TEAM: Flab-U-Less (May)

Options

Replies

• WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I'm also a teacher. I teach HS History and coach baseball and softball. 8 days left in school for us!

Nice to meet another teacher! 8 days, I miss being on the east coast. I have 21 days left.
  • WA_Teacher
    Options

I also teach fifth grade ELA. But next year I will teach fourth grade ELA.

4th is a fun grade level to teach too and the standards are very similar.

• lositall
    lositall Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Name: lositall
    Weigh in date Wednesday
    Starting weight 244ibs
    May 2 : away
    May 9: 244
    May 16:242
  • jamesfamily4
    jamesfamily4 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Username: jamesfamily4
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Starting weight : 146.2
    Week 1 : 144.2
    Week 2 :??
    Week 3 :141.2
    Week 4:
  • lacatgirl
    lacatgirl Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hey All, dinner out in NYC last night presented its challenges! Luckily the portion size was small. My new thing is to welcome those who want to taste what I ordered! My son is always good for that. It's funny, I used to feel very protective of my food when my kids were young. Now that I am counting every bite it seems like a great way to minimize the meals calories!

It is raining here in the Northeast...till monday! I am sick of the rain and want to get out and garden. Very chilly too.
    On a good note people have been noticing my weight loss! Im up to 21 lbs and it is starting to show. 33 more to go.

Has anyone tried the online consignment store Threadup? It has been great on this weight loss journey. I have been buying clothes in different sizes so that as I lose weight I have clothes to wear! I also just bagged up a ton of XL clothes to send to them for a credit. I

Still trying on the dress for my nieces wedding that started this journey. I fell in love with a dress (the cheapest one!) in the sundance catalogue. I dont think I have worn a dress in 10 years...it just does not work with 50 extra lbs! And I have always loved wearing dresses..very sad. So, I ordered the dress in a medium and started mfp. I just decided that I am tired of wearing clothes that I dont like just because they are more slimming!

It seemed like a good time to once and for all get rid of this fat! Im 56 and would like to spend the next 30(if lucky) comfortable in my own skin! Speaking of skin I am now in possession of too much of it! Anyone have any solution for getting rid of the flabby arms and deflated souffle stomach after losing weight? Aside from surgery?
  • mlhopp93
    mlhopp93 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Username: mhopp93
    Weigh in day: Thurs
    Starting Weight 4/26: 309.8

Week 1 5/3: 309.0 (down just a bit -- still struggling with consistent eating choices. Too easy to make bad choices)

Week 2 5/10: 309.0 (holding even -- working with my doctor to implement a low carb diet. Lots of resources on he web. Heard recommendation of dietdoctor.com but if anyone has more sites that would be most appreciated.)

Week 3 5/17: 307.0 (down a couple of pounds. Getting more steps in and focusing on mindful eating.)

Week 4 5/24:

Week 5 5/31:
  • wyhorzegal
    wyhorzegal Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    @WA_Teacher You were close on your water! keep it up:) are you drinking it cold or room temp? Sounds strange to ask that, but I was having troubles and someone told me to drink it room temp, and i thought gross! but its so much easier now to get all my water in!
    One of best friends is my husbands co partner for 4th grade so she hides all her bad food from him so he cant cheat! haha:)
  • Frens0614
    Frens0614 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    @wyhorzegal I know that cookie recipe for weight loss would be perfect! I did horribly with snacking when I was home last week but so far so good since I’ve been back! I agree with a few other suggestions- maybe try eating a high protein snack before you go out to ride? That might help keep some of the hunger at bay later. When I’m cooking, I also try to chew gum or sip on seltzer to help me keep from eating the whole meal before it’s done. Just a thought?
  • Ecowles675
    Ecowles675 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Username: ecowles675
    Weigh in day: Wed
    Starting Weight 4/25: 190
    Week 1 5/2: 189
    Week 2 5/9: 188
    Week 3 5/16: 188
    Week 4 5/23:
    Week 5 5/30:

Happy to hold steady this week. Definitely let some bad habits sneak in- not tracking everything, snacking more, junk foods- hoping I can get back on track and refocused this week. My goal is in sight, cant't give up now!!!
  • koirakoira
    koirakoira Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Username: koirakoira
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Starting weight (Apr 29): 138.0
    Week 1 (May 06): 138.0
    Week 2 (May 13): 139.0
    Week 3 (May 20):
    Week 4 (May 27):

It has not been easy, last few weeks. I do weigh myself regularly,but have not had time to check in. I think posting my weight is still a way to keep me on track, at least.
  • lacatgirl
    lacatgirl Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Weighed in today -23 lbs down! 31 to go! Looking forward to my halfway mark (27lbs - 162lbs)
    Starting Weight: 189
    Goal Weight: 135
    May
    Wk1 (5/4): 170.3
    Wk2 (5/11): 168
    Wk3 (5/18): 166.4
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Username: leni1us
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    Previous Week's Weight: 170.5
    Today's Weight: 170
  • Lesscookies12
    Lesscookies12 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I've been super busy haven't been posting, but I'm hoping to give some big number for my weigh in Saturday. We shall see :)
  • lar25473
    lar25473 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I entered a 5k! It's the end of next month so I have some time to work on my endurance. It is a run/walk so my plan is to try and run as long as I possibly can, and then walk if I absolutely have to. I can't run a full mile as of right now, but I have access to a treadmill and a running trail so I can build up :) I think right now I can only manage 1/2 or 3/4 of a mile without walking, but I know I can do better. So excited about this.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,190 Member
    Options
    JulieAL1969
    Weigh in day Friday

Previous 162.4
    Current 163
  • WA_Teacher
    Options
    I've had two late nights at work so I didn't post last night.

May 17
    Exercised: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
    Water: 67 out of 64 oz

May 18
    Exercised: Yes
    Calories: Yes, barely
    Tracked: Yes
    Water: 64 out of 64 oz
  • WA_Teacher
    Options
    Everyone, thank you for your support and I hope you all had a great Friday!

@wyhorzegal, I have a 40 oz water bottle that I keep in my room. Each morning I start drinking cold water but since I can't always get out of my room that much it becomes room temp. I really don't have a preference unless I'm extremely hot.

My teaching partner and I stash dark chocolate in her room. That way if I want a piece, it can only happen when I'm on a break.
  • WA_Teacher
    Options
    lar25473 wrote: »
    I entered a 5k! It's the end of next month so I have some time to work on my endurance. It is a run/walk so my plan is to try and run as long as I possibly can, and then walk if I absolutely have to. I can't run a full mile as of right now, but I have access to a treadmill and a running trail so I can build up :) I think right now I can only manage 1/2 or 3/4 of a mile without walking, but I know I can do better. So excited about this.

That's wonderful and you'll do well!
  • WA_Teacher
    Options
    mlhopp93 wrote: »

Week 3 5/17: 307.0 (down a couple of pounds. Getting more steps in and focusing on mindful eating.)

Well done!
  • ToadstoolBetty
    ToadstoolBetty Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    ToadstoolBetty
    Saturday
    Week 3
    Previous 164.6
    Current 164.8
This discussion has been closed.