@LaurieWrobo
    @roderickfung
    @ssummerlin80
    @suzabelle522

STEPS NEEDED
    @runraineyrun Sunday/Monday/Tuesday
    @iamworthy14 Monday

IN DANGER OF BEING DROPPED
    @angelakauffman19 -- starting weight needed and regular weigh in Friday.
    Musts have a response by Saturday.

PW: 163.3
    CW: 162.3
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,261 Member
    This week has been challenging with my knee, but I did some stretching and ab work this morning and it seemed to help!! Have a great Wednesday!!😘
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    TEAM LEADERSHIP CHANGE

As many of you know, Greg aka @Navydaddjtc, Captain of Workout Warriors and Mod, has been ill the last few weeks. He will be having surgery in the near future and has asked for help.

Our @melissafeagins has stepped up and agreed to captain the Warriors in Greg’s absence. Let’s all give a big shout out to Melissa for stepping up to the plate and helping our sister team!!!

THANK YOU MELISSA!!!!!

I reserve the right to visit and motivate here, but I am happy to help out with the Warriors.

We stole her back! LOL :o:D:p
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Sorry I have been MIA the last day.
    I have had a lot of chest pains so went to urgent care and hospital yesterday. They ruled out a heart attack. They think I should get a mammogram due to family history.
    I saw my family doctor today and he thinks I just tore/pulled a piece of cartilage in my chest and prescribed a steroid and said I just have to suffer through it for 6-12 weeks. UGH
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    edited February 2019
    boehle wrote: »
    I have had a lot of chest pains so went to urgent care and hospital yesterday. They ruled out a heart attack. They think I should get a mammogram due to family history.
    I saw my family doctor today and he thinks I just tore/pulled a piece of cartilage in my chest and prescribed a steroid and said I just have to suffer through it for 6-12 weeks. UGH

Sorry - I know that doesn't feel to good and really doesn't help you when it comes to running... I am glad it wasn't anything serious...

If it makes you feel any better, you are not alone... I have Tennis Elbow which is basically a tear in the tendons that connect the muscles of the arm to the bone of the elbow. I have to wear an elbow band for a while. Man does it hurt, especially when picking things such as cups up to drink.
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    @Beka3695 sorry my steps tracking is not the most consistent as I just use my phone, yet often put it down!

2/3 8813
    2/4 4172
    2/5 834 (see: must have had my phone on the table instead of on me for too much of this day. It was a quiet day at home but should still have been four digits).
    2/6 10,029

So for backup only - I see a few people have been hit by illness, and hope they get better soon :smile:
  • ssummerlin80
    ssummerlin80 Posts: 122 Member
    ssummerlin80
    Week 1
    SW 174
    CW 173.8

I just got back from being a the NC Junior Beta Convention with my daughter for three days. It was a chaotic event with slam packed schedules and not a lot of good food options, but somehow I managed to end this week with a (very small) loss. I did use the stairs instead of the elevator nearly the entire time I was there (room was on the 8th floor) and I got up Tuesday morning and went to the hotel fitness center for an hour.

I weigh in the mornings usually and didn't have my scale with me, so my CW is from this evening. I'm hoping that in the morning my actual loss will be more, but I'll let that show for next week. :)

My goals for this week:
    *Walk at lunchtime as many days as possible and continue going to the gym every morning at 5:30.
    *Eat at least two meatless meals this coming week.
    *Pay more attention to my sugar intake this week.
  • SapanPan
    SapanPan Posts: 139 Member

Steps challenge
    2/6: 7533
  • ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    boehle wrote: »

Ouch that sounds awful. Hope you’re doing ok!

• ShowKitten
    I’ve changed my diet from yesterday. Should be interesting to see how it goes. I was doing keto, so it’s very weird to be starting the day with some overnight oats... very tasty though. Shall see what the week brings.
  • SapanPan
    edited February 2019
    @ShowKitten What is your opinion about Keto. Did it help you reach your goals? I always wanted to do Keto, but it is very tough to stay within 50g of carbs for vegetarians. Btw, overnight oats 👍.
  • ShowKitten
    SapanPan wrote: »
    @ShowKitten What is your opinion about Keto. Did it help you reach your goals? I always wanted to do Keto, but it is very tough to stay within 50g of carbs for vegetarians. Btw, overnight oats 👍.

I really liked keto, in 2017 I lost 50 lbs on it. My main problem is that I love vegetables so I found it hard not eating a lot of carrots etc. I've switched off it this year as I have new medication which is giving me a lot of stomach issues and a lot of the foods I liked eating on keto are aggravating this - I actually looked about 9 months pregnant last week - so Ive switched to Slimming World so I can up my vegetables. Plus, this lets me have little treats if I put them as 'syns'. The last part of Jan I went over on carbs and thought "feck it" and went totally off the wagon and had everything.

Keto is great if you don't cheat. If you don't do it 100% it doesn't really work.
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Steps challenge

2/5: 10181
    2/6: 8934

Huge hugs to everyone having troubles this week. My mother's bf has really swollen legs and he fell down twice yesterday. We had to call an ambulance. The first responders got him up and sitting, which was a huge relief for him. By the time I headed home, he was finally eating something and keeping his legs elevated. He had gone to see his doctor on Monday and will be going again today or tomorrow. They're waiting on bloodwork and for the meds he's taking to take effect. To top of off, I had spent 6 hours on the road picking up my friend post-surgery and bringing her back to her place. I had to leave her abruptly to drive to my mom's bf's house. Thankfully my friend has her mother with her so I didn't have to race back there. It was quite the day yesterday.
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Assets, are you motivated? Because I have 2 minutes to say:

GET 'ER DONE!!!!!
  • Step Challenge:
    02/03 6,416
    02/04 8,802
    02/05 5,313
    02/06 6,370
  • RedStickdad
    RedStickdad Posts: 156 Member
    edited February 2019
    Redstickdad
    week 1 Thursday
    PW 335
    CW 327.8

Step Challenge
    2/05 - 10, 357
    2/06 - 11,265
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    edited February 2019
    WEIGH IN REMINDERS

OVERDUE
    @PVS1712
    @cmbarbato71
    @grizziegriz
    @Appletonium
    @roderickfung
    @suzabelle522

Due today
    @MarilynTC
    @RunRaineyRun - I need your steps, too

All weights and steps above have been logged
  • amlw17
    amlw17 Posts: 24 Member
    Afternoon assets!

Steps challenge:
    2/6 4580
  • SapanPan
    ShowKitten wrote: »
    SapanPan wrote: »

I really liked keto, in 2017 I lost 50 lbs on it. My main problem is that I love vegetables so I found it hard not eating a lot of carrots etc. I've switched off it this year as I have new medication which is giving me a lot of stomach issues and a lot of the foods I liked eating on keto are aggravating this - I actually looked about 9 months pregnant last week - so Ive switched to Slimming World so I can up my vegetables. Plus, this lets me have little treats if I put them as 'syns'. The last part of Jan I went over on carbs and thought "feck it" and went totally off the wagon and had everything.

Keto is great if you don't cheat. If you don't do it 100% it doesn't really work.

50lb, that is awesome. I have to loose 21lb before August. My main issue is I have high% of body fat. Given my heavy cardio training, I am struggling to loose the fat. I have started to eat more protein and less carbs(100g net carbs) and hoping that it will help me shed some fat during the pre season before major training kicks in.
This discussion has been closed.