Abstinence Check in

Options

Replies

• nancygrateful
    nancygrateful Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi @GrokRockStar is your name Felicia? I think I saw that at the bottom of one of your posts. I can't find a message from you in my gmail account, spam or inbox here on MFP. I sent you a message via MFP. I hope you get it.
  • nancygrateful
    Options
    Going to my regular Friday F2F meeting. I'm looking forward to it. Often there is a speaker. I'm watching my sodium trying to keep it right around 1500 per the doctor to bring down slightly elevated BP. Losing the excess weight should also make a big difference. I am not at a point where I need medication and I am trying to avoid that. A little too much sodium in my food plan today, closer to 2200. I need to let this go for today. Most days it is around 1500. I'll give it God and relax. I am sure overall it is a whole lot better than when I was not tracking it on MFP. Happy abstinent evening!
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    Hi @GrokRockStar is your name Felicia? I think I saw that at the bottom of one of your posts. I can't find a message from you in my gmail account, spam or inbox here on MFP. I sent you a message via MFP. I hope you get it.

Yes, it's Felicia and I responded to your MFP message, I also shared my email outside of MFP. Thanks for reaching out!
  • GrokRockStar
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Going to my regular Friday F2F meeting. I'm looking forward to it. Often there is a speaker. I'm watching my sodium trying to keep it right around 1500 per the doctor to bring down slightly elevated BP. Losing the excess weight should also make a big difference. I am not at a point where I need medication and I am trying to avoid that. A little too much sodium in my food plan today, closer to 2200. I need to let this go for today. Most days it is around 1500. I'll give it God and relax. I am sure overall it is a whole lot better than when I was not tracking it on MFP. Happy abstinent evening!

You've given yourself great advice, let it go to your HP, as it is in the past and not in your control. You can do better tomorrow and be mindful of it. I had to let go of daily logging of my menu because it was becoming more of an obsession, so I had to let it go. Now I only log occassionally to check in to make sure my macros are in check. It's easy for me because I pretty much eat the same thing every day.
    Have a good night!
  • babettehaggerty
    babettehaggerty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say Hi! I have four days of abstinence and I’m brand new.
  • SenchaJill
    SenchaJill Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Hello All - I’m checking in at the end of my day. I’m grateful for a path of abstinence, that, with the help of a HP, I can choose to walk. I’m done with food for today.
    I wish you all a good evening!
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    @babettehaggerty - WELCOME!
    What a relief to know that we need not walk this road of recovery alone. I’m glad you introduced yourself!
    - Jill
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Hello all, committing to my recovery, just for today. I’m still fighting a cold and feeling blah. I’m hoping for some relief soon!
    Wishing you all a great, abstinent day!
  • nancygrateful
    Options
    Happy road to destiny ... busy weekend for me. Thankful for my food plan and the willingness to take time today in the am to pray, read and write. I had to change up my plan for food today but it all worked out. I am so grateful to not be rigid yet be able to have the tool of a food plan fully support my having a losing abstinence today. Peace and love, Nancy
  • nancygrateful
    Options
    Happy abstinent day! Late in getting my full food plan on paper, now completed. Whew - better when I write it all before I start my day. Just getting to my reading and writing and more deliberate praying. However, did pray for my abstinence first thing. :)
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Good evening, everyone - I’m checking in at the end of this abstinent day. I’m feeling relieved to be walking this road of recovery, one step at a time.
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Good morning!
    I’m pledging my commitment to my recovery today. It seems a miracle that my cravings for sugar have been removed as I continue to work to keep my recovery front and center in my life.
    Here’s wishing you all a lovely, abstinent day!
  • nancygrateful
    Options
    I'm under the weather but answered prayer for my losing abstinence today and the tools of this program. I am grateful for my daily reprieve from this disease and the gift of my HP's boundless grace. Happy Abstinence!
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    @nancygrateful, sorry to hear that you're under the weather, I'm finally getting over my cold.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    End of the day check-in, reflecting on my recovery. I am grateful to be abstinent, just for today!
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Committing to my recovery, just for today, by the grace of my HP. I'm still fighting this dang cold and now on meds, but I'm grateful to be cared for.
    Wishing everyone a great, abstinent day!
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Good morning! I'm pledging to remain abstinent for the next 24 hours. I haven't been engaging in program lately, due to being sick, but I'm able to get a little Big Book reading in. I'm keeping it short and sweet and wishing you all a great, abstinent day!
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    End of day check in and grateful to remain abstinent by the grace of my HP. I’m still fighting this darn cold and headed back for more rest.
    Wishing you all a great, abstinent evening!
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Good morning - I’m pledging my re-commitment to my recovery. When my life gets busier, I find myself struggling to put myself, namely my recovery, first.
    Today I will attempt to keep my abstinence front and center - just for today.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Another day of recovery I am focusing on, although I'm still sick. Now my hubby is sick, so I'm dealing with a sick household. Well, I'm off back to bed. I hope you are all having a great, abstinent day!