TEAM WEIGHT NO MORE JANUARY 2019 TEAM CHAT

Options

Replies

• eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    I am trying to take time during Sunday to plan for the upcoming week. I plan my meals, make my shopping list and plan when I am going to workout. It is not set in stone, it needs to be tweeked as the week goes by. I know that a lot of you shop and food prep on Sunday for the week ahead. I would eventually like to do that as well. If you have anything to share or any tips please let us know!

I actually do my planning and food prep twice:
    1) Friday afternoon or Saturday - very early, so that my weekend meals are all fully decided and planned
    2) Saturday morning I do that grocery run and I cook on Saturday lunchtime and into the afternoon (I love cooking though). Sometimes I'll cook again Sunday morning - so by then I have several dishes done. Then by Sunday about noon I will know what I want to cook for the rest of the week and do a second planning or second grocery run. I don't exactly "food prep" per say for work nights, I just make sure I have simpler meals planned, and that I have meals left over from my weekend cooking for when I make something for the kids that I can't eat / don't want to eat.

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Username: carlsoda
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    Week 3
    PW: 148.2
    CW: 150.2

Awe, I knew I would be up as I had too many sweet potato fries last week and we ate out one night when grandbaby was born. But I'm 100% back on track again. I'll give myself 1 week of maintenance this week (to work out all the carbs), then I should start losing again! I remember from all my years in weight watchers, the damage you did one week typically takes an extra week to show up on the scale and I believe it.

Lunches are all prepped for this week and instead of sweet potato fries I can make myself turnip fries. I love them and they are much lower carbs!!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    mws9zeeoxfcn.jpg

JANUARY WEEK 2 WINNERS...

TEAM % LOST

1st - Workout Warriors - 0.63%
    2nd - Mission Slimpossibles - 0.46%
    3rd - WaistAways - 0.42%

TEAM LBS LOST

1st - Workout Warriors - 46.7
    2nd - Mission Slimpossibles - 29.3
    3rd - WaistAways - 24.8

INDIVIDUAL % LOST

1st - @dee_toronto - 4.44%
    2nd - @mari_moulin - 3.03%
    3rd - @Sunshineplace - 3.01%

INDIVUDUAL LBS LOST

1st - @Navydaddjtc - 8.3
    2nd - @dee_toronto - 8
    3rd - @ShowKitten - 7.2

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@ShowKitten @Ashleigh1178 @Jactop
    @Navydaddjtc @WishfulThinning18
    @Astrue @Cyndiesstuff

2ay3jwz4xuql.jpg

1st - Trimstones - 880,593
    2nd - Weight No More - 823,626
    3rd - Workout Warriors - 822,368
  • eyesopennow
    eyesopennow Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    @Zumba_Luvah Far be it for me to offer suggestions to anyone the way I struggle, but one trick that worked for me was.... oatmeal. Get a tin of steel cut oatmeal and make enough for multiple servings (.25 cup dry is .75 cups cooked -- 150 calories and 4.5 grams of fiber.) Store in the fridge. When you want an evening snack, get .75 cups of oatmeal out and nuke it, stir in 10 raisins (1.5 calories a piece more or less, so 45 calories.) Add a cup of hot tea. It is filling and the raisins add enough sweet to be satisfying. And for 195 calories, you are saving a lot of calories over grazing in the fridge / pantry / candy dish / half a sandwich / let's order a pizza route.

Plus it's good for your cholesterol and adds fiber!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for: Sunday
    Logged: yes and on target but way too many carbs
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise & Steps: 60 min Leslie Sansone video and 10,145 steps

I didn't have a horrible weekend but not the best either. New day-new week! I can do this!

So we didn't place in the top three but we still had some big losers on team Weight No More
    1st place @Ashleigh1178
    2nd place @cyndiesstuff
    3rd place @hope002

Our steppers also came in 2nd place so great job!!

@mrsbell8well your meals always looks delicious!
    @cassiegetsfit2013. Our monthly cycle messes with our weight. I am glad you realized that last week and kept going! Great job!
    @cafelelia What a productive weekend! Your son is such a cutie!
    @ljdanny that is awesome that you still went to Zumba even after your late night! Sounds like you have a good plan for the week too!
    @twyla77 Wow! 45 min away! You certainly worked off that donut! Nice job! The sky looks so pretty! I am guessing that is the sunset?
    @amsandos Nice loss!! Can you believe it is week 3?! I like the way you are thinking! Slow and steady! I also think feeling “less lumpy” is a great NSV lol!
    @coolchick207 I was wondering how you were doing. I hope the move is going as well as can be expected. Good news-you lost 1.6 lbs this week!
    FYI-When you post your weekly weight follow the format
    Username
    Weigh in day
    Week
    Previous weight(the week before not starting weight)
    Current weight
    We also need the weight in pounds. No worries this week. I converted it to pounds for you. You had a great week!
    @eminater what a great idea! I plan through Friday and then wait to see what is going on. I do much better with planning. I am going to start doing the same
    @gottagetthisdown. I know when you are focused you kick butt! Do you have a plan? I know when I plan my meals and exercise I do so much better. You have done this before so I know you can do it again! Hugs!
    @carlsoda sounds like you have a plan and you are focused! Let’s have a great week!
    @eyesopenednow. What a great suggestion! I am going to try that too

• nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Logged: Yes and over
    Water: 82 oz
    Exercise & Steps: Bowflex Intervals; 5,440 steps

Yesterday was a semi-rest day. Over on calories but made smarter decisions and listened to my body. My dog Willow has a problem with her paw so we didn't walk yesterday. Soaking her foot in epsom salts seems to be helping. Dinners and exercise are entered in my calendar for the week. Feeling prepared and motivated for a good week!

@twyla77 Love your donut story. Beautiful sunrise!!

@eminator I do much better when I plan also!!

Have a great week everyone!!
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Logged: Yes and under
    Water: 50 oz
    Exercise & Steps: 10865
    14 day string on new plan

Well another successful day on my new eating plan. One change I have noticed so far is that I have more energy and much of my hunger pains I would feel have gone away. It is a lot more work tho. So yesterday, I am up early, get my walk in and then go to the grocery with the ole boy. Ours sundays always start the same. We go grocery shoppin and any other stores we need to go to bright and early in the morning. then when our running is done, we go out to breakfast. So I took @Mrsbell8well s advice and I ordered the greek salad that I love there and had it with no cheese or no dressing and I brought my own dressing from home. I worked out really nice. Then I came home and started prepping all the fruits and veggies that I bought. I had just gotten all the greens washed and started on the veggies when I get a text from my tenant. The kitchen sick is plugged and he can't get it unplugged. So side tracked, we went to my rental which is 30 minutes from the house. We couldn't get it unplugged so we went to home depot and rented a sewer snake. Home depot is 40 minutes away from my rental. Then went back and thank God, it worked also fixed a drip in the kitchen sink and set the timer on the water softener. The tenants were very thankful. But by time I got home it was 5 oclock. So the rest of my prep did not get done.

@czvanut I am so glad you are feeling the momentum of sticking to your plan. take a mental picture of how this feels. really think about it. you will be able to use this stored memory when you are feeling down .

@Zumba_Luvah what has worked for me with nite time snacking, is having good for you snacks for easy access. I also will drink flavored tea. For me, the tea works the best. It takes quite some time to drink a big cup of hot tea. and usually by time I am done. the craving has past. Snacking in the evening is just one of those bad habits that you need to break and replace with a good one. and that's just a small gain. you will get the had of it. practice makes perfect.

@nstephenson01 This is a really tough journey for sure. not for the faint of heart. I have picked myself back up many times and had to start again. But that is all part of the process. Learning from our downfalls. so no you know with the increased activity and cold weather you appetite has increase. So what are you going to do about it? you body is telling you it needs more energy. Try adding in some healthful, nutrient dense snacks. and remember to smile. you are learning how to live life with all its hills and valleys.

@carlsoda Ohhh I have had unstuffed cabbage rolls. they are yummy. I think you will like them. your little grandbaby sounds like he has stolen your heart already. isn't it wonderful. and you can rebound from that small gain. you have the right mind set and are really stong. lets start building momentum in the right direction.

@Mrsbell8well first off your mom is so cute. but she came from the generation of eat what you want, it will be fine. that was before we knew how bad it was for us and then when they did realize it was bad (if they ever did) it was to late because the damage was done. I, like you, love my food. and I am amazed at what a little ingenuity will do. lol diet food.

@CassieGetsFit2013 hey look at that loss. that is great cassie. be proud of what you have accomplished. tell yourself good job. as for the yoga mat, I just bought a cheep one. it works fine.

@twyla77 be proud that that scale moved in the right direction this week. you have really been focused. you have some great momentum going. omgosh! love your doughnut story. burn the calories for the snack you want!!

@sleepymom5 Social eating and drinking is really hard for a lot of people to understand. there is a chapter in the beck diet solution that talks about how to overcome that very thing. have you gotten that far yet? ohhh and me on a hangover is no good. I eat everything in sight. so I just quit drinking, for the most part.

@Cafelelia omgosh. he is the cutest little guy. look at his amazing smile. when he smiles his whole face lights up. and good job getting him on board with the healthly eating and prep. start them young and then when they become adults it will be habit.

@ljdanny I know your tired. this is hard to do in the best of situations. your doing great tho so don't you give up.

@amsandos less lumpy. baahahahahha! me too less lumpy is good. nice loss.

@coolchick207 that is a good loss. keep it up. the move will be over soon. and then you will have to unpack. it will always be something. ohhh and can you please weigh in in pounds? Thanks in advance.

@eminater good job on the meal prep. I agree. prepping is so very important. it is one of the major keys to success.

@gottagetthisdown ohhh man. that's okay. you got this. what are you going to do different? it helps if you write it down and post it somewhere where you can see it. need to make a plan and then execute it.

@eyesopennow that's a great idea mike. how are you doing? how is MIL?

• lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Speaking of oatmeal! I love overnight oats.

Half cup of oats, half cup of almond milk and 1-2tbsp of peanut butter powder (low calories and tastes so good)

Prepare at night, enjoy in morning.

I usually eat this on workout days as my first meal of the day. I dump some cut up banana in it too for taste or little bit of cereal sometimes.

• gottagetthisdown
    gottagetthisdown Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 @cyndiesstuff I planned my meals for the week but not the weekend, this weekend my eating was a disaster I ate out everyday, not only did I eat out but I ate fried foods and ate beyond satisfaction. Yesterday I went to a bridal expo with a friend and ate more cupcakes and cake than I have in a long time, sampling so many different things, it was bad. This week I plan to figure out my weekend meals before the weekend comes so I won't have to try so hard to stay on track. I will consume at least 80 oz of water everyday and exercise at least 4 times a week. I believe if I stick to it I will be where I want to be in no time :-). Consistency and dedication is everything.
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    @NuggetBrain great loss. keep up the hard work.

@lenka1 I do mine with coconut milk. mmmmmm...

@czvanut it always feels better when you can make it thru the weekend and still be on track.

@gottagetthisdown preplanning your week end will definitely help. I usually plan my weekend on Friday or Saturday morning.
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    Man I am so bummed. I think I ruin my food scale. last night I decide to wash it. and I think I got it wet on the inside. I was really careful but apparently not careful enough. so I won't be logging again till I get a scale. or my other one dries out. lol
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Daily check in Sunday
    Food-very good
    Water-on track
    Exercise-steps 10,096
    Yoga day 13

I finished 1 bathroom yesterday. My goal is to finish the whole house all nooks and crannies before Spring. I made 3 bean chili for tonight's dinner. I have been avoiding sore throats, viruses and the like for the last week. Molly and I using zinc lozenges at night. Yesterday I was feeling ragged. After finishing dining room and bathroom I crawled into bed. Snowy outside and warm comforters on my bed made for a good nap time. Slept 2 hours. It took awhile to get going again but it did me a world of good. Felt much better. But that also meant my steps were delayed. Had to get in over 3500 after 7pm but I did it!
    I am feeling very off balanced today. I left my Fitbit charging at home. I feel naked without it. It has me thrown. I am trying to keep moving but part of me thinks "why bother...it doesn't count if I am not tracking it"...I know...wrong attitude. I am trying to flow with that. I am hoping to get at least 5k when I get home and just say "oh well".
This discussion has been closed.