TEAM WEIGHT NO MORE JANUARY 2019 TEAM CHAT

Options

Replies

• Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I seem to have a hard time at night with snacking. Any tips on how I can get better control of that?
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for: Saturday
    Logged: Yes and over
    Water: 82 oz
    Exercise & Steps: 30 minutes strength training, 30 minute dog walk (day 18 of my exercise streak); 11,187 steps

Still working on getting my eating under control. I think the cold weather and increased activity has a lot to do with my poor decisions and lack of willpower. Picked up my shattered pieces of motivation and glued them back together. As they say... today's a great day for a great day.

What a wonderful day you had yesterday @cyndiesstuff!! Thanks for sharing. Big hugs to you. I added my steps to the challenge link.

Whoo hoo @czvanut!! Keep dancing... it burns calories!!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,421 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

Yesterday was a mixed day, not enough water, calories really low but carbs too high. Today is a new day 😁

I did get all my grocery shopping and today I am going to make unstuffed cabbage rolls low carb version for my lunches. Yum I love regular cabbage rolls so we will see how this turns out! I need to get more stricter with my carbs weight is creeping up...need to catch it now! We are also going to go see baby today! He is doing so well and has already changed...he has cute pink cheeks now 😁 I know he is calling for grandma and grandpa to visit,

@cyndiesstuff - amazing day yesterday! What a wonderful son and husband 😁
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Dining room done. And gorgeous snow out!
    lwnxmaub28o3.jpeg
    9k9d7xfiwbpb.jpeg
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff yes let’s open that restaurant! Really proud of your choices.
    @czvanut I did a sneak peak too. I’m also down. Hoping too that Wednesday is good for both of us. It’s encouraging.
    Our health is so important. I now make sure I am prepared anywhere I go. Sometimes you have to bring your own food or bring a dish to contribute so you always have something tasty to eat.
    My mom was chatting at me yesterday that I’m no longer eating “fun” food. She would truly rather die than give up fried foods, sweets and fast food. (She is on dialysis).
    I thought about this. That is why you see so many of my delicious food pics. My goodness...my food is sooooo fun!!!! And beautiful and delicious and nutritious. I made a promise to myself when I started this journey that I would not feel deprived or left out. I eat better than anyone around me. Mrs. Bell does eat well!
    Staying well stocked and pampering yourself with delicious food and beverages goes a long way to keeping us on track. It’s terrible to feel hungry and deprived. I’m living proof that you can eat lots of wonderful food and lose weight.
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Can anyone here recommend a good yoga mat? I can't find the one my Uncle let me have a long time ago and I'm impatient so I'd rather order another. There's one I want. But it's around $60-70 which is really out of my budget so cheaper would be better, as long as it's still a good mat. I found a plain one that I can get in purple, for $15. Almost 5 stars with over 9,000 reviews. It's hard when there are negative reviews, but then so many good reviews, hard to know what to do then. Get it or not...I'm an Amazon addict so I'd prefer to get it from there if I can, plus 2 day free shipping, can't beat that. 😋
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for: Saturday
    Logged: No and over
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise & Steps: 30 min on stationary bike and 30 min on elliptical and only 7,438 steps

I was so bummed my steps were under yesterday. I guess my two exercises yesterday just didn't add up to a lot of steps. I didn't do well with the dinner party with the drinking. My glass was always full without me even noticing so it was hard to keep track and I drank way too much. Dinner wasn't too bad, a bowl of butternut squash soup and a pork sandwich. I only had a half and then a small amount of ice cream for dessert. I would have done well except for the alcohol. Then, to top it off, I feel awful today. It took me a while to get going today but it won't ruin my day. I still plan to exercise and get right back on track. That is all for today. I am going to bunco at a friend's house Friday and she is another one who fills up the glasses and you don't realize it. I am going to have to ask her not to do it. She won't care, she is a sweetie. Let's end the weekend right everyone! Have a great day!

I don’t know how I missed so many posts yesterday! I guess I didn’t refresh after I posted.
    @zumba_luvah Thanks for checking in. Don’t let the scale frustrate you. I have a problem with snacking later too. I am working on resisting. The more you resist, the easier it becomes. Just follow your plan and don’t give up! You got this!
    @shirin_k I have had one meal throw me off. Get yourself back on track ASAP. Glad you got your exercise in before you left for your parents!
    @fieryVixsin Nice loss! Hope things are going well!
    @cafelelia I love your goals for 2019! I am still in the reading and watching the show phase but I am hoping I can start today or tomorrow. I love how she is sweet and positive. No tough love or tearing people down like some of those reality shows do.
    @lovemickeymouse. Nice loss!
    @mrsbell8well your kitchen is pretty! Always love to see Lula Mae! Glad that you were able to get your running in before the snow. You completed week 1 of the C25K I believe! Great job! Love all your pics too! Hope Molly’s moms condition starts to improve. She’s has a rough time.
    @czvanut when I don’t know I try to overestimate too. When those occasions come up I just do the best I can. It is nice when you can see you have more endurance. That’s shows how hard you have been working! Glad your “sneak peek” was good! Hope you enjoy brunch with your friends.
    @twyla77 great day and amazing steps! And nice loss!
    @cyndiesstuff you are so productive! What wonderful stories yesterday with your son and fiancé. So sweet! Maybe you can find out where that chef went to. It would be nice for you to be able to enjoy a meal without having to make it for a change
    @nstephenson01 I actually have a little sign at the shore that says “today is a great day for a great day”! I know you have been having a hard time but it seems like you are turning things around. You can do it!
    @carlsoda those cabbage rolls sound yummy! Enjoy seeing the little one!! So exciting!
    @cassiegetsfit2013. Amazing loss! I know you were struggling this week too. Hope this week is better. Just make small increases in your steps and water so you aren’t overwhelmed. You can do this! I can’t help with the yoga mat. I will let all the yoga people help you with that. I love Amazon too! Lol!

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    ijz9jm178zp9.jpeg

I am trying to take time during Sunday to plan for the upcoming week. I plan my meals, make my shopping list and plan when I am going to workout. It is not set in stone, it needs to be tweeked as the week goes by. I know that a lot of you shop and food prep on Sunday for the week ahead. I would eventually like to do that as well. If you have anything to share or any tips please let us know!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff that is the sweetest story ever about Jim and Josh. How blessed you are. Thanks for sharing.
    @CassieGetsFit2013 Great job on your loss.
    Buy the $15 yoga mat. Sounds like good reviews. Some people like to use tea tree oil to clean them. I’m wanting to get some. I bought my mat at Ross. Time for a new one but I’m happy I got a year from it. Hmmmm I may have to ck out the one your getting.
    @sleepymom5 sorry to hear about the alcohol situation. I know people are trying to be generous and your s kind hearted person. Maybe you can bring Perrier one night and skip the drink just to see what that’s like. I was a big whiskey girl along w beer and wine. I don’t miss it all as much as I thought I would. Especially nice to be peppy the next day when everyone has hangovers.
    @nstephen01 I’m sending you some of my motivation. You can do this!!!
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 Thanks, I'm glad I had a good loss, just shows TOM was probably cause for last weeks small gain, but was on TOM most of this week so good that I didn't see another gain! Will try to increase steps, & water, thinking I really need to do some of those walking videos you do since I know I'm not going outside. To wimpy for the cold! Yes, Amazon is great! Hehe.

@Mrsbell8well That food looks really good and I love your menu board! I think I will purchase the $15 yoga mat, they have a lot of nice colors, I'll probably get the purple. With so many reviews at over 9k and with half a star away from 5 it makes the negative reviews count less so just gotta hope when mine gets here that it will fall under a good review and be a good one! (:
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did 5 mile Leslie sansone walking video and then probably ruined it last night by going out. We got home really late and of course my internal clock had me up really early. So I barely had any sleep. I did get up and head to my Zumba class. Now I have done nothing all day and it's almost 5. I wish my body would say of you go to bed late you sleep late.

My plan for this week is...
    get up and get my workout in
    Drink plenty of water
    Have all my meals ready to go the night before

@cyndiesstuff it syndrome is a ligament that runs down your thigh to your knee and can become enflamed. It is the shortened version.
This discussion has been closed.