NSV's

Replies

• PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,672 Member
    @GaleHawkins love your story!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    I'm going to throw away a not empty insulin vial :)
    Insulin is only good for 28/30 days & there will still be some in it.

To think I was using 5 vials a month not too long ago. :)

30 days is the official answer they have to give, but keeping it cold will extend that. I go through insulin way too fast to matter and always keep my open vial with my meter that comes when I go anywhere outside of town (so it is not in the fridge). But my cat's insulin (he uses cheap old fashioned human NPH) has been open and in the fridge for months and is still good. But he only uses so much less than me.

My insulin is usually in my insulin pump, which is refilled every 4-5 days. But technically, the insulin I take (Apidra) is only supposed to be kept outside of its original container (such as in my insulin pump reservoir) for 48 hours based on FDA approvals. Once again, there is a bit of difference between what the pharmaceutical tells me to do and what I really do.

This is something you will need to make your own judgement about. If it becomes where you are wasting a lot of insulin, you might consider switching to pens instead.
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    I'm going to throw away a not empty insulin vial :)
    Insulin is only good for 28/30 days & there will still be some in it.

To think I was using 5 vials a month not too long ago. :)

yeah! Well done re the reduction, both weight and insulin!
  • gwendyprism
    gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
    nill4me wrote: »
    Glucose levels are awesome....below 120 for 7/14/30 day averages. woot.

Almost "pantsed" myself in whole foods the other night...i stepped on my own cuff because they were hanging so low.

Hahaha. I'll have to watch out for that! Ive noticed a couple pairs of pants have gotten mysteriously longer in the legs. I guess the dryer has started growing things instead if shrinking them.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Kudos all around, everyone! So happy to see such progress with all my friends!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Missed ya, KnitOrMiss, how are things?
    icxidvngr1oe.png
  • GDowning2Fit
    GDowning2Fit Posts: 26 Member
    I'm new to this forum/group. Hello to everyone! I'm also in keto group, but I wanted to ask what is the normal or should I say average amount of carbs for a low carb (not keto) diet? What are some of your daily carb target/goals?