Track: ya
    Calories: over
    Exercise: 20m bike

I’m going to try OMAD again tomorrow!
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,850 Member
    Options
    cmteach4 wrote: »
    Trying to figure out some exercises to do while my foot/ankle heals. Any suggestion for aerobic work that doesn’t put too much on my foot?

Hope everyone is having a good week so far!

I was watching some old are no yesterday. They are on YouTube. Not sure which of the 12 basic ones I was watching. None below 5 I believe. But Billy Blanks has a two sitting in a chair and a guy in a wheelchair working out in them. Try searching The Bo, basic number 6 of 12. To from there.

Daily post: Tuesday
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes, core workout and some upper body for 35 min.

Shelley
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »
    Daily post: Monday
    Track: Yes.
    Calories: Under.
    Exercise: Yes, beat my jogging time and did some strength training. Need to come up with a better weight-lifting routine though.

Comments: Was a fine day in terms of health stuff. I'm a little down to be honest. I wasn't very productive today and basically wasted study time. I got my grade back for my exam and got an 82% which was average. Really bummed me out. I studied pretty hard for the exam. The worst part is that it was mostly due to silly mistakes. I feel really discouraged and was not motivated to study. This makes no sense because, logically, this should motivate me to do better on the next one but for some reason I do the opposite (this is a trend with eating as well. I have one bad day and then I feel bad and spiral down). I've done a better job this time around, but that's only due to positive feedback from the scale I think? I guess it's good that I'm conscious that I have this pattern but I don't really know how to stop doing this. I have two exams next week so I really need to buckle up and get studying. I think I just need to consciously tell myself how irrational it is to feel and do this. I really hate this feeling.

I am also a student and totally get this!!! Those marks you know you should have had because of a stupid mistake are the worst and totally discouraging. You are not alone in that! 82% is still super awesome. If you are aiming for an A you are totally still within range it’s not like you bombed it! That little bit of positive feedback totally helps me move forward too, on the scale and in school. But it’s amazing that you are aware of that because knowing that you can tend to do it is the first step in turning that habit around. You are incredible! School sucks sometimes but I know you can do well in your next tests if you keep to it, just like your weight loss ❤️❤️❤️

You're so sweet. I feel much better today. Thank you for your support. <3
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »
    Daily post: Monday
    Track: Yes.
    Calories: Under.
    Exercise: Yes, beat my jogging time and did some strength training. Need to come up with a better weight-lifting routine though.

Comments: Was a fine day in terms of health stuff. I'm a little down to be honest. I wasn't very productive today and basically wasted study time. I got my grade back for my exam and got an 82% which was average. Really bummed me out. I studied pretty hard for the exam. The worst part is that it was mostly due to silly mistakes. I feel really discouraged and was not motivated to study. This makes no sense because, logically, this should motivate me to do better on the next one but for some reason I do the opposite (this is a trend with eating as well. I have one bad day and then I feel bad and spiral down). I've done a better job this time around, but that's only due to positive feedback from the scale I think? I guess it's good that I'm conscious that I have this pattern but I don't really know how to stop doing this. I have two exams next week so I really need to buckle up and get studying. I think I just need to consciously tell myself how irrational it is to feel and do this. I really hate this feeling.

I agree with @_ecofeminist You are definitely not a failure! And since when is 82% average?! Think about the fact that your answered 82% correctly and only missed 18%! That is way more than average and is not a grade that will ruin your average. It is great to strive for all A’s if that’s what you are doing, but don’t discount all the learning you can do by your mistakes along the way. Do your best always, but don’t beat yourself up trying to be perfect — nobody is perfect and you miss out on many other things spending time worrying. That test is over and you have others now to study for so just put it behind you and move on. Perfection is overrated! You sound like an awesome person and student and I wish you great luck and that you continue to do well in your studies and health goals! Just always try to think of the positive part and it might help. Sending cyber hugs! ❤️

You're right. My university is just so crazy competitive that it can be mentally distressing. Thank you for being so supportive. You are so sweet. <3
  • cmteach4
    cmteach4 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Bm00re2u wrote: »
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise:No

Comments: I worked about 14 hours, did writing homework with my 4 yo, went over the alphabet with my 1 yo, watched the Celtics play with my hubby, and studied coding for about 30 minutes. Needless to say, no time for a workout or reading (unless you count the homework and coding lol). Hopefully work is shorter today and I can workout. Have a blessed day everyone! ❤️

Brit I would think homework counts — you probably have a super fit brain by now and that is an important body part! I also thinks it’s amazing you found time for so much including hubby! You are Awesome!
  • melbe159
    melbe159 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Daily post Wednesday

Track 👍🏼
    Calories 👏🏼
    Exercise 💪🏼
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Bm00re2u wrote: »
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise:No

Comments: I worked about 14 hours, did writing homework with my 4 yo, went over the alphabet with my 1 yo, watched the Celtics play with my hubby, and studied coding for about 30 minutes. Needless to say, no time for a workout or reading (unless you count the homework and coding lol). Hopefully work is shorter today and I can workout. Have a blessed day everyone! ❤️

Brit I would think homework counts — you probably have a super fit brain by now and that is an important body part! I also thinks it’s amazing you found time for so much including hubby! You are Awesome!

Thank you for your kind words Chris! I enjoyed the qt with my hubby and kiddos, but was exhausted! I guess I will count that as a workout! LOL

I am just catching up on all of the posts in the group. I'm glad the chair aerobics worked out for you!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options
    Daily stats: Wed., Oct 17

Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Gym; 60 min. elliptical & 3 mile walk
    Water: 115 oz

Comments: Back was bugging me today so I couldn't do my usual morning routine at the gym. I went super light on an elliptical and a slow 3 mile walk outdoors. Too many carbs today... took my sons for dinner at Qdoba---had a light chicken mini bowl....but then ate some of their chips and dip (logged it, and though I'm under--the carbs are a no no). I don't know why this week has seemed so hard for me. Struggling lately, both mentally and physically---gaaaah! :(:s:/
  • cmteach4
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    Daily stats: Wed., Oct 17

Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Gym; 60 min. elliptical & 3 mile walk
    Water: 115 oz

Comments: Back was bugging me today so I couldn't do my usual morning routine at the gym. I went super light on an elliptical and a slow 3 mile walk outdoors. Too many carbs today... took my sons for dinner at Qdoba---had a light chicken mini bowl....but then ate some of their chips and dip (logged it, and though I'm under--the carbs are a no no). I don't know why this week has seemed so hard for me. Struggling lately, both mentally and physically---gaaaah! :(:s:/

Nancy, so sorry your back is Misbehaving! You have been going so strong for quite a while so it’s understandable you might need a little break mentally and physically! Take a little break and don’t feel guilty or even get worried that you are going to continue struggling. You won’t! Do something thats fun for you like a movie, a little shopping for a well deserved outfit or shoes or whatever makes you smile! You’ve got this but even the best need a break now and then! Hugs to you!❤️
  • cmteach4
    Options
    Daily stats: Wednesday, October 17

Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no, just mental.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options
    Nancy, so sorry your back is Misbehaving! You have been going so strong for quite a while so it’s understandable you might need a little break mentally and physically! Take a little break and don’t feel guilty or even get worried that you are going to continue struggling. You won’t! Do something thats fun for you like a movie, a little shopping for a well deserved outfit or shoes or whatever makes you smile! You’ve got this but even the best need a break now and then! Hugs to you!❤️

Thank you Chris.... I really struggle with slowing down bc I worry I'll lose momentum and won't get going again---but you're right---need to stop now and them and recover. And I would love a shopping trip! LOL. Not sure I deserve one though--- been buying clothes online all month :p:#;) ...jeans, workout clothes, sneakers, and tops.... oh my!! :D Movie would be more economical of me... :|:D:*
  • _ecofeminist
    _ecofeminist Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yikes I forgot about my weigh in today
    PW142.5
    CW143
    Weighed this evening so probably heavier than I should be but it is what it is. :/

Daily post Wed

Tracked yes
    Calories under
    Exercise ..taking a much needed day off

Comments: I successfully completed OMAD today. Yes!! I stayed away from my house when studying (keeps me from mindless snacking) and invited a friend over for the last couple hours before dinner when I knew I’d need the extra distraction. It didn’t seem too bad today compared to my first try last week.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    @SLIMn2016 That's super frustrating. Hopefully your back feels better tomorrow!
    I've been struggling mentally this week for some reason. Monday was really tough for me, I was so out of it mentally that my workout wasn't great and I've still been struggling mentally still yesterday and a little less today. Had to take a few steps back and really think about what my goals are and why I want to achieve them and I'm getting back into it today. I think that for me, most of my physical problems are really mental blocks and when I really take the time to think about what my goals are, I get back into the game.
    Hopefully you can find your why again and get back in mentally! As for physically, you might just need a little extra rest, you've been going pretty hard for a while now!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Y

Comments: I successfully completed OMAD today. Yes!! I stayed away from my house when studying (keeps me from mindless snacking) and invited a friend over for the last couple hours before dinner when I knew I’d need the extra distraction. It didn’t seem too bad today compared to my first try last week.

@_ecofeminist I find that OMAD is definitely easiest when I am distracted and busy. Congrats on a successful day!
This discussion has been closed.