TEAM: Gutbusters (January)

Options

Replies

• cjscoey
    cjscoey Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    cjscoey wrote: »
    @LesIckaBod am I not in this month, I didn’t see my name on the spreadsheet, no big deal, I can wait until next month. Thanks!

@cjscoey Hmm, looks like you weren't on the December spreadsheet by the end, so that's probably why you didn't roll over onto the Jan spreadsheet. I think we can get you added back, but do you have a starting weight and preferred weigh-in day?

I didn't finish December and made a post stating that and requested to be added to Jan, I was having work issues. My starting weight was 173 and I would like Fridays for weigh ins, Thanks!
  • Robandy12345
    Robandy12345 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Exercice no
    Calories yes
    Under target
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    January 6
    Exercise - yes (I worked outside around the house, It was a beautiful day!)
    Tracked - yes
    Within calories - yes
  • amynew4u
    amynew4u Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    WishfulThinning18
    Sunday
    Previous 283.4
    Current 276.4

WOW! Fantastic! Going to be living it up for you (and hopefully with you) as you crush those major milestones. Congrats.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    January 7
    Exercised?: Yes. (3km in 24 mins - hills)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Work today. Train into city and back to home again. Walk after dinner.

Not much else to report today,
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    January 6
    Exercised:- No - rainy and very wet so took a rest day
    Calories:- Yes
    Track:- Yes

Intermittent fasting isn't for me. I'm at work at 7:15am, I just need something before I start a stressful day.
    I've removed my automatic Fitbit exercise calories from my MFP page. I'm often eating all of my calories (+exercise cals) when I should be cutting out more of those earned calories from my Fitbit. Going to be very diligent this week and see what happens on the scale.
    Great losses!

@zimborunner. There is no one size fits all in pursuit of healthy weight and size.

Things that I found helped me (without IF) was:
    - no eating between meals (or caloried beverages)
    - low processed carbs (low on satiety)
    - higher fats and proteins (high on satiety)
    - regular moderate exercise/activity (no gym - walking and bodyweight mainly).

If you can regularly eat a lot of calories in what you usually eat, or find yourself feeling hungry, then maybe it's time to look at the macros and see what you can do to increase the ones that make you full and keep you full.

Lastly, there is more than one Intermittent Fasting (IF) regime (5:2 / 16:8 / multi-day. etc..). IF is BEST for blood sugars and insulin and secondary for weight loss. Can be a substitute for tracking or work in conjunction with tracking.

For your circumstance, IF of 16:8 would be you eat early (to give fuel for the stressful day ahead), but stop eating early (only eat in an 8 hour window - 16 hour fast). With this, you must still stay in your daily budget. Yet again, this may not be for you.

Experiment and find something that works for you and can be maintained forever (not just for while losing weight). Must cater for stress, social occasions, travel and all the other things life throws at you. Remember, if you do not permanently change what you did to get you out of shape, you will slowly return the shape you were in.
  • dommylifts
    dommylifts Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    This is a day late

Username: Dommylifts
    Weigh in week: 2 I believe
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Week's weight: 150.2
    Todays Weight: 151.8

I have noticed that my weight does not seem to want to stay below 150. I can get under, but staying under even while maintaining the same exercise and eating regimen hasn’t been happening. My goal was 140, and my goal is still 140 but I think I’m going to push that goal to summer, maybe by May/June and really focus on figuring out the absolute best way of doing this without feeling hungry.
  • lacatgirl
    lacatgirl Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    New week new start. Goals for today: Count every calorie and Journal it! Keeping it simple, trying to regain my motivation!
  • michellelagle
    michellelagle Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I posted my weigh in last week. But I gues somehow it didn't get posted. Sorry. I will post for both weeks. Last week I lost 3.5 pounds and weighed in as 153 pounds.
    michellelagle
    Week: 1 (not sure if this is week 1 or 2)
    PW: 153
    CW: 154
    I am having a certain problem this week that I don't want to talk about because there are men on here. I know it's why the scale says I gained 1 pound. Definitely expecting to lose 3 pounds next week.

• LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    lacatgirl wrote: »
    WI Friday 1/4 - 175lbs

@lacatgirl I'm still sick and having a little trouble processing some of the info here. Can you help me out? I copied your last few posts with weigh-in info, and I've put comments in italics. If any info here needs to be changed on the spreadsheet, please let me know.

Also, it really helps me be less confused if you use this format:
    Username:
    Challenge week (e.g. Jan Week 2)
    Previous weight: (lets me double check the spreadsheet for accuracy)
    Current weight:

from Saturday, December 29 Since this was your last weigh-in for December, it carried over as your starting weight for January -- see the Jan spreadsheet to confirm
    Week 4 -174.3
    Sorry guys! During the past week I went even higher than this but came down a bit after restarting. I was doing the 5/2 diet last spring and have started again. I stay within my mfp calories for 5 days and do a "fast" of 500 cals for two days. This was extremely effective for me so I have resumed this plan and hope to lose the weight I gained in the last couple of months asap!! Then onward towards my goal!

from Monday, December 31 Since the January challenge had begun, I posted this value as your Week 1 January weight
    Username: lacatgirl
    WI Day: Friday
    Starting Weight / Previous Weight: 176.5

Hey - so my Week One CW date would be friday jan 4...is that correct?

From today, Monday Jan 7 Our Week 1 challenge ended on Saturday, Jan 5, but this was posted today. Is this your week 1 weight, or do you want to move to Monday weigh-ins?
    lacatgirl wrote: »
    WI Friday 1/4 - 175lbs

• LesIckaBod
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    @LesIckaBod am I not in this month, I didn’t see my name on the spreadsheet, no big deal, I can wait until next month. Thanks!

@cjscoey Hmm, looks like you weren't on the December spreadsheet by the end, so that's probably why you didn't roll over onto the Jan spreadsheet. I think we can get you added back, but do you have a starting weight and preferred weigh-in day?

I didn't finish December and made a post stating that and requested to be added to Jan, I was having work issues. My starting weight was 173 and I would like Fridays for weigh ins, Thanks!

@cjscoey My apologies. I'll update the moderator to get you added back!
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    dommylifts wrote: »
    This is a day late

Username: Dommylifts
    Weigh in week: 2 I believe
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Week's weight: 150.2
    Todays Weight: 151.8

I have noticed that my weight does not seem to want to stay below 150. I can get under, but staying under even while maintaining the same exercise and eating regimen hasn’t been happening. My goal was 140, and my goal is still 140 but I think I’m going to push that goal to summer, maybe by May/June and really focus on figuring out the absolute best way of doing this without feeling hungry.

@dommylifts Is there anything we can help with? You mentioned you're feeling hungry. Have you been tinkering with macros to see if that helps? Also, have you been taking any notes about when and how you workout, when and what you eat, and how you feel? You might find that you can identify some patterns there. When I first started losing, I really needed a midmorning protein shake to feel satiated through lunch. After a while, I didn't need the midmorning snack any more, but started needing it after my afternoon workout instead.

Let us know if you can find any patterns.
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    jaweeston wrote: »
    Monday weigh in
    January week #2
    Previous wt: 200.8
    Today: 199.0

@jaweeston Congrats on arriving in one-derland! :)
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    I posted my weigh in last week. But I gues somehow it didn't get posted. Sorry. I will post for both weeks. Last week I lost 3.5 pounds and weighed in as 153 pounds.
    michellelagle
    Week: 1 (not sure if this is week 1 or 2)
    PW: 153
    CW: 154
    I am having a certain problem this week that I don't want to talk about because there are men on here. I know it's why the scale says I gained 1 pound. Definitely expecting to lose 3 pounds next week.

@michellelagle Apologies for missing your weight last week! (We can all begin to see why a co-captain is so desperately needed! )
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    @BonnieHosk85 I've sent you another pm - can you confirm if you got it?
This discussion has been closed.