Monica's OMAD Journal

Replies

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    edited December 2017
    Thanks for sharing your stuffed peppers recipe!
    Feel free to share that fish cake one next :p
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited December 2017
    500g fish fillet, green onion, 2 eggs , 1 tea spoon of oil , all mashed and mixed and then sometimes I fry , but this time I have put the composition in muffins form smal and bigger and then cooked at four
    If the fish is fatter such as salmon, then I do not use oil, if not, I put this
  • brittdee88
    Thanks for sharing! I will definitely be making that - I love anything in cake or fritter form for some odd reason.

• pessxx
    Mornin'
    123.8 last day of Tom being around and some more salt, I hope after will get better
    Today I will be back from office late, some meetings very late, but it helps to stay focused
    So I will make some home made nuggets back home
    I need to eat less and less saltier because of my high blood pressure for which I take also some meds
    But meds without reducing salt do not work

So I will have to take care, for the moment I have in the fridge some bad foods such as cheddar,smoked chicken and some fish roe which have a lot of salt
    But I will try to replace them with cottage cheese, normal chicken and give those to my mum , as my husband does not eat neither cheese, or meat or fish roe

Have a great day everyone!

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    A nice aged cheddar is the king of cheeses IMO. I just had half a block with an apple, so good!!
  • pessxx
    Hi
    Emotional days for me, these are days I lost my father in 2013 and the memory is still vivid
    But I'll get through this, comfort food is not a solution :(
  • brittdee88
    I'm sorry about your father -- that must be really hard. Take care of yourself, and let us know how/if we can support you.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    pessxx wrote: »
    Hi
    Emotional days for me, these are days I lost my father in 2013 and the memory is still vivid
    But I'll get through this, comfort food is not a solution :(

"Im sorry for your loss, Hugs"
  • pessxx
    Yes, we have talked a lot today and yesterday about him, stories and memories coming back, I guess it feels good to remember

Today here is saint Nicholas, all the kids are receiving sweets as gift, I remembered how dad was preparing each time presents for me
    It's tough with Chistmas time , but I'll get through
    Thanks for your words

Today's meal - swordfish fillet and green beans

3o4erhid8kah.jpg
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Yum! swordfish is great!
  • pessxx
    Today meal cabbage rolls

iynenii834cf.jpg
  • pessxx
    Well 124.7 kg my body refuses to cooperate too much
    Will see
  • pessxx
    Merry Christmas everyone and to your families also!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    minigrrll wrote: »
    A nice aged cheddar is the king of cheeses IMO. I just had half a block with an apple, so good!!

It's def in my top 3! If I had to pick it'd be Havarti (by far my fave) and then extra sharp cheddar and smoked gouda are pretty much tied for second :p

(I've never met a cheese I didn't like, but also toward the top are muenster, bleu cheese in any form, a good buffalo mozz or burrata, and pepperjack)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member

It's def in my top 3! If I had to pick it'd be Havarti (by far my fave) and then extra sharp cheddar and smoked gouda are pretty much tied for second :p

(I've never met a cheese I didn't like, but also toward the top are muenster, bleu cheese in any form, a good buffalo mozz or burrata, and pepperjack)
    Havarti is awesome and so is Gouda... Just not smoked. I hate smoked cheese!! Blue cheese, mmmmmmm.... omg want cheese now!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Sadly I always want cheese :|:|:| LOL
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member

Havarti is awesome and so is Gouda... Just not smoked. I hate smoked cheese!! Blue cheese, mmmmmmm.... omg want cheese now!!!

I love smoked cheese, I will take yours!
  • pessxx
    Mornin' all!
    Back again , Omad, starting with 6 september it will be also OMAD with less carbs together with one of my best friends
    I am 117 kg now , I lost some kilos
    Had a difficult period and still it is with personal family problems , but I am here
    So I guess I am ready to overpass these issues

• tlblanks1
    tlblanks1 Posts: 201 Member
    Welcome Back!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Welcome back! Best of luck!