TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (September)

Options

Replies

• abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS I was worried about you. After seeing no posts from you I was going to shout you out but decided not too. I hope you feel better soon 🤗🤗

I am sure I speak for us all when I say we have missed your posts!! Take all the time you need, I suffer from depression and I know it can to be difficult to feel motivated to do anything. Hang in there! You got this!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    @mickey10111, congratulations on a great start to September with that fabulous loss in week #1, and then continuing it with another loss in week #2!! And out of the 160's!!

@abowersgirl, what can I say about you! You are exercising when you don't want to, eating at a deficit when going out for dinner, adding in jogging, losing inches....oh, and losing a ton of weight!! You are truly an inspiration. And out of the 160's for you, too!!

@kc9agz, you may not be getting any formal exercise, but you have a physical job that is giving you the activity you need for now, as was shown by your great loss the first week!!

@violasmith85, sorry to hear that your new job is affecting your anxiety disorder. I can only hope that once the "newness" wears off, that your anxiety subsides. The good news is that you have managed to maintain your weight through all of this!! And don't fret about ending your streak, just go about starting a new one.... better and longer this time!!

@jkdooley, glad to hear that you have ended the pity party. I have never thought about divorce in that context. Yes, I would also be very sad if I couldn't be a part of the family celebrations on my husband's side, if we were to divorce. So, thank you for enlightening me. I am sure they know how you feel about them. (hugs)

@thedestar, I am so happy that you enjoyed your anniversary trip. New Orleans is on my bucket list some day, too!! So, with your husband transferring to West, Texas, does that mean a move for the family? Yikes!! Moving is stressful at the best of times, but with four small children.... wow, good luck to you!! You seem very organized, so you will be fine!!

@Coheednkimbria, congratulations on your first anniversary with MFP and all that you have accomplished in those 365 days!!

@Robandy12345, congratulations on reaching a weight milestone!! With each new loss posted, a new low will come with it, so that must be exciting to see each week!! Thank you for the link to the song. It has a very soothing sound to it!! I have never seen a song use so many "ow" words in its lyrics!! And yes, we will be longing for it to be September again when the snow and cold of December is upon us!!

@erikNj and @Robandy12345, what's on the football menu this week?

To those of you experiencing plateaus right now... If you are certain that your logging is as accurate as it can be, and that you are not overestimating your burn from exercise and eating back too many of those calories, then just stick with what you are doing. The losses will come, but you have to be patient!!

It wasn't possible to respond to every post. However, I did choose to respond to those few that stuck with me as I read through all of them. I hope you all understand.

Lisa
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Name abowersgirl
    Week 2
    Weigh in day Saturday
    Previous weight 159.6
    Today's weight 157.8

Still struggling with a plateau. I have been up and down all week. But after seeing these numbers side by side I am confident again!! 😁😁

Um, yeah...I'd say the plateau has officially been broken through!! Well done, Stephanie!! And thank you so much for your kind words... I had forgotten that this kind of encouragement and support can be the best medicine!!
  • kc9agz
    kc9agz Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    username: kc9agz
    Week: September week 2
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous week: 133.6
    Today: 135.4

Going the wrong direction. Not sure how much hormones and cycle are playing here, but could be a bit of a contributing factor. I also was head dishwasher at work this week, so more standing than moving during clean up times. I haven't done great on the eating, too many sweets and snacks, but mostly salads for lunch at work. I also need to figure out how to get more water in. Weak bladder and lack of potty break times during work means I don't drink near as much as I should.
    Bit of TMI this post so sorry bout that.
  • DoingItForMySon
    DoingItForMySon Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Last weeks weight: 228.4
    This weeks weight: 228.4
  • Robandy12345
    Robandy12345 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Saturday, Sept 15
    Track yes
    Just under my calorie target
    Exercise: only 12,660 steps

My Fitbit has a rating for overall health. It takes into consideration stuff like resting heart rate, weight, exercise, etc I was sitting at very good for my age. Well, thanks to this group its jumped up to excellent.

Thanks for asking about my football menu. If I don't get anything else from the store it will be a snack of hummus, veggies, whole wheat crackers.

Work: I just finalized my contract with HR Block I will be managing the same two offices this year. I will be getting a decent salary starting in January but starting in October I have training pay at a crummy rate. This job fits my lifestyle but no benefits so the hardest part is the insurance. All will work out.
    Peace
  • mickey10111
    mickey10111 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    For any one with depression or some one falling into a funk, try to remember the small wins again. Even though you may not want to leave your house... walk around inside it for exercise or put on a meditation video for 5 minutes. Another thing that helps me is making of things that I can easily check off/accomplish everyday. For example: Wake up (very easy one to check off each morning), make bed, brush teeth, etc. Once you do this for a few days, start adding some other things to the list, like 10 minutes of exercise. This is all just food for thought.

September 15th Mini Challenge

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Walked 35 min outside, Standup paddle boarded for 20 mins, and went Roller Skating for 45 mins.

It was a great day for exercise. The roller skating was a ton of fun!
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    September 15

Tracked yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes. I have been working out almost all day, nearly non stop. Between cardio, walking, house cleaning and strength/endurance, it would probably be easier to say the amount of hours I was sitting

Sunday yes
    Monday yes
    Tuesday yes
    Wednesday yes
    Thursday no
    Friday yes
    Saturday yes
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    kc9agz wrote: »
    username: kc9agz
    Week: September week 2
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous week: 133.6
    Today: 135.4

Going the wrong direction. Not sure how much hormones and cycle are playing here, but could be a bit of a contributing factor. I also was head dishwasher at work this week, so more standing than moving during clean up times. I haven't done great on the eating, too many sweets and snacks, but mostly salads for lunch at work. I also need to figure out how to get more water in. Weak bladder and lack of potty break times during work means I don't drink near as much as I should.
    Bit of TMI this post so sorry bout that.

Not TMI at all! Sometimes it helps to talk it out; put things into perspective. Maybe try replacing some of your sweets with fruit....still get the sweetness, but get some water as well, (and fewer calories, I would guess!).
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Hello, team The Big Butt Theory. I owe each and every one of you an apology for my absence this past week. I wish I could say I had a great reason for not even logging in since Sunday, but sadly, I don't. I was in a huge funk/depression...whatever you want to call it. I was just completely overwhelmed with everything I need to do, that I could do nothing. I am not even pretending anymore to lose weight, so I guess part of it is feeling like a total hypocrite. However, when I forced myself to come back on here this morning, I am feeling inspired again by all of you and all of your hard work. There have been many successes, and even those of you that are struggling a bit are finding ways to work through it. So thank you for continuing on, and for not giving up, in spite of a lack of leadership.

This was exactly why I was silent all week. My depressiom came on strong and I didn’t want to leave my house, hence not going to the gym. Also probably helped me not eat bad cause I had already food shopped for healthy foods and didn’t want to leave for bad foods. Think I am feeling better today ...

As for your question about the football menu, I am moving my cheat day to Sunday ... so while it isnt a huge win, at least Im not going to have a cheat meal Saturday and then use Sunday as an excuse to double up.

Hope you feel better

Thanks, Erik. Hope you are feeling better as well. Glad your house was already laden with healthy foods for your self imposed grounding!! Enjoy your Sunday football, and some cheat foods, in moderation of course!! Remember, the first serving of whatever tastes exactly the same as the second serving!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Last weeks weight: 228.4
    This weeks weight: 228.4

It isn't a loss, but it also isn't a gain. This week will be better.... You got it!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Saturday, Sept 15
    Track yes

My Fitbit has a rating for overall health. It takes into consideration stuff like resting heart rate, weight, exercise, etc I was sitting at very good for my age. Well, thanks to this group its jumped up to excellent.

Thanks for asking about my football menu. If I don't get anything else from the store it will be a snack of hummus, veggies, whole wheat crackers.

Work: I just finalized my contract with HR Block I will be managing the same two offices this year. I will be getting a decent salary starting in January but starting in October I have training pay at a crummy rate. This job fits my lifestyle but no benefits so the hardest part is the insurance. All will work out.
    Peace

Well, maybe this group has given you an extra bit of motivation, but you, Bobby T., have done all the hard work to improve your overall health rating to excellent!! Don't sell yourself short!!

Your football menu sounds delicious and healthy. I seem to recall you being from Pittsburgh; Are you then a Steelers fan?

Congratulations on securing your job again for another tax season. The initial pay and lack of insurance is a bummer for sure, but like you said, it fits your lifestyle!! So, focus on the positive!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    September 15

Tracked yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes. I have been working out almost all day, nearly non stop. Between cardio, walking, house cleaning and strength/endurance, it would probably be easier to say the amount of hours I was sitting

Sunday yes
    Monday yes
    Tuesday yes
    Wednesday yes
    Thursday no
    Friday yes
    Saturday yes

You are more than inspiring, Stephanie! Thank you for that, and keep up the great work!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Results for September Week #2

We had no individual or team accolades this week, but we did have six Big Butts that had a great week, losing over 1% of their body weight. I would like to congratulate the following for a job well done:

@mikea2g - 1.52%
    @jkdooley - 1.51%
    @makhe1224 - 1.17%
    @MelsLeanDream - 1.14%
    @abowersgirl - 1.13%
    @CCzMini - 1.09%
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    For any one with depression or some one falling into a funk, try to remember the small wins again. Even though you may not want to leave your house... walk around inside it for exercise or put on a meditation video for 5 minutes. Another thing that helps me is making of things that I can easily check off/accomplish everyday. For example: Wake up (very easy one to check off each morning), make bed, brush teeth, etc. Once you do this for a few days, start adding some other things to the list, like 10 minutes of exercise. This is all just food for thought.

September 15th Mini Challenge

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Walked 35 min outside, Standup paddle boarded for 20 mins, and went Roller Skating for 45 mins.

It was a great day for exercise. The roller skating was a ton of fun!

Thank you for this, Mikayla. Small wins....our theme for September!!!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Sept 15

Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    60 min yoga & meditation
    45 min recumbent bike
    Steps: 9527
    Water 88oz
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    For the rest of September, let's add a Small Wins entry to our daily posts. It can be whatever you like, and however small you want to make it. And for those not doing the Mini Challenge and/or not posting daily, it could be a good way to become more engaged with, and accountable to the team. Those of you on a roll and completely in the zone right now may not have a small win, because all your wins are currently large, but for those of us struggling, it could be the positive move forward that we need!! What do you say? Shall we give it a try?
  • Robandy12345
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Saturday, Sept 15
    Track yes

Peace

Well, maybe this group has given you an extra bit of motivation, but you, Bobby T., have done all the hard work to improve your overall health rating to excellent!! Don't sell yourself short!!

Your football menu sounds delicious and healthy. I seem to recall you being from Pittsburgh; Are you then a Steelers fan?

Congratulations on securing your job again for another tax season. The initial pay and lack of insurance is a bummer for sure, but like you said, it fits your lifestyle!! So, focus on the positive!

Thanks for the nice stuff you said, I appreciate it. Yes, I am a member of the Steelers nation. I didn't stick to just the snacks I noted. Tuff game.
  • Robandy12345
    Options
    September 16, Sunday
    Track yes
    Under calorie target but very low protein percentage.
    Exercise, I was at 84% of my target, not bad for a Sunday.

Small Wins or more of a shift of focus for me would be on my body fat. Because I haven't been this low of a weight for more than a few years I fear old habits will creep in if I don't change how I look at it. Right now my body fat is at 26.3 % I would like to get it down to 25% that would be a quarter of me as fat. I can get it down. Long range target of 20 % or a fifth of fat, and will be attained. The right way.
    Peace
This discussion has been closed.