Exercise: yes
  • empire5
    empire5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Daily post - 21st January
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 45 minutes at the gym

Anyone else have members of their household who are also logging their food intake?
    My husband decided to join MFP 10 days ago so there's literally no junk food in the house to be tempted by now.
    On the downside he's a man-child when it comes to learning new things so needs lots of help while he works it all out. :D;)
  • Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Daily post 01/21. Monday
    Track- yes
    Calories- under
    Exercise-no intentional exercise, but work was very hard physically today. I hit 10,000 steps before lunch. 16000 for the day, along with all lot of upper body hard work. I let myself sit on the recliner for the evening and do some handwork.
  • rekvar12
    rekvar12 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    empire5 wrote: »
    Daily post - 21st January
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 45 minutes at the gym

Anyone else have members of their household who are also logging their food intake?
    My husband decided to join MFP 10 days ago so there's literally no junk food in the house to be tempted by now.
    On the downside he's a man-child when it comes to learning new things so needs lots of help while he works it all out. :D;)

Not household exactly, but my fiancé who lives in another city uses it sometimes. So we do much healthier stuff when we meet up now. Also his workout updates motivated me a bit (I didn't want him to look too good next to me :p).
  • Starshine15
    Starshine15 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Hey, Captain @mram3582 ...how about a question of the week? I tried to think of one, but yours are so much better!
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day ..Tues
    last week...192.5
    This week....192.5 lbs
    Options
    @empire5, yes, my daughter and I joined mfp a little over 6 years now. 2 years ago I lost approx 50 lbs. We both eat the same foods that are prepared at home but she eats more junk than I. She has been losing the same few lbs over and over ever since. I have been logging every day, and she does hers whenever she feels like doing. This goes to show that every one is different.
    Options
    @evangsimmons170, You can also check out" Mrs Dash Spices". Sold at most supermarkets.
  • mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Hey, Captain @mram3582 ...how about a question of the week? I tried to think of one, but yours are so much better!

OK here it goes...mainly because I am really curious about my expectations now vs. what is ACTUALLY going to happen. Mini Challenge: Question of the week: What are your EXPECTATIONS of what weight loss/getting in shape is going to do for you? I've seen people complain that it is harder to shop for clothes or that people treat you nicer/meaner, etc. So I want to know the difference between what I THINK it is going to be like and what happens when I actually make it there.
  • mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Question of the week: I am expecting weight loss to enhance my mobility, flexibility and stamina (so far it HAS done that). I am not expecting to look better naked for sure (my belly button already looks sad). I AM expecting to be able to shop in any store that I want to. I am also expecting the relationship with my mom to deteriorate more. I am hoping against all hope that this is not the case, but she continues to make bad comments about my weight loss, bring in "spite food" (our favorite junk food that we won't eat any of it because if we eat even one we are called fat *kitten*) every time she visits and tell everyone how much weight she has lost. I AM also expecting my body to hold out a little bit longer as I get older. Time will tell if my expectations are reality, so I will keep this to refer back to when I reach my goal.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    12774 wrote: »
    @evangsimmons170, You can also check out" Mrs Dash Spices". Sold at most supermarkets.

Thanks, but I've tried different Mrs. Dash products but don't like them. I had a DUH moment yesterday and remembered that I had a "recipe" for a "season all" type seasoning that simply combines about 15 or more spices together with not a speck of salt and it's wonderful. I don't know how I forgot about that. I've already got the spices; I'll put it together tonight. Woo hoo! :smiley:
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    mram3582 wrote: »
    Question of the week: I am expecting weight loss to enhance my mobility, flexibility and stamina (so far it HAS done that). I am not expecting to look better naked for sure (my belly button already looks sad). I AM expecting to be able to shop in any store that I want to. I am also expecting the relationship with my mom to deteriorate more. I am hoping against all hope that this is not the case, but she continues to make bad comments about my weight loss, bring in "spite food" (our favorite junk food that we won't eat any of it because if we eat even one we are called fat *kitten*) every time she visits and tell everyone how much weight she has lost. I AM also expecting my body to hold out a little bit longer as I get older. Time will tell if my expectations are reality, so I will keep this to refer back to when I reach my goal.

Wow, I'm so sorry that your mom is not supportive of your accomplishments. Hats off to you for being strong and sticking to your convictions. Your MFP family has your back! :smiley:
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    Has anyone found a good spice or herb that tastes great on practically everything and could be used instead of salt? That the #1 nutrient I struggle with the most. I don't like artificial/processed foods or spices, so I was hoping to find something wholesome and 'real'.

I have loads of spices and herbs (without salt and artificial stuff) but if I had to choose one, it would be "pizza herbs" . Its almost like normal Italian herbs but the oregano doesn't take over too much, so you can actually eat it on eggs, most vegetables, in homemade bread (!), sauces, .. (I'm vegetarian but my partner says it's good on meat too..)

Thanks @spinnerkind :smile:
  • mrs1spy
    mrs1spy Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Daily post

Track: yes
    Under: no
    Exercise: 20 minutes weights and 30 minutes treadmill
    Goal: I've got very busy and stressful week at work so can't control my food as good as I was doing last two weeks. So the goal is get back to the right path
  • rekvar12
    rekvar12 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Daily post 22.01.19

Tracked
    Calories - under, 220 left net.
    Exercise - 7km walk
  • ghy5
    ghy5 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    1/22 SW 1O7.4
    PW=188.8
    Tracked= yes
    Calories=yes
    Exercise=yes
    Options
    Daily Post Jan/22
    Track..Yes
    Cal....Under. 2nd day without having any junk. Staying out of the kitchen as soon as I have finished eating my dinner.
    Exercise....Treadmill 30 mins.
  • Starshine15
    Starshine15 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Tues, 1/22
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: No
This discussion has been closed.