Replies

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    5/15: 139.8 (-5.2)
    Days to Maintenance: 17

Thank you, Donna and Tracey!
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    I have neglected to chime in, so a late congratulations! The PhD grind is difficult, but you wouldn’t have it any other way...

• brittdee88
    Hahaha! You're right, @EstrangedTiger! Thank you :)

5/15: 140.8 (-4.2)
    Days to Maintenance: 16

I did some weight training yesterday, so I am hoping that is the cause of this random gain since I was completely on track with eating yesterday. I am going to hold off on more exercise until June for the purposes of just seeing where I naturally end up without a bunch of self-induced fluctuations.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    I bet it was. But you are still doing awesome!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Im sure it was from the weight training. You're so close, only 14 more days till maintenance!!! :)
  • brittdee88
    Thank so much, ladies!

5/21: 139.8 (-5.2)
    Days to Maintenance: 11

Since I was away from home this past week, I tried out what I think will be my maintenance plan: IE on my active days (I couldn't stay away from exercise even though I tried) and OMAD on less active days. All in all, it is really just IE because I naturally only experience true hunger once a day when I am not active. I tended to eat two meals and sometimes a snack on my active days. Taking a page from @blambo61's book, one of the two meals was fairly low carb and the other meal and snack were pretty much whatever I wanted. During my time away, I was active for 3 days and relost the pound I gained from weight training, which spells maintenance to me.
    Last week's OMADs were moderately low carb (<60g) and included things like a few slices of green plantain or a couple of sea salt chocolate truffles. I tended to have one or the other: a serving of starch/grain with my meal OR a high-quality dessert made with more natural sugar. I just went with whatever I wanted that day, and it worked.
    Now that I know this works, I am going to try to shed some pounds in my last 11 days. The goal for now is LC OMAD (<25g) on less active days and moderately LC OMAD (<60g) OR LC 2MAD on active days. I am hoping this will get me to/below 135 by the end, but I am also okay if I bottom out around 137. I loved how I looked then, and with exercise, I know I will be even happier.
  • Brendalea69
    Go Britt, you're almost to maintenance and I know you will do great :)
  • cecezo
    cecezo Posts: 22 Member
    Is 137 your final goal or you lose for a while and let your body rest by going maintenance for a while then get back to losing??

Sorry am new.
  • dkayingram
    You are doing great Britt. I like your plan!
  • EstrangedTiger
    @brittdee88 You are locked in, take a breath! :)
  • brittdee88
    Thanks, @Brendalea69 @dkayingram @EstrangedTiger!
    @cecezo no apology needed! Welcome! My original goal was 129, but I found that I liked my body so much at 137-138 without exercise that I now feel I don't necessarily need to get there. At this point, I am entering maintenance on June 1 regardless of my weight as long as I don't randomly start gaining over the next 10 days. Ideally, I would like to get to 135 or below because I know I will put on some muscle weight once I begin body recomp because I would really like to stay in the 130s, but it also doesn't matter all that much to me as long as I like how I look, I am making strength gains, and my clothes fit the way I want.

5/22: 138.8 (-6.2)
    Days to Maintenance: 10

Yesterday was a rest/LC OMAD day, and I believe the rest of my week will be less active as well while I finish up a research project I have going on. I will most likely exercise over the long weekend while I have a break.
  • dkayingram
    You are doing great Britt. I agree, it isn't about a number it is about how you feel with yourself.
  • EstrangedTiger
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Thanks, @Brendalea69 @dkayingram @EstrangedTiger!
    @cecezo no apology needed! Welcome! My original goal was 129, but I found that I liked my body so much at 137-138 without exercise that I now feel I don't necessarily need to get there. At this point, I am entering maintenance on June 1 regardless of my weight as long as I don't randomly start gaining over the next 10 days. Ideally, I would like to get to 135 or below because I know I will put on some muscle weight once I begin body recomp because I would really like to stay in the 130s, but it also doesn't matter all that much to me as long as I like how I look, I am making strength gains, and my clothes fit the way I want.

5/22: 138.8 (-6.2)
    Days to Maintenance: 10

Yesterday was a rest/LC OMAD day, and I believe the rest of my week will be less active as well while I finish up a research project I have going on. I will most likely exercise over the long weekend while I have a break.

This video (from Nurse Cindy) makes me feel better, when I am overly concerned about weight (also, a laugh at the end):

https://youtube.com/watch?v=xF3rmi4DJAw

• brittdee88
    Thanks, @dkayingram! And thank you so much for sharing, @EstrangedTiger! That was a great presentation! It definitely isn't about the number anymore for me, but I think it is helpful to have an upper limit of sorts to keep me on track!

5/23: 138.0 (-7.0)
    Days to Maintenance: 9

I exercised yesterday, so I had two LC meals. I can already tell that today will not be active, so it will be another LC OMAD day!
  • tlblanks1
    tlblanks1 Posts: 201 Member
    You are doing fantastic! KUTGW -- Love the new pic BTW.
  • DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    excellent! congrats on making your goals! enjoy the new you! :)
  • Brendalea69
    7 more days :):):) You're doing great!!!
  • brittdee88
    edited May 2018
    Thanks so much, everyone!
    I haven't been weighing because I am away from home AGAIN (another student lives really close to campus and we work together often, so I have been spending a lot of nights there over the past couple of weeks). There's a scale available, but I don't know if it matches mine.
    In any case, I think I am pretty firmly in the 130s after that maintenance trial, so I think staying below 140 will be maintenance for me. I am reconsidering ending my journey on the 31st, though, because I am slightly concerned that I will be in LA for half of the summer working and may not have access to a scale, plus the 3-hour time difference will mess up my weigh time. I am considering staying in weight loss mode until I leave on June 17 to possibly get down as much as possible and hopefully return still in the 130s. Any thoughts?
  • tlblanks1
    tlblanks1 Posts: 201 Member
    Britt, I think that is a good idea. You want to give yourself every advantage possible to ensure maintenance success. I would take the extra time in weight loss mode now to get as low as possible so that I won't have to re-enter it later.
  • brittdee88
    Thanks, @tlblanks1! I think you're right. It does makes sense to just keep going, especially because the summer program is super active, and I will likely need more than OMAD to sustain. I wonder if I can actually get to 129 by then -- that gives me almost another month!