Bob Lamb - OMAD 9/6/2015

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Went bike riding instead of a run. Got in 11.83-miles. Was a good effort.

Planted a bunch of tomatoes, peppers, zuchini, yellow crook neck squash, egg plant, bush and pole beans, and cucumbers. Just need to get some melons and winter squash planted and will be done. Dang birds have been eating stuff I planted a couple of weeks ago (greens, peas, and beets) so I might need to replant that. Was a long day but was a good one. Hope all is well with everyone.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Bob its so awesome that we know how to get the weight back off :) Great work on all that running!!!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Great work on getting the weight off. And your garden sounds great.
    I got mine in the ground last week. I just did assorted tomatoes, peppers, squash and green hull peas.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Being the "best shape" you've been in since losing weight is awesome! Definitely not all about the number on the scale.. :)
  • blambo61
    edited May 2018
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Being the "best shape" you've been in since losing weight is awesome! Definitely not all about the number on the scale.. :)

Yep, you can be a smoker and be thin but not have any cardio strength to do much. I would rather be heavier but have cardio strength than not. I would rather be thin and have cardio strength though. I'm less than 5-lbs from my low so that is not much weight gain either. I would like to lose another 20-lbs though. I think that would be optimal.
  • blambo61
    dkayingram wrote: »
    Great work on getting the weight off. And your garden sounds great.
    I got mine in the ground last week. I just did assorted tomatoes, peppers, squash and green hull peas.

I really like gardening. Hopefully the birds will leave it alone. Sounds like you got some good stuff planted. Tomatoes and peppers are most important for me so can make salsa!
  • blambo61
    Still around. Still right at about 200lbs. Just running and haven't been doing much fasting so have gained a couple of lbs slowly. Will probably do some fasting on non-running days because I'm running in the mornings to avoid the heat.
  • catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    Its in the bag! You have the tools!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    I am also finding it hard to fast on lifting days, so I am sticking to OMAD on rest days!
    Happy you're back :)
  • blambo61
    I'm trying something new. I'm eating a small lunch and then a small dinner and then run a couple of hours after dinner. I usually have eaten in a 4-hr window even when I was losing weight and doing this will shorten that eating window down a lot. I will try this and see how it goes and if not helping much I will still run after dinner but without the lunch.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    If they are really, really small, I think it could work.
  • Brendalea69
    Please let us know what your small meals consist of and good luck :)
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Ditto to Brenda's comment!
  • tlblanks1
    tlblanks1 Posts: 201 Member
    Bob, how is it going?
  • blambo61
    Howdy all! Sorry have been gone for awhile. Been extrememly busy. I've tried a bunch of stuff (not a lot of OMAD) and have taken a break from running for awhile to let my feet feel better.

I've gained a little and am about 206 right now (sw 252). My lowest was 193 (on OMAD) or about 196 without OMAD. I hit 210 on one big eating saturday so have been getting a little more serious lately and have dropped a couple and am going to start running again. Hope all is well out there! I'm almost at my 3-yr mark (Sept 6th). I need to get down to at least 202 and then I will still be down 50-lbs after 3-yrs!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Hi there! Wow..3 year mark? Amazing!
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Glad you’re back, @blambo61. I was wondering/worried.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Glad you are back!
  • tlblanks1
    tlblanks1 Posts: 201 Member
    Welcome Back Bob
  • Brendalea69
    We missed you Bob, glad you're back :)