TEAM WEIGHT NO MORE JANUARY 2019 TEAM CHAT

Options

Replies

• amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    daily check in

food over (that darn cheese, thank goodness it has gone now)
    water on target
    exercise 40mins weights (an hour long session but we talked a lot)

I went for weight training with a PT yesterday. He told me I need to think Gorilla for my lifting posture. Weirdly I think it will help. This morning I had a look in the mirror and I think things are starting to shift. I am going to try and fit in a HIIT session on the exercise bike. I have a pizza evening so I am going to the gym in my lunch break to earn some calories.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff
    Yes I enjoy the water aerobics, have been doing it twice a week for about four years. It's a great group of friendly people who come each week and we have to train the new instructors to keep up with us "old folks". It's funny when they come in expecting us to be slow and weak.

As for your doctors: remember they are "practicing" - a doctor I worked for told me they are always still learning and practicing new things. We think they should know all this stuff and he able to help us when we need it but think of all the diseases with similar symptoms - I wonder that they get anything right on the first try. I have several things they've never been able to figure out so have learned to cope. I don't think I could handle severe pain for long though. Sorry you have had to.
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia woooo whoooo. that is an awesome loss. keep it up. you are certainly on the right track. and will all that organizing you are going to feel mentally uncluttered!!
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    @carlsoda ohhh congrats. new baby. so beautiful. yea and the scale is up more than likely because of sodium and stress (albeit good stess). keep up the good work. you got this gramma!!
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    @hope002 that is almost 5 pounds! amazing results. your hard work is showing. you are doing just awesome.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Daily check in for: Thursday
    Logged: Yes and under
    Water: 80 oz
    Exercise & Steps: 60 min with trainer, 20 min walking video and 10,006 steps

Whoo hoo!! 2 lbs!! I don't have a lot of time because I was so behind with all the posts. Yesterday at the trainer I realized I have a shoulder issue. It has been bothering me since before the holidays but just nagging, nothing bad. I couldn't do pushups, planks or lift anything above my head. I guess it is time to call the doctor and get it checked out. It was weird that it was painful when it is just more of an awareness or very slight pain otherwise. I just don't want to make it worse. Other wise, I haven't been as good as I would like to have been this week but am ready to do a little more now that I am feeling better. I am not so exhausted anymore but now it is hitting me in the evening, which is better but that is why I haven't been commenting at night as consistently or getting my steps in. Looking forward to a great weekend. Hoping to get a lot done. I am making sesame chicken tonight over riced cauliflower . Hopefully it will be good. I didn't want to make that yesterday as I was sure my weight would be up today from the sodium Lol! Have a great day everyone!!

@amsandos It is awesome that you are in that Triathlon club! I would think that would be a great way to push yourself. I guess you can’t miss much or slack off when you are there. Don’t worry about where you are with the others on the team, just continue to challenge yourself!
    @shirin_k nice loss! Sounds like you are in a good routine and doing great!
    @dananananas. Thanks for the birthday wishes xoxo
    @mrsbell8well I can relate to the whole dieting mentality I don’t want to be in. I actually think this is the first time I don’t feel like this is a short term thing. This is the new way that I am eating and exercising. You’re right! We can do this! That is awesome! I leave 1/22-1/27 to see my Mom. I love Lula Mae in her red jacket!!
    @nstephenson01 That basically is a maintain. It would be a loss most likely if you didn’t have to factor in your monthly cycle. You are doing well so don’t let the scale get you down!! You can do this!
    @carlsoda. Congratulations Grandma!! How exciting!! That is so funny that your husband and I share the same birthday down to the year! Great day and year to have a birthday! Does the CBD oil really help? Hope you are feeling better soon.
    @cyndiestuff awesome loss! I really would love for my Mom to be by one of us but she flat out refused. She is in a really nice place down there but up here she wouldn’t be able to afford such a nice place. She is not going to be happy about the move but she needs more care so it has to be done. I saw A Star Is Born. It was good! They couldn’t see the arthritis before? Ugh! At least you know. Maybe they need to X-ray the hips too? Maybe that is arthritis as well. I am hoping this eating plan helps you, like I said, I hear it takes a while to see results but I have heard the results are amazing!
    @pacsnc6. Sounds like you are doing well! Great job!
    @cafelelia I am glad everyone is starting to feel better over there!
    @ljdanny. Yes I agree with Cyndie. That is a maintain. You have been doing great so far. Keep it going! You’ll show a loss!
    @phoebe112476. Where do you get your recipes! That looks so good. The crust makes me a little nervous (making it not eating it). Don’t you love when you can eat healthy and it feels like a treat!
    @twyla77 Doesn’t it feel good when you push through even when you don’t want to? Great job! Last day of the work week-hope it is better than yesterday!
    @lenka1 What a great feeling to look back and see how successful you have been and that it made a difference with your pain! You are an inspiration!
    @czvanut I bet pretty soon if you skip a day, you will miss it! Be proud, you are doing great!
    @amsandos- I was going to say to throw out the cheese! Glad it is gone. Lol! You remind me of me(remember those chocolate pretzels I couldn’t stay away from) I love how each day you have planned your workouts and also adjust your eating. You really have your head in the game! Great job!
    @cafelelia Nice loss! I imagine it is hard to adjust when something worked for you in the past and you can’t do it anymore. Hang in there. Thanks for the update with your organizing! I am hoping to start this weekend!
    @lennoncpa That isn't bad at all. Pretty much a maintain. Don't let it get you down. You are doing great!
    @hope002 Amazing loss! Great job!!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    @lennoncpa that is just a small gain. keep up the hard work. you know how to do this. it just gets so much harder the closer you get to goal.

@sleepymom5 yayayayay! doing the happy dance. that is a great loss. And the last doctor I went to did xray and mri of my hip and it does have arthritis in it but a very small about. not enough to make me limp like I do. So like I told these doctors in the middle somewhere. I think it is more that one thing causing my pain. And I had xrays and mris of my back and next back in 2011. which showed some small amount of arthritis. Back then they said that the amount of pain I was in was not all caused by the arthritis. so they never looked at it again. I am so angry with the doctor that said there was nothing more he could do. why didn't he ask for xrays? he is a rheumatologist for crying out loud.

@Mrsbell8well I love the movie chair. her posts are so wonderful. I have read every one of them. and I know exactly what your saying about he cute clothes. when I put on my work clothes this morning, I thought, "Dang girl, your smoking!"
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    @DananaNanas that's a good loss. I know it isn't what it was but the scale can be so fickle. Don't let it change you mood. you just keep smiling! you got this.
This discussion has been closed.