Options

Replies

• katevt78
    katevt78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Wednesday weigh in:
    LW: 232 6
    CW: 232.6
    No loss this week. Which bummed me out. I started strength training this week and all my muscles are sore, which I imagine might be masking a small loss. I was under on calories for the week and had mostly great days. Worked out 7 days a week. Going to continue the same way for another week and If i still dont see a loss next week I'm going to evaluate everything and make some changes. See if that helps. Today is my birthday so I have my calories set to maintenance but I'm still going to work out so if I do end up eating all the calories I'll still have a net loss on calories. Going to enjoy the day and try not to think about not losing this week. On another note today is also day 60 of my tracking streak. I started before that but I've been actively using mfp again for 60 days so I think that's a small victory.

Happy birthday!! It sounds like you are doing everything right. I bet next week shows the weight loss
  • katevt78
    Options
    Mini challenge 7/24
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yoga and 30 min on elliptical
    Water 100 oz
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Wednesday weigh in:
    No loss this week. Which bummed me out. I started strength training this week and all my muscles are sore, which I imagine might be masking a small loss. I was under on calories for the week and had mostly great days. Worked out 7 days a week. Going to continue the same way for another week and If i still dont see a loss next week I'm going to evaluate everything and make some changes. See if that helps. Today is my birthday so I have my calories set to maintenance but I'm still going to work out so if I do end up eating all the calories I'll still have a net loss on calories. Going to enjoy the day and try not to think about not losing this week. On another note today is also day 60 of my tracking streak. I started before that but I've been actively using mfp again for 60 days so I think that's a small victory.

Happy Birthday, hope you have a great one!
    I understand the feeling when you want to see a loss, but not gaining is a win! As you keep strength training that muscle will start burning fat more. Keep going, you are doing great
  • CCzMini
    CCzMini Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Wednesday weigh in:
    Happy Birthday!!! 🎉🎂🎁
  • miroller
    miroller Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in Wednesday
    Previous weight: 180
    Current weight: 183

Uggh. I’ve been slacking on tracking and my workouts and it shows. I have some work to do.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Wednesday weigh in:

Happy Birthday, Vi!! Since you just started weight training this week, your muscles are more than likely holding onto water as they repair themselves. Don't fret about the scales not showing a loss, as you are doing everything right!! It sounds like you have a plan to enjoy your birthday, and still post an "under" day!! Whoo hoo!! Congratulations on your 60 day streak...that shows your dedication to the process!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    miroller wrote: »
    Weigh-in Wednesday
    Previous weight: 180
    Current weight: 183

Uggh. I’ve been slacking on tracking and my workouts and it shows. I have some work to do.

You and me both, sister!! At least we know what needs to be done!!! It's not a mystery!!!
  • miroller
    Options
    I just set a lofty goal for myself. 20 lbs by Christmas.
  • erikNJ
    Options
    Mini challenge
    Wed 7/25
    Excercise: yes, 20 minutes of cardio at the gym, 40 minutes of weights

Sun: yes
    Mon: yes
    Tues: yes
    Wed: yes
  • erikNJ
    Options

May seem lofty but it is doable. Something to work hard towards.
    This actually made me think pretty far ahead. I feel like I am in a good mindset with getting my health in order this year, so I would like to assume I will keep sticking with it like I have for 7 months.
    But there is something always dangerous from Thanksgiving to New Years Day. It is like society tells us its acceptable for 5 weeks to stop caring about our health and “just live”. I want to start thinking ahead now how I will approach that month and what kind of goals I will have.
  • miroller
    Options
    July 25
    Under cals: yes
    Exercise: yes, a walk to the park, cartwheels and frisbee
  • CCzMini
    CCzMini Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    7/25
    Tracking- yes
    Exercise- yes
    Calories- no, a little more than 200 over
  • violasmith85
    violasmith85 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    7/25 mini challenge
    Calories: tracked and over
    Exercise: 30 mins exercise bike
    Excited because my hubby and I are going hiking all day tomorrow :smiley:
  • allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Date - 7/25
    Food - Logged and under
    Exercise - 30min walk
  • katevt78
    Options
    Mini challenge 7/25
    Exercise: leg day at the gym and 30 min on elliptical
    Water: 100 oz
  • erikNJ
    Options
    July 26
    Weigh in day - Thursday
    Previous- 248.5
    Current- 248.5

:|
    Don’t get this one. Last week I only went over calories the one planned day. This week I have been perfect on calories and worked out everyday and been really on top of my water
  • HASWLRS
    Options

Okay, it's not that lofty; it's actually quite doable. Five months and twenty pounds until Christmas....that's four pounds a month, averaging a pound a week. If you have some two pound weeks in there, that will help with weeks where losing is more difficult, like Thanksgiving, for example. And because it is on purple stationary, it is official!! Let the countdown begin!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    slokey83 wrote: »
    Goals this week
    Sunday- Tuesday. I've met a'll goals (calories, tracking, exercise and water. I had to dip into my exercise for Monday and Tuesday because I ate too much spinach and artichoke dip. I made it and didn't realize it was going to be such a big portion. I was craving it so I'm glad I made it. I'm using the rest of it tonight on my chicken. Yum!

You were craving it, so you had it, AND you made it fit into your calorie budget! That is the way to do it!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Mini challenge
    Wed 7/25
    Excercise: yes, 20 minutes of cardio at the gym, 40 minutes of weights

Sun: yes
    Mon: yes
    Tues: yes