MAY 2018 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• Champion4ever
    Champion4ever Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this group! My goal for the month is to get into the 100's on the scale....

May 1st - 209.2
    May 6th
    May 13th
    May 20th
    May 27th
    May 30th

Current weight 209.2
    Goal weight 150
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options

NikkiJRM wrote: »
    Hey everyone!! Who's ready for our FIRST May weigh-in?!

Spreadsheet is updated and ready for Sunday! I'm looking forward to more NSV posts!

Thanks for keeping the spreadsheet operating smoothly for us. Much appreciated :)
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I would like to join! I just started keto and looking for all the info and advice I can!
  • xDaniDragonflyx
    xDaniDragonflyx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    NikkiJRM wrote: »
    Hey everyone!! Who's ready for our FIRST May weigh-in?!

Okay, Not me, not yet. LOL
    I DO however have another NSV. As a result of the changes I've made in my food & lifestyle choices, my kids are making better choices as well. I've always been very conscious of how I feed my kids. They're all healthy kids who love to eat the fruits & veggies and are in great shape. I've never kidded myself though. I know plenty of kids who are healthy, just to reach adolescence or adulthood and they don't know how to live a truly healthy lifestyle so they become unhealthy and pack on the lbs.

My kids are opting for fresh food instead of packaged crap. They're asking for veggies & fish/seafood at meals and they're happily going for walks with me. I couldn't ask for a better NSV. I get to lead them with my actions. What a WIN!!

Spreadsheet is updated and ready for Sunday! I'm looking forward to more NSV posts!

That's a wonderful NSV! I'm so happy for you and your family! :smiley:

And thank you for maintaining our spreadsheet! ^_^
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    NSV for today:

I wore a belt! My jeans have become so baggy that I knew if I wanted to wear my 'fat pants' I'd HAVE to wear a belt. So I did, and it didn't hurt.

AND

I could do it to one more ring smaller than where it was used to sitting at (you know, where it's all dented in because that hole was used so much). ^_^ :blush:

I love it!!! I need a nice belt in my life. Something with a big buckle that draws attention to me and says, "this chick is SASSY!"
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    So, I did really well at Disney this week - avoided a lot of temptations and ate pretty close to my plan (actually better than my plan the day we visited Epcot!) and then fell off the wagon hard yesterday, with a carb-heavy breakfast followed by an airport dinner and plane pretzels.
    Scale was up 4.5 pounds today from last Sunday, but I’m certain that the majority of that gain is water weight, considering my feet and ankles look similar to an elephant’s/feel like they’re full of playdough today - so, so puffy! Back on plan today and drinking tons of water trying to undo that water retention.
  • Freischuetz
    Freischuetz Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    i gained a little bit of bodyfat since last month, close to 13%. but i went down to 2200 kcal/day and goal is still 180 pounds at 10% BF until end of june

May 1st: 173.1
    May 6th: 174.4
    May 13th:
    May 20th:
    May 27th:
    May 30th:
  • katrados
    katrados Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Here is my weigh in. I do think I lost a lot of water. I feel less swollen.

Starting weight 145.5
    Goal weight 136.6

May 1st - 143.3
    May 6th 140.7
    May 13th
    May 20th
    May 27th
    May 30th
  • eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    There are so many NSV since starting Keto 2 months ago. I think the most significant is the mental/emotional effect eliminating carbs has had on my life, I'm happier and more even. My husband seems more responsive to me and I believe eating a HFLC diet has smoothed over some rough edges in my disposition previously created by the spikes and falls of sugar and bread. I feel a sense of accomplishment, joy, and steadiness without the manic, gung-ho, and ultimately unsustainable rush I previously experienced when doing juice cleanses or trying to eat a raw food diet all in the hopes of losing weight. I grew up in the era of Anti-Fat. Eggs were the enemy and fat free foods such as bagels, pretzels, bran muffins, and rice were the smart food choices. Margarine was the answer to butter, salt was to be avoided, and artificial chemical sweeteners came in all colors that may or may not cause cancer. There was a little deprogramming I had to go through in the beginning of this Keto adventure, but not much. I knew bread, pasta, and rice were causing problems. My friends initially asked, "How long are you doing this for?" After 2 weeks of Keto my response was an easy, "Forever."

@NikkiJRM The best NSV I can think of!!!

Highest - 195'ish
    2/28 - 183.5

Tues. May 1st - 166.8
    Sunday May 6th - 167.2
    Sunday May 13th
    Sunday May 20th
    Sunday May 27th
    Wed. May 30th
  • pendennis
    pendennis Posts: 117 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I have had a couple of NSV's this week. The first, strangely enough, happened in the shower. I was rinsing and suddenly was wondering what happened because 1/2 my butt had disappeared. It was a startling revelation regarding my body shape changing.

January 1: 266
    April 29: 225

Sunday 5/6: 225.5 (+.5)
    Sunday 5/13:
    Sunday 5/20:
    Sunday 5/27:
    Thursday 5/31:

Goal weight: 215

I moved the wrong direction this week due to some choices which I knew would have a negative result. Today is a new day.
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    SW - 209.8 (SW for keto 206.8)

May 1 - 193
    May 6 - 196.4
    May 13
    May 20
    May 27
    May 31

I expected that higher number today, as my feet and ankles and even my hands still look/feel puffy from vacation. Got back to logging what I’m eating yesterday and hope to be rid of those pounds of water weight quickly.