Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Gawanne32
    Gawanne32 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Very nice! Now write inside your card:

To LIN, hugs from Jackie, Patsy, Sandy, Buzz, Jeri, and Anne. xxxoooxxx

Then put it in your journal so you will always know how appreciated you are by this little group.
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    ANNIE my love! What a darling idea for our LIN to write in her beautiful card, because we all feel that way . The card has a positively sculptural feel in the leaves, at least as I see it. How special our creative members are!
    WHatever all the suggestions are for SANDY's protection, I'm all for getting that automatic monthly check! Once he's in Phil's place, I don't trust that Babe will not fall under his son's influence, and I don't have to tell you what that will be! Just look at the dreadful choices he has made in the past :s ! You deserved much better!
    Love the Bean pictures, both with and without her favorite "brother"!
    PATSY, my sympathy on your laundry disaster! Having had a similar problem in the past, I can feel your pain! Do you, by the way, see any change in behavior since the crazy bomber has brought attention to the destructive attitude and manner of the "Lock 'em Up"/"Slam Them Down" Leader? For 2 seconds he recommended, without using names, everyone should be united! Next breath he says something condemning the fake press again! Pardon the upward roll of my eyes! A former Trump staffer, Scaramucci by name, says DT is an intentional liar, and he does it because he love getting under peoples' skin, and he says fighting against him is pretty impossible since he will always go one hideous step further! JACKIE, do you or your countrymen see any hope for us on the west side of the big puddle? I'm sort of holding my breath, waiting for some version of Kristallnacht !!! He announce today that he wants all police to be under his command, with obedience to him only! Is that familiar? I think we have to stop pretending to be polite to his mob!
    I got a ride to Costco today, and if I can somehow get the blueberries delivered, I may never go again! Although I also found nice strong recyclablecoffee individual servings for my Keurig that I didn't know existed! The place is a menace! And I am exhausted!
    I seem to be able to wear several of my tops that are 2 sizes smaller than a couple of months ago! And they fit loosely! I just will not look at numbers as they appear on my scale!
    Perhaps early to bed?
    <3 Buzz
    ................................Always Believe Something Wonderful is About to Happen!........................
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Another badly timed walk this morning because as I parked on the moors I had a view across the valley into Devon and a mass of low cloud, sleet and hail coming in our direction! George had his raincoat on so I thought it best to get on with the walk sticking to the lower paths even though the storm had by then arrived over us. Luckily he did what he needed to do within a few hundred meters and about a half mile further on he went on strike with an "are you crazy" look on his face so we turned round and headed back! A quick trip to the farm shop and on the way home I stopped to take a couple of cuttings from a gorgeous burgundy red hydrangea that grows outside a now defunct intensive egg farm. As I'm sipping my coffee I've noticed the odd flake of snow drifting past my windows but am sure it won't come to anything.

Buzz, it's extremely difficult to put what's going on into a few words but certainly most observers here are still incredulous when he continues to blatantly lie with little opposition. More coverage is given to his followers and their blind faith and belief in the man. It's obvious to us as it must be to you your country is being torn apart and I completely understand your Kristallnacht fears because why wouldn't you draw parallels but who's it going to be aimed at... the hate is aimed at a number of minorities? This awful time will pass, hopefully with not too much collateral damage although I read somewhere his son may well stand when his dad steps down.... what a ghastly thought!

Anne, a lovely idea for Lin's card so I'm all for it! Oh dear, is that where Harry's logs stay or will be stack them neatly? I've an awful feeling it won't be the latter!
    America has sits own history to deal with when it comes to racial issues so I'm guessing some organisations are sensitive. Laws that were introduced here to protect minorities were needed at the time because if you remember even the Irish were treated like 2nd class citizens and what happened recently to the group known as the Windrush generation, all British passport holders, was dreadful but in many cases the pendulum has swung too far the other way. Of course your Northern grit wouldn't take umbrage at any of it!! :D:D

Lin, I decided yesterday the easiest way to make my soup was to chop the veggies up and put them in my crockpot on low for a couple of hours. It's been blended and some frozen although I don't think it will be with me for long! You put so much time and effort into your cards but I'm sure the recipients must be over the moon to get one.

Patsy, oh dear, I'm cross enough when bits of tissue end up stuck to my laundry and then, with me hanging washing out on the rotary line I find them scattered like snow in the grass or hanging on to shrubs! That must have been quite a chore to clean out your washing machine. Robbie the smithy told me in the week he was talking to his wife, also Jackie, about George and how cute he is but she then mentioned how their lovely Collie Jess had been attacked by my naughty boy when we met walking one day.... oops!! Jess is the friendliest, sweetest dog and female so shouldn't be a problem to George but it was instant dislike on his part and luckily he was on his lead at the time. Blotted his copybook with the other Jackie that's for sure!

Sandy, I have the same concerns for you and your financial arrangements with Babe as the rest of the group and I'm sure you do too so do your best to find a way to persuade him and the bank it's in both your interests. There's only one reason his son persuaded him to sell the property.

Lots to do so I'll bid you all a peaceful Saturday.
    Jackie
  • Gawanne32
    Options
    SANDY I echo everyone else's concern! Please, please, please get an automatic monthly cheque set up. However much you trust Babe it will all go out the window once his son gets control of Babe and Babes future. I speak from experience after dealing with a husband I trusted completely but who changed once he was under the influence of "the soul mate", his words. You simply cannot blindly trust Babe and his son and SANDY, you don't want to be struggling financially as you age. What if the son ends up shoving Babe into a care home and your allowance is needed for his keep. It's amazing how a good lawyer can alter ones life, believe me!

It's a weird world we are dealing with today. I read somewhere that DT was so difficult in youth that his parents had to enrol him in a military college to discipline him. If true, it didn't work! I thought months ago he was trying to set up a dictatorship and dynasty and still believe it. BUZZ your Kristalinacht fears are well founded. I'm nervous just over the border with our small population. It just takes one charismatic (to some) power hungry bully to change the course of history. Maybe the pipe bomber will wake people up, but I doubt it, sadly.

Poor PATSY! The last thing you want is things disintegrating in the washing machine! Hope today is quiet, and peaceful and totally lovely.

Well, LIN and JACKIE, it's FREEZING here! We've just got freezing rain so far, but Michael's got snow at his half hour drive north home. The Bean and I were not amused when we put our noses out the front door. She was actually blown backwards as we stepped out. We didn't go far being a pair of chickens. Harry's wood pile reaches the top of my fence and it's in his front garden! I think the town has given up. At one time they where forever checking up on him. Ha well, he brings a touch of country "charm" to our otherwise nice neighbourhood. Like DT I guess all things will pass in time.
    Annie.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,090 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends

My mail arrives quite late in the day now. I liked having my mail around lunchtime but those days are long past. I say that to say, a t-shirt I ordered arrived yesterday, late yesterday, so this morning I washed it along with a couple of other things and paid some bills online. I hadn’t planned on those chores. Haaaaa.

Then I started on my soup. I make it in my InstantPot but I make my own Mirepoix and sauté it before loading in everything else. It takes longer but I think the soup is tastier. Anyway, now everything is in the pot and I can ignore it for a while. It already smells yummy

Jackie and Anne, I feel a bit guilty. We have a day of sunshine and temperatures are mild. Top that off with no wind, it is heavenly but since I am staying indoors for the most part, I guess I won’t get full benefit of it. I am sorry for the cold and wet conditions. I wish you had your stove Jackie and Anne, little Bean must be unhappy as well as she loves her walks (translation: sniffing and exploring). Clever George, ready to go home. So sorry he made a bad impression on the owner of the collie. Darn.

Buzz, I will get off this but honestly I am continually amazed that anyone can be so enamoured of you know who. Frankly, I don’t think we have had a leader during my adult years that I gave blind loyalty. Never ever. I reserve some skepticism in most cases which probably explains my voter registration of Independent.

Must move along. Thanks for the nice words about my card. I make some cards that take forever and a day, I also make cards that take little time but at least they are something to send. And no, I don’t think most people care that much about them. Maybe two or three people have mentioned that they have kept a card I made for them. I have made a couple of cards for a little girl at church and her mom and grandmother have told me they are putting them in the scrapbooks they are making for her. That is sweet.

Onward. I need to listen to the latest installment on gut/brain connection. Each segment is available for just 24 hours. I skipped last evening as I fell asleep. :o

Hugs.

Lin
  • Gawanne32
    Options
    Dear God. Breaking news. Gunman enters synagogue. Multiple casualties.
  • Gawanne32
    Options
    I didn't know anything about the Windrush scandal JACKIE. I've just been reading up on it. It would appear it's a case of "let him who is blameless throw the first stone" when it comes to various countries. Something to ponder upon this afternoon.
    It's going to snow around midnight apparently. I'm trying NOT to ponder on that.
    Annie.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,041 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Happy Saturday!! :) While I appreciate all your advice there is really nothing I can do. His bank is different from my bank but in six years he hasn't every been late with a payment. I do have separation papers written by my attorney but realistically there is nothing else I can do. I will just take it one day at a time and pray that he continues to take care of me as he has done.
    I have been hurt financially in the past from my first husband but I honestly do trust Babe.
    I understand everyone concern but until I can figure out a different payment idea I will continue to get checks from him every month.

I had my mail stopped while I was away but it was supposed to resume on Thursday. I had to call the post office yesterday and was once again on hold for an hour. My local post office just called to say it should be delivered today which I hope is true since I have a couple of packages with new tops in them and I am anxious to see them.

Anne, I did see that briefly on my yahoo news but didn't read the whole thing. Shootings seem to be common these days which is just so terrible. Sorry it was so cold for you and Jilly, our weather is similar to Lin's which is good for church tonight.

Lin, I think your cards are beautiful and remind me of my daughter. She always sends homemade cards and each unique in their own way. My mail too arrives late in the day and I really wish we had a morning delivery.

Jackie, I did talk to the bank yesterday but there is nothing they can do. His bank is like a family owned bank with two locations. I do not want an account there because it would be very inconvenient so for now I am leaving things as they are. Little George a bully? I hope you had a talk with him and told him to be nice.

Buzz, until I come up with something better and I will, trust me on this. Did you buy bulk items at Costco? Everything seems to come in bulk thus I don't shop there.

Patsy, I have had that happen to me as well and it is a nightmare getting all those little pieces out. I hope you got everything cleaned up and can have a relaxing day today.

Doing laundry today because I can. Have a great day.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Heavy heart today, but the shootings and bombings keep right on! This maniac leader then says "we must stick together and not be divided!" as if he was not the divider - in -chief! LIN, dearest, I respect your political feelings, as I do everyone's, but as an Independent, you are still responsible to VOTE! Your country needs your opinions in the voting booth, and Republicans who are not part of the bamboozled mob must also get to the polls and VOTE!!! As an old lady who lived through the Hitler horrors, I beg everyone to stand up for morality, humanity, and just plain decency and get to those voting booths. The United States NEEDS your vote!!! OK, I'm climbing down and getting ready for dinner, but please , y'all, we MUST take our country back to a place we can love to lie in once more! Right now, we are a shameful weak loud MOB!
    SANDY, please talk to your lawyer before accepting what you are feeling! Update the papers or whatever. Phil is dangerous for your health and well-being!
    JACKIE and ANNE, thank you for your support in my angst! DT is actually becoming more popular!
    Hi PATSY...gotta run!
    <3 Buzz
    .........................Always Believe Something Wonderful ! is About to Happen!!!.........................
  • linder4866
    Options
    I have already voted Buzz.
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I voted last week. And to this I must add my thoughts. I volunteer at the political action center and GASP! There are people who still think mid term elections are totally unimportant. There are a lot of people who don’t think this out. If you don’t get good senators and legislators in Washington, nothing will change. Young voters seem extraordinarily uninformed on most issues. What are they learning in school? Anyway don’t climb down from your bandstand Buzz! We need to keep yelling....VOTE while you still can!

Patsy
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Nearly midnight and I'm pottering about turning my clocks back as we get an extra hour in bed, hooray.

Another mass shooting in America, nothing new there but still tragic and horrific. So sorry my dear sneakers in the US having to live with these ghastly events. Hugs to you all. <3

Off to bed for me.
    Jackie
  • linder4866
    Options
    Our clocks don’t move back until the first Sunday in November which is next week. Would be nice if they would move automatically.

Get some rest Jackie.

Back to work. Oh, and the soup is yummy.

Lin
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Cold, windy and no fire to light!! :( George slept under a blanket on my bed last night... unheard of. We're about to walk if I can find a sheltered place.

Buzz, a British perspective, not dissimilar to your own.
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/oct/28/observer-view-donald-trump-vile-rhetoric-us-pipe-bomb-packages

Back later if we're not blown away in the Arctic blast!
    Jackie
  • Gawanne32
    Options
    Just a quick good morning from me on a rather chilly morning. Never mind, I'm going to make a comforting shepherds pie for me and Mike if he ventures forth. If not, leftovers!
    Bye for now,
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Jackie, argh, George under a blanket? Now that is chilly. Maybe looking after your neighbor’s pet(s) might take a while (warmer over there right?)

Anne, baking and cooking do heat up the house and the tummy too! Have a good day.

Quite windy here today but okay temperatures so the wind shouldn’t have a bite. They are promising a rain/snow event by Thursday evening/Friday morning. NO!!!! Not a Tai Chi early morning.

Packing up for church including my mix of anointing oil for the communion kit for shut-ins. Must run it my the head elder first. Well, let him sniff it at least.

I assume there may be a bit of discussion again about safety in our church. When a stranger comes in and wanders off on their own, the male elders and one or two others try to unobtrusively find the person. It makes everyone quite nervous as so far no one is doing the concealed carry option (to the best of my knowledge). It is a sad world.

Love you all. Hugs.

Lin
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was WET! And a bit chilly And some wind and the power went off for a while. All in all, a typical Oregon north coast weekend. This morning looks quite nice but cold.

This is football day for John. I hope we get to chat with our son. That is always a matter of what is going on in his work. Deadlines never move. They are just things to be met!

The world looks in wonder at our man in charge. We try to understand, we try to make changes in the normal legal way we have in the past. Things are cracking apart, we are angry and scared. The only thing we have to work with is our votes. Even that is being manipulated. Do I sound a little terrified? I calm my self by remembering we are a nation of laws and in general very humanitarian. I know things are changing and they will never go back to what used to be. We will be brave and keep trying to find a way back to honor and sanity.

I am baking blueberry muffins for John. He has been steadily avoiding the news. Football is a nice diversion for him. Also putting a log in the fireplace for morning coffee and Sunday Baroque concert.

The sun is up and out from behind the trees in our little forest. Yea! Muffins look pretty good in the oven.
    Patsy
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,041 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday!! :) It is a miserable day with rain and wind so I am just staying home. For peace of mind I will email my attorney tomorrow to keep him up to speed. I will let you know what he says so you don't worry about me. You are all such good friends and I love all of you.

Lin, I hope the head elder approves of the oil and is grateful for all you do.

Anne, enjoy that shepherds pie something I have never had. I defrosted a hamburger patty to cook on my new George Foreman grill for inside. I love that the grates come out for washing something my old one didn't have.

Jackie, I myself, would love if George got under the covers with me. I loved when Daisy slept in our bed even if it only lasted ten minutes or so, she got to hot. lol I read your article and I totally agree with the writer, it is so embarrassing to have DT as our president.

Buzz and Patsy, I have not voted yet but I certainly will on election day. I really have to study our local politicians to accept whom I think will be the best for Illinois.

Finishing one last load of towels before getting ready for a video call with my sons.

Have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    Options
    Wow!!! Grantchester marathon <3<3

Lin
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Lin thank you for the lovely homede mse valintine card you sent me the only one in the bunch to keep in touch ith me.. I will sone be 88 years old. Have a Happy holloweenallI can barely see what I type anymore marie