TEAM WEIGHT NO MORE JANUARY 2019 TEAM CHAT

Options

Replies

• lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hello new team members! :)

@CassieGetsFit2013 girl, I’m so sorry! Just reading it makes me sad... I really hope you’ll feel mentally much better very soon. You’re doing amazing with your logging discipline and eating habits. Honestly I think it goes hand in hand. I really hope it will help you mentally big time seeing all those changes happening to your body.

And we are here - to help you too and cheer you up!

Do you have any interesting hobbies or anything new you’d like to try to learn?

I love crafting, painting, I have lots of house plants i take care of, I love baking and decorating... also walking lol 😂 I learnt to fix a 2x2 and 3x3 rubix’s cubes -thanks to YouTube tutorial recently when I was sick and laying on couch most days lol

Just trying to see if anything sounds appealing :) any new fun thing to learn or try?
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for: Wednesday
    Logged: Yes! stayed on track!
    Water: For the first time ever, i actually drank MORE than i needed to.
    Exercise: went to the gym this morning for a walk on the treadmill, and did Day 2 of the 28-Day Challenge i’m doing with my sister. (had to go to Wal-Mart to buy dumb-bells!)
    Steps: 17,038

feeling good! hoping i can stay in the groove!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,448 Member
    Options
    Welcome @venture4th and @rhea81! Introduce yourself to the team. If you look back you will see all of our introductions. Looking forward to meeting and getting to know you!

@ihp2015 You are doing great! I love when you actually can see an improvement in your physical strength. Hope you had a good day 2
    @carlsoda I sent you a Fitbit invite. I love your profile pic there! It made me lol! With the little hat!
    @mrsbell8well. It depends what your doing if you can do 1,000 steps per hour. I used to do that when it was slow on night shift. It would help keep me awake too. It’s not as easy on a regular day but since I know I have done it I can shoot for it. You sound like you have a good plan for January. I know you are going to do great. Good luck with the next stage for your promotion.
    @eyesopennow awesome progress! It must be nice to visualize how far you have actually gone! ThAnks for the update!
    @nstephenson01 such a productive day! Sounds like you are ready to start 2019!
    @lennoncpa they actually do sell water glasses that have marks that show where you should be at a certain time. Maybe you can kinda visualize the same with your water. Have it 1/4 of the way down by a certain time, 1/2 before lunch. Maybe substitute water for what you usually drink with Lunch...3/4 by 2:30 and the last 1/4 before you leave.
    @cassiegetsfit2013 are we friends on Fitbit? I am Pam G on there. I think...
    @ljdanny. Great job getting up and out so early! What a good idea to get the scales with the money you are saving!
    @cafeldlia Happy New Year! I am sorry to hear that you can’t run but glad you can at least still walk and do yoga and Pilates.
    @twyla77 great day and amazing steps!
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 We aren't friends on FitBit, but Cyndie does invite me to the walking week hustle challenges & I think I see you there to. Not sure how to add you though.
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    AtLeastOnceMore Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Check-in (Thurs 3/1/19)

Still packing for the move. Mama had a bad night last night so I was up with her at all hours. Still not enough steps, but also not a shameful amount of steps. The weather here where I am is pretty consistently >38 degrees Celsius during the day (100 degrees F) so it's hard to be motivated to do much outside.

Tracking: Not at the moment. Hoping to be back into that when I move and unpack my food scales.
    Water: so much. Easily over 2L.
    Steps: 7123

Things I am succeeding at: drinking enough water, not pushing myself too hard physically during the move and messing up my back further.
    Things to improve: I've got a feeling my carbs were on the high side today (30-40g). Need to make sure I'm on the right side of 20g net.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Check in for Wednesday

Logged food and was too far under - I just wasn't hungry and didn't want to keep eating late at night.
    Water - about 30 ounces
    Exercise - 48 minutes of Yoga with Adrienne and some light arm work

Breakfast: Protein shake with whole milk
    "Lunch" - shared some movie popcorn with my son and nieces (Mary Poppins Returns is awesome, btw!)
    Supper - 4 oz BBQ skinless chicken thigh, 2 oz roasted Brussels sprouts, 1oz sauteed mushrooms, and 2oz spaghetti noodles with butter and italian seasoning

Then I had half a piece of cornbread as a snack later
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for: Wednesday
    Logged: Yes and under
    Water: 75 oz
    Exercise & Steps: 9582 steps and house cleaning

Day three in my string of days where I have followed my new plan. Last night was hard. I was wanting junk really bad. but I didn't. yay me. I had some almonds and sweet potatoe chips instead. They say that the first three days are the hardest. we will see. lol. lot of fruits and veggies. I don't really see any physical changes yet. to soon to tell tho. I clean out 2 closets yesterday. they were the coat closets. why do we need two closets? good question. they were full of coats that were way to big for me and for jim. another bag of clothes for the salvation army. someone is going to be so lucky to get these. it will keep them warm this winter. I also totally cleaned my kitchen. washed everything down. it is sparkley! lol

@Shirin_K it is so nice when things go back to the same ole thing! It makes life so much easier. you are doing great.

@sleepymom5 lol pam is a mouth breather! good luck with your new position. I so hope it works out for you. now is a great time to reinvent who pam is. I have done that a couple of times in my life. it is a very exciting journey. I hope you find you fit. I hate it when you get sick again when you think you have gotten better. just rest today if you can. chicken soup never hurts either.

@ihp2015 good job at getting back on track for the new year. so true about the string. I started the day before you so it will be easy for me too. you will say how many days on your string and I will know to add one more. if you don't break yours I won't break mine. that is a great nsv Irene. you took floor flights of stairs and didn't take a break. that is wonderful. look at the new you go!

@carlsoda thanks for the link. I am going to look that up for sure. I will let you know how jim and I like them. and I would say you did great too if I knew what lefsa was! you are doing awesome. sent you a friend request on fitbit.
    good job yesterday with your water steps and yoga. I make sweet potato chips in the dehydrator. they are not to bad.

@Mrsbell8well you just keep doing them Angelina. it will soon become just something you do. try to change how you think about it by say you love getting all those steps instead. it may not be true now but someday it will. you know fake it till you make it. and your year food wise has definitely been a journey. you have worked to hard learning how to listen to what your body needs. and I am so into the raw foods. food is so much better for you in its natural state. you had such a crazy day yesterday. try and recoup today from the added stress. maybe some meditation after yoga!!

@eyesopennow you have really stepped in up! (see what I did there?) you have come so far and it is true testament to your strength and perseverance that you have not given up. life was tough for you in 18 and you have not given up. I am proud of you buddy! (your the token guy in the group lol)

@nstephenson01 wooo whoo. look at you go on the bowflex! 14 minutes is tough. that is great work.

@pacsnc6 I have no doubt you are going to be successful. you should take a picture of your puzzle. I love working puzzles. they are really hard on my shoulders and neck tho so I don't do them a lot any more.

@lennoncpa lol you were probably up all night peeing! good job downing the water although I think the idea is to drink it thru out the day. maybe set an alarm on you phone every hour till you get use to stopping to take a drink!

@ljdanny love the plan for your money. what a wonderful treat for doing a good job. positive reinforcement baby!!

@Cafelelia I know we are an awesome group. it has really become a great place full of wonderful people. oh no on your delay to start back running. but better to let it totally heal. you make sure you don't do to much. don't want to make it worse.

welcome to our team @Venture4th and @Rhea81 come on in and introduce yourselves. at the beginning of this thread you will find some useful information about the basics of our little group and there is a reflection exercise at the beginning of the thread that I would love for you two to complete too. if you have any questions please ask.

@twyla77 good job on getting in your water. it does really help your body run more smoothly. also helps with your metabolism. Twyla is grooving on into the new year. lol

@phoebe112476 ohhh paris! how lovely. I have never been but I hear it is beautiful. take a picture of how you are feeling. spend some time with how good it feels to be on track and taking care of yourself. really commit it to memory. then when you are starting to feel discouraged because results have slowed you can pull up that wonderful feeling. even if you write it out it really helps you stay positive.

@bbcbw wooo whoo. nice loss. that is almost 3 pounds. how are you feeling?

@coolchick207 with everything going on. tracking and staying on goal is going to be difficult. keep monitoring what you are doing. remember, without you you really have no one!!

@czvanut your calories seem low. maybe add in a health snack during the day. and ohhhh do I love roasted brussel sprouts, I roasted mine with pumpkin seeds and mushrooms. delicious.

• Shirin_K
    Shirin_K Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    User ID: Shirin_K
    Week 1
    Weigh-in Day: Thursday
    Previous weight: 169.2
    Current weight: 171.0
This discussion has been closed.