Exercise:Yes! Went for 20 min brisk walk in the beautiful Autumn sunshine ♡
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,861 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Monday

Tracked: nope
    Calories: highly doubtful
    Exercise: 30 minutes of pushups and triceps love my arms

It was our October barbecue at work. We do it every October. Most of my crew have October birthdays. So we celebrate it. We have been doing this for almost 10 years. Even skipped breakfast. Darling hubby fed my fish. So sweet of him. But he fed the fish in my display tank with food from the quarantine tank. Fingers crossed he did not just cost me years of work and that none of my little guys die. He never feeds them. There are 2 regal angelfish in one quarantine. Wish me luck, time will tell.

Shelley
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise:Yes, 10 minute walk
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)
    Track: yes
    Calories: over (darn those gummy bears!!!)
    Exercise: 30 minutes elliptical
  • _ecofeminist
    _ecofeminist Posts: 44 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »
    Daily post: Monday
    Track: Yes.
    Calories: Under.
    Exercise: Yes, beat my jogging time and did some strength training. Need to come up with a better weight-lifting routine though.

Comments: Was a fine day in terms of health stuff. I'm a little down to be honest. I wasn't very productive today and basically wasted study time. I got my grade back for my exam and got an 82% which was average. Really bummed me out. I studied pretty hard for the exam. The worst part is that it was mostly due to silly mistakes. I feel really discouraged and was not motivated to study. This makes no sense because, logically, this should motivate me to do better on the next one but for some reason I do the opposite (this is a trend with eating as well. I have one bad day and then I feel bad and spiral down). I've done a better job this time around, but that's only due to positive feedback from the scale I think? I guess it's good that I'm conscious that I have this pattern but I don't really know how to stop doing this. I have two exams next week so I really need to buckle up and get studying. I think I just need to consciously tell myself how irrational it is to feel and do this. I really hate this feeling.

I am also a student and totally get this!!! Those marks you know you should have had because of a stupid mistake are the worst and totally discouraging. You are not alone in that! 82% is still super awesome. If you are aiming for an A you are totally still within range it’s not like you bombed it! That little bit of positive feedback totally helps me move forward too, on the scale and in school. But it’s amazing that you are aware of that because knowing that you can tend to do it is the first step in turning that habit around. You are incredible! School sucks sometimes but I know you can do well in your next tests if you keep to it, just like your weight loss ❤️❤️❤️
  • cmteach4
    cmteach4 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »
    Daily post: Monday
    Track: Yes.
    Calories: Under.
    Exercise: Yes, beat my jogging time and did some strength training. Need to come up with a better weight-lifting routine though.

Comments: Was a fine day in terms of health stuff. I'm a little down to be honest. I wasn't very productive today and basically wasted study time. I got my grade back for my exam and got an 82% which was average. Really bummed me out. I studied pretty hard for the exam. The worst part is that it was mostly due to silly mistakes. I feel really discouraged and was not motivated to study. This makes no sense because, logically, this should motivate me to do better on the next one but for some reason I do the opposite (this is a trend with eating as well. I have one bad day and then I feel bad and spiral down). I've done a better job this time around, but that's only due to positive feedback from the scale I think? I guess it's good that I'm conscious that I have this pattern but I don't really know how to stop doing this. I have two exams next week so I really need to buckle up and get studying. I think I just need to consciously tell myself how irrational it is to feel and do this. I really hate this feeling.

I agree with @_ecofeminist You are definitely not a failure! And since when is 82% average?! Think about the fact that your answered 82% correctly and only missed 18%! That is way more than average and is not a grade that will ruin your average. It is great to strive for all A’s if that’s what you are doing, but don’t discount all the learning you can do by your mistakes along the way. Do your best always, but don’t beat yourself up trying to be perfect — nobody is perfect and you miss out on many other things spending time worrying. That test is over and you have others now to study for so just put it behind you and move on. Perfection is overrated! You sound like an awesome person and student and I wish you great luck and that you continue to do well in your studies and health goals! Just always try to think of the positive part and it might help. Sending cyber hugs! ❤️
  • cmteach4
    Options
    Trying to figure out some exercises to do while my foot/ankle heals. Any suggestion for aerobic work that doesn’t put too much on my foot?

Hope everyone is having a good week so far!
  • melbe159
    melbe159 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Daily post Tuesday
    Track yes
    Calories yes 👏🏼😅
    Exercise 20 min dog walk
  • _ecofeminist
    _ecofeminist Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    cmteach4 wrote: »
    Trying to figure out some exercises to do while my foot/ankle heals. Any suggestion for aerobic work that doesn’t put too much on my foot?

Hope everyone is having a good week so far!

Do you like swimming? You could try deep water running or doing front stroke with a pull buoy between your legs!
  • cmteach4
    Options
    Thanks @_ecofeminist ! Those are good ideas. I love water classes and I am trying to think of something on land too. Hanks for the help!
  • momma3times
    momma3times Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks @_ecofeminist ! Those are good ideas. I love water classes and I am trying to think of something on land too. Hanks for the help!

What about a chair workout? Here is one specifically for people that have a foot injury.

https://youtu.be/WOW54mLxMLs
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Daily stats: Tues., Oct 16

Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Under, 5/2 IF fasting day
    Exercise: Gym; 60 min strength training class & 60 min. elliptical (morning) & 60 min walking (evening)
    Water: 128 oz

Comments:
    ej8g4z0eaor1.png
    :D:s:*:|
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options

What about a chair workout? Here is one specifically for people that have a foot injury.

I love this suggestion.... I would also look for some upper body workouts, maybe resistance band training would work... that really tones too.
  • cmteach4
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »

I love this suggestion.... I would also look for some upper body workouts, maybe resistance band training would work... that really tones too.

Thanks to you both! I will definitely try this chair workout and some other upper body stuff! There’s hope yet!
This discussion has been closed.