just go by what you weigh on the last day of the month?
  • Jim_fbr
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    You’re doing great, Jim! Sorry if you answered this upthread, but how are you calculating your monthly weight? Do you just go by what you weigh on the last day of the month?

Thx Britt.
    For my official monthly weight what I'm listing is the average weight of the final 7 days of the month.
    So it's current but with the trailing average it makes it a little smoother.
    Honestly though except for one or two days my weight for the month was almost always in a narrow range of 175 to 177.
    Last few days it's been trending down for some reason, for example this morning was 174.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks for the explanation!
    And yay for the downward trend!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Jim_fbr wrote: »
    Month Weight
    August....184.2
    Sept........178.8
    Oct.........176.7
    Nov........176

Maintained well this month with my carnivore diet, OMAD, and no extended fasting.
    In a couple months I'd like to be down 10 pounds and begin permanent maintenance in the 160's.
    At that point I want to focus on putting on some muscle while maintaining weight.

How tall are you? Sounds like a good plan!
  • Jim_fbr
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Jim_fbr wrote: »
    Month Weight
    August....184.2
    Sept........178.8
    Oct.........176.7
    Nov........176

How tall are you? Sounds like a good plan!

6' 1"
  • blambo61
    edited December 2017
    Options
    You will be thin in the 160s at your height but not un-healthy thin. Adding muscle will be good to. I'm your same height. I would like to get down to about 175 or so and reassess then. I would maybe like to gain a little muscle also but not a ton. My ultimate goal would be to be about 7% body fat and weigh around 170-lbs. I think that would be good for both how I would look, strength, and also would still be light enough to run. I think you will end up at about those same stats if you get to 160's and then add a little muscle. Good luck! How old are you?
  • Jim_fbr
    Options
    I'm 58. I want to stay as lean as possible in order to try to help get rid of some remaining belly fat that is sloshing around in my baggy skin in the mid section.
    I too am not looking to bulk up per se, just to strengthen my core and upper body. A lean but well toned 165 to 170 would please me greatly.