TEAM WEIGHT NO MORE JANUARY 2019 TEAM CHAT

Options

Replies

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff sending you hugs. Just remember a scale doesn't tell the whole story. I try never to let it affect me. Take an assessment on how you feel instead...are you feeling healthy inside, do you have more energy, how do your clothes feels (looser??) and take measurements. I have read that as you lose weight your fat cells fill with water and it takes a couple of weeks for it to shrink down to nothing. Use the scale as a guide and a guide only!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,448 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for: Wednesday
    Logged: Yes and under
    Water: 96oz
    Exercise & Steps: 30 min Leslie Sansone tape and 10,518 steps

Good day yesterday, I am happy I got my exercise in early as I was tired when we got home from the outlets. I stuck to my plan, I didn't eat after dinner, exercised, got my steps in. Today I have a doctor's appointment and my second PT session. I am trying to get all my appointments in before I start this new job. I am also making a baked "fried" chicken for dinner which I am hoping turns out. No reason not to have another good day!

@cyndiesstuff I know I don't have to tell you not to stress about the number on the scale. You have been doing fantastic! You have lost almost 5lbs since the beginning of January. Don't let that damn scale(or ED) derail you. Also remember, this may help with your pain so you really don't want to lose the 17 days you have invested in this plan. You got this girl!! xoxo
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,448 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Challenge . I know it is Thursday but I missed this somehow. It is a video on Intermittent Fasting. Fyi-t is over 36 min. I am going to watch but haven't gotten to yet.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10719624/week-3-challenge-intro-to-intermittent-fasting#latest
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for: Wednesday
    Logged: Yes and under
    Water: 12 cups
    Exercise: 40 min treadmill and 10 min hula-hoop
    Steps: 10,549
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    carlsoda wrote: »
    @cyndiesstuff sending you hugs. Just remember a scale doesn't tell the whole story. I try never to let it affect me. Take an assessment on how you feel instead...are you feeling healthy inside, do you have more energy, how do your clothes feels (looser??) and take measurements. I have read that as you lose weight your fat cells fill with water and it takes a couple of weeks for it to shrink down to nothing. Use the scale as a guide and a guide only!

Yes! Love what you wrote @carlsoda! I have nothing to add... sending hugs your way @cyndiesstuff.
  • Shirin_K
    Shirin_K Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    @nstephenson01 Amazing loss this week! Way to go!
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    @carlsoda I agree 100% with what you said. Its a little more difficult than that for me tho. I have chronic pain and fatigue. So it is hard for me to gage my progress that way. See I never really feel good. But it is what it is. I do take measurements. But those don't really change week to week. And I know to not put so much stock in the scale. Thanks for caring. I really do appreciate it!!

@sleepymom5 what is your new job? yeah, I know. I am not going to quit. its just nuts tho!!

@hope002 I have punched ED in the nose before too. And threatened to duct tape his mouth shut! lol great job keeping your daily goals.

@ljdanny phew! good job. movement in the right direction. keep up the tough work.

@Shirin_K another half pound is good. you are doing great!! it is a very informative article. I got a lot out of it.

@nstephenson01 ohhhh yea girl!! I am doing the happy dance all around the office!! that is amazing. good job at preplanning and prerecording. I know it really helps me. adds a little self control. and omgosh day 22 you really got a great string going nancy! keep it up! it looks good on you.
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest, I didn't do the week 3 challenge. I've been intermittent fasting for almost a year and a half now off and on now (mostly on!) and it's my favorite thing. I also listen to 1ish hour a week of the Intermittent Fasting podcast and I imagine the 80something hours of material they have covered since I started listening with episode 1 is slightly more thorough than the youtube video lol. (ifpodcast.com if anyone is interested in more information)

With my crazy schedule it helps so much to not have to think about packing ALLLL of my meals for the day the night before I work my 12 or 14 hour days. It allows me to eat larger, more satisfying meals. I don't feel guilty when I eat dinner at 10:00 at night. It makes it easier to turn down treats if you haven't "opened your window" yet. It's probably the reason I only gained back 6 of the 13 pounds I lost last year (*facepalm*)

On top of all of the reasons I like it, it apparently has a lot of health benefits that I'm assuming the video talks about. Calorie restriction being linked to longevity. Autophagy. Energy. All the things.... it works for me but I think people tend to expect too much from it as far as weight loss goes. If you want to lose weight you still have to eat at a deficit...
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    @DananaNanas I would agree that you have had far greater exposure to IF than most people. I am so glad it works for you. How are you doing Dana?

@bbcbw yah! nice loss. good job checking in. your doing great

• lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Congrats to great losses, guys!

And hugs to the ones who had been disappointed with the scale numbers.

Remember the number on that evil thing doesn’t measure real progress.

And no weigh loss is linear! It’s just not possible.

It will go down, slowly. All that matters is you are being consistent!

Hugs again <3
This discussion has been closed.