TEAM: Gutbusters (January)

Replies

• LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    edited January 2019
    Happy Week 3! It's Sunday, and today I'm looking for weights from:

@BonnieHosk85 - Gotcha, and making continued progress! Way to go!
    @Dommylifts
    @Gyrl_on_A_Journey
    @Reine2019 - Good work this week!
    @WishfulThinning18

Please post using this template:
    Username
    January Week 3
    PW:
    CW:
  • LesIckaBod
    0esl3scr48jz.png

We've finished two weeks of the January challenge. How are you feeling about your progress? Let us know what's going well and/or any changes you may be thinking about making for the remainder of the month.

• jaweeston
    jaweeston Posts: 27 Member
    I have lost 50# since Dec 2017. I have now stayed within the same 4# since Nov 1st 2018. I track everyday, ( over 425 days so far). I have only missed exercise when I got my granddaughters cold. I lose 2# go back up 2#. Hints for how you guys have kicked it into gear for the next 10#. I have 20# more to lose total.
  • Gyrl_on_A_Journey
    Gyrl_on_A_Journey Posts: 21 Member
    Username: Gyrl_on_A_Journey
    Weigh in week: Jan Week 3
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Week's weight: 187.2
    Todays Weight: 186.6

Exercise- yes for about an hr/half
    Tracked-yes
    Calories- yes under limit
  • Gyrl_on_A_Journey
    Gyrl_on_A_Journey Posts: 21 Member
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    0esl3scr48jz.png

We've finished two weeks of the January challenge. How are you feeling about your progress? Let us know what's going well and/or any changes you may be thinking about making for the remainder of the month.

This challenge has definitely motivated and pushed me to the point where I can see amazing progress. It makes me want to work even harder to achieve my goals. I plan on adding more to my workout. I feel that the more I lose weight the more active I want to be so I want to push myself to see what my limits are. I amos excited to see what the remaining weeks have in store. We can do this!!!

• zimborunner
    zimborunner Posts: 527 Member
    QOTW:-
    Feel pretty good! Getting back 'into it' after over 18 months is hard, but essentially it amounts to simply changing my routine - for good. I have to be able to sustain this for ever which is why calorie counting is my go to. I've been cooking up 3 dishes per week which feeds me for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Obviously with a few changes here and there to keep it interesting. I find if I have it all right there, I don't binge. And walking almost every day, it's not hard on the body, so I have no excuses. Have a great week!
  • tnknoxt
    tnknoxt Posts: 16 Member
    Doing well. I’m being consistent about putting everything in my food dairy. So that makes me think before I mindlessly eat something.
    Exercise on point...not where I want to be but am slowly getting stronger.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    How are you feeling about your progress?

I feel very good about my progress and truly believe this group has had a large part of my success. Knowing I will need to check in keeps me on track for logging everything and for reaching the exercise goal each day. I feel in control and have more willpower than I ever dreamed of having. I wish my loss was faster, but I realize it's harder the older you are. I'll take what I get and continue to make good choices each day. Thanks for the motivation!! <3

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 30 minutes on the recumbent bike
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, went to a wedding shower today and choose wisely on the buffet (mini carrots w/ranch, 2 mini quiches and 2 small plain meatballs with no sauce) and did not have any cake or cookies.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.
  • Robandy12345
    Robandy12345 Posts: 265 Member
    @Runnerjess119 so true on finding something to do at night. My priority is to hit my Fitbit target of 10,000 steps by going on treadmill, then check for work stuff for the next day. Often this is my stressed and starts me on my eating frenzies, I started to do this online paint by number thing that is calming. Well in 2300 steps away from target so I am hitting the treadmill, Peace to all Bobby
  • Robandy12345
    Robandy12345 Posts: 265 Member
    My lifestyle has changed drastically first I just got over a bad cold, played volleyball, missed basketball, work stress is still my main challenge. Tax season has just started and I almost have both my offices staffed. Usual management issues with my usual coping mechanisms of eating as the stress increases mainly at night. This group has helped but it’s tax season! Feeling like skipping the treadmill but I ate enough documented and would like to hit both targets.
    Peace
  • stacy556
    stacy556 Posts: 25 Member
    January Week 2
    Previous Weight: 252
    Current Weight: 255 :(:(

I’ve gained a little I think it may only be water weight due to the amount of walking and exercising I’ve been doing. I’ve been doing all of the right things. :-(

Question: Did anyone have to take bread out of your diet? I reintroduced bread back last week but I heard it makes you gain more weight because of the carbs...?
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Congrats gutbusters! How am I feeling about my progress. Not very happy with progress. I haven't lost any weight since October. I now weigh all my foods instead of guesstimating, and wear a fitbit. Doesn't seem to matter if I exercise well or eat badly, eat my breastfeeding calories or don't.. . . always the same weight. I have lost 4cm around my waist in the last few months so measuring this must mean progress. Husband is also pretty despondent re not losing weight-this month he's gone running every morning. Usually I lose weight very easily, it's either breastfeeding or medicine I'm on that's affecting weight loss.. Can't work out anything else. Have to be careful to eat every food group breastfeeding so can't go vegetarian etc.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    stacy556 wrote: »
    January Week 2

I’ve gained a little I think it may only be water weight due to the amount of walking and exercising I’ve been doing. I’ve been doing all of the right things. :-(

Question: Did anyone have to take bread out of your diet? I reintroduced bread back last week but I heard it makes you gain more weight because of the carbs...?

Its perfectly fine to eat bread. Wholemeal is nice and filling. Just make sure to stay under calories. Some countries have extra sugar in their bread eg. Australian wraps are terrible, so maybe opt for something else like Lebanese bread or German bread.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Good morning,
    Hope you all have a great day!

Sunday weigh-ins for Week 3 still needed:
    @Dommylifts
    @WishfulThinning18

Monday weigh-ins for Week 3:
    @amynew4u
    @Bechoe
    @eevang
    @jaweeston
    @michellelagele
    @stacy556 – got it, thanks!
    @LesickaBod

Please post using this template:
    Username
    January Week 3
    PW:
    CW:
  • LesIckaBod
    stacy556 wrote: »
    January Week 2

@stacy556 Some people observe gluten intolerances from bread, or else a tendency to gain. For me, I notice bread doesn't leave me as full for the amount of calories it takes up, so I eat bread pretty sparingly. I sometimes make wraps using 1/2 of a Flatout flatbread, which has some protein and few enough calories that having the wrap feels like a nice alternative to other items.
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod
    January Week 3
    PW: 157.8
    CW: 156.8

Another little bit down! I've got this unrelenting cold and cough to thank for my continued loss of appetite (trying to look at the bright side). Exercise has been tough if it increases my breathing rate too much, but I'm strength training with lighter weights and doing some easy walking on the treadmill to stay active.

Good news: While I still can't really taste food, I find them at least palatable? Meaning, the texture of things like hard-boiled eggs, chicken, and steamed broccoli is tolerable again. I still find myself getting suddenly weak at times, and try to have quick carbs (usually a drink :neutral: ) to get a handle on that.

Some people have told me to expect 5-6 weeks with this cough. I'm approaching the end of week 4, so I really hope I'm getting near to the end of this.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Man, that cold/cough just won't let go, will it? I had a lingering cough after mine but it's finally gone. Congrats on the loss! Hope you're feeling back to normal soon!
  • michellelagle
    michellelagle Posts: 77 Member
    michellelagle
    Week: 3
    PW: 154
    CW: 152

Hopefully this is the start of losing my last bit of weight. Here I come 135lbs!
  • michellelagle
    michellelagle Posts: 77 Member
    Oh yes I wanna post about my progress. I'm honestly not too thrilled with it. I've been up and down since November. But I'm starting an Asian diet,which I love: eating more for breakfast and less for dinner,eating only 3 solid meals a day with no snacks, and having more soup,rice,and noodles in my diet. I need to try now and fit in time for dancing so I can exercise. I want to do it 30 minutes a day for 5 days a week. But my schedule is so tight it's hard.
  • BonnieHosk85
    @michellelagle, I have to do my bike time in the morning before I get started or it just doesn't get done. Great goal to get that in each day! Have a great Monday!
This discussion has been closed.