TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (March)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
edited February 2019 in Social Groups
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215 or Craig @craigo3154 .

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Hello, team The Big Butt Theory! Welcome to March and a special welcome to the newcomers. Please take a moment to introduce yourselves to the team, and tell us a little bit about your goals for the month.

Hi, my name is Lisa and I am your captain for March along with Pam, @pkg1998. I have been with The Big Butt Theory for about a year and a half now. I am 52, a Canadian living in Southern Ontario, married 27 years and have two grown sons.

Being involved with this group helps to at least keep my head above water, when I am struggling!! If you are struggling, it can help you, too. So, the more you interact, the more you will feel the team's support.

A little about this challenge.....it runs Sunday to Saturday. Post your weigh-in on this thread on your chosen weigh-in day. If you need to miss a weigh-in, let me know. If you forget to post a weigh-in, post as soon as you remember, up until Saturday evening. (I'd say Saturday at midnight, EST, but I am not up that late!) Please post a weight even if you have gained. There is no judgement here, only support, and it happens to all of us at some point!! If you miss two weigh-ins, you will be removed from the month and will have to re-register for the next month if you wish to continue.

Yes, this is a weight loss challenge, but I would like you to think of it more as a support group. Sometimes, you can do all the right things, but the scale just doesn't move. If you have taken measurements you will be able to see that you are making progress, just not contributing to the team's weight loss. But we don't want you to despair, or leave, if this happens, thus the focus on the "support" aspect!

We are all here for the same reason....to lose weight and get healthy. Some days will go better than others....weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint, after all!! But with the support of this team, and some hard work, we can all make it to the finish line!

Have a great March everyone!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hello again, team TBBT. The March Challenge doesn't officially start until Sunday, March 3rd, but I thought I'd give you some more information so that you can be ready to jump in with both feet! Within the main weight loss challenge we have another optional, but highly recommended, challenge. It is called the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, or the Mini Challenge. It is based on another MFP challenge group by the same name, or UAC.

The way it works is simple:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice)

****When you post your accountability, please put the date, or the day of the week to which you are referring. We are all in different time zones, and some people post in the evening for that day, and others post the next morning, so it gets confusing trying to decipher without a day or date. Thanks!!!*****

You get one free pass day a week (went over calories, could not log food, rest day, etc.) At the end of the week, if you have managed to be "accountable" for at least 6 of 7 days, you will be recognized on this thread as being in the Winner's Circle!

This strategy works for weight loss because it is based on CI<CO. When calories in are less than calories out, you stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget, and you will lose weight! And exercise is just good for you, plus it will burn calories and help with the calories out portion of the equation!

What's great about this challenge is that it works for everyone, as long as you are honest with yourself. There are no dietary restrictions, so you can eat whatever you like, and follow whatever plan you like. Your own daily calorie budget is set by you and MFP and you choose your own exercise and intensity of exercise! Plus it is a practice that can be carried beyond weight loss into maintenance! If you are having a bad week, a new week and a fresh start is just around the corner!

Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss. Why not make the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge your new habit, that you do consistently!!

Week #1 for the Mini Challenge starts Sunday, March 3rd!
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Hello new and old friends. I am Erik, 37 years old. Originally from Philadelphia, now in the Philly suburbs in NJ.
    Struggled with weight since high school. Points in my life I got in great shape and then let it all go, back and forth.
    December 2017 I weighed 275.5. The first 9 months of 2018 I was on a roll and dropped 30 lbs. Then I got stuck. Also put on about 7 lbs over the holidays. And I’m still stuck. I can’t seem to find that motivation and commitment I had for those first nine months last year. Thankfully I am not gaining weight. I still track food and go to the gym regularly. But I think my efforts must be minimal because I cannot lose weight.
    Anyway, I leave for an all inclusive vacation this Saturday March 2nd for 8 days. Right now I am in maintain mode and am hoping to find that spark when I get back home.
    A lot of people in this group and personal life have suggested Intermittent Fasting. I have been reading up on that and plan to apply that a week after my return.
  • eatingfoodles
    eatingfoodles Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    So I kind of bailed mid-January...but I'd like to come back!

SORRY ABOUT THAT. I haven't given up, but the start of a new (very busy) semester and the dreaded plateau meant I hid from MFP. I have over 400 notifications :# Oops!

I've been hovering in the 164-166 range and it has been SO FRUSTRATING, but I'm really pushing to get through this wall.

So if it's cool to come back, I can list an official starting weight tomorrow! Hope you all have been doing well!

@HASWLRS (Am I supposed to tag you? I dunno :D )
  • lozenger1984
    lozenger1984 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I had a pretty good February, hit my first target at about 105lbs down. Aiming for another 14 or so then maintainence. I’ve started the serious looking at wedding dresses now!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,838 Member
    Options
    I’m Jackie from Washington State, I’m looking to lose about 15. I’m in a couple other challenges the Hogwarts and GoT too. Both of those, their format is more exercise so since I’m struggling right now with eating. this challenge, it’s a great way for me to have some accountability.

Plus in June my daughter and I are running a half marathon, I’m starting to get back into running. I love the concept of this challenge, logging regularly would definitely help.
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Krystal. Ive lost 40 lbs over the past 2.5 - 3 years and at 173lbs and 5'4" I still have some work to do. My preferred method of weight loss has been the ketogenic diet(after much research and trial and error) My latest deep dive into this lifestyle has been by far the most successful since my brother and sister in law decided to join in with me and also since ive finally got the knack for logging food into MFP. This challenge seemed like the natural next step for me and I've also signed up for the Ultimate Accountability Challenge someone mentioned above. Im so excited to have a whole team of support!
  • ChiaGnome
    ChiaGnome Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Wow, I didn't realize that hitting "done" in the mobile app takes you to the home screen. There goes my thoughtful, long-winded self-introduction!

I used to be 220lbs. Dropped to 150. Life, yadda yadda, now I'm 169. It's my diet. My goal is 150 by July when I go to France, so my first goal is 160 by May. 9 lbs in 9 weeks.

Let's do this!
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am Sara from Wisconsin. I am a 47 yr old mom of 3 adults and a nana to a 5 year old who lives with us every other week. I also work full time in special education nd couldnt love my job more than I do.
    I have been on and off the weight loss wagon about 900million months (my whole adult life). In December I had a dr appt and my blood pressure and blood test results came back a little scary so I got serious about getting healthier. January was my first month with this challenge and it really helped me be accountable. We have some great group members!
    I lost a bit of motivation in February, but am here and not giving up.
  • ChiaGnome
    ChiaGnome Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Kwinnero wrote: »
    Hi I'm Krystal. Ive lost 40 lbs over the past 2.5 - 3 years and at 173lbs and 5'4" I still have some work to do. My preferred method of weight loss has been the ketogenic diet

We're in a similar boat! Close weight and height, and really, keto (or at least low carb) is the only thing that works for me. And I feel so much better when I follow it! Better, more stable mood - it definitely improves my mental state in addition to the weight loss. Any who, good luck! I'm happy to be on your team!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Feb 25
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    60 min yoga & meditation
    65 min HIIT & strength
    Steps: 11775
    Water:88 oz
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS does the mini challenge start on March 3rd also?
    Hi my name Is Jennifer, and I am from PA. I am making 2019 my last and final attempt at losing weight and getting healthy (no more starting over, I will be sticking with it). I am in a much better place today than all the other start overs for me).
    I am classified as obese, 52yo, 5'2". I have high blood pressure controlled with medication, I just went on high cholesterol medication last year, and my Vitamin D levels are extremely low (was on vitamin D pills for this and in march have to get more blood work). I personally lowered my sugar and sodium in the meal plan. I enjoy the challenges because it really makes me accountable for my own actions.
    I look forward to losing with everyone and learning new things (what works and what doesn't work).
    Good Luck team!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    So I kind of bailed mid-January...but I'd like to come back!

SORRY ABOUT THAT. I haven't given up, but the start of a new (very busy) semester and the dreaded plateau meant I hid from MFP. I have over 400 notifications :# Oops!

I've been hovering in the 164-166 range and it has been SO FRUSTRATING, but I'm really pushing to get through this wall.

So if it's cool to come back, I can list an official starting weight tomorrow! Hope you all have been doing well!

@HASWLRS (Am I supposed to tag you? I dunno :D )

Hi, @eatingfoodles. I am glad that you have resurfaced with a new determination! You will have to re-register for March by posting a starting weight in the March registration thread. If you tell Ashley that you were part of The Big Butt Theory team in January and are returning, and would like to be placed back onto TBBT, she will most likely oblige.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    jlbtnc wrote: »
    @HASWLRS does the mini challenge start on March 3rd also?
    Hi my name Is Jennifer, and I am from PA. I am making 2019 my last and final attempt at losing weight and getting healthy (no more starting over, I will be sticking with it). I am in a much better place today than all the other start overs for me).
    I am classified as obese, 52yo, 5'2". I have high blood pressure controlled with medication, I just went on high cholesterol medication last year, and my Vitamin D levels are extremely low (was on vitamin D pills for this and in march have to get more blood work). I personally lowered my sugar and sodium in the meal plan. I enjoy the challenges because it really makes me accountable for my own actions.
    I look forward to losing with everyone and learning new things (what works and what doesn't work).
    Good Luck team!

@jlbtnc, yes, the Mini Challenge starts on Sunday March 3rd!!
  • Bradleys8299
    Bradleys8299 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! My name is Stacey. February was my first month in this group. I've been consistently losing weight just by counting calories. I gave birth to my son 9/22/18. I've started this weight loss journey 12/01/2018 and have lost 16 lbs so far. I'm happy to be apart of this team!
  • Krysless2
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I also clicked done when I thought it meant "done" with my comment. lol Glad I wasn't alone In that one. ;)
    ChiaGnome wrote: »
    Kwinnero wrote: »
    Hi I'm Krystal. Ive lost 40 lbs over the past 2.5 - 3 years and at 173lbs and 5'4" I still have some work to do. My preferred method of weight loss has been the ketogenic diet

We're in a similar boat! Close weight and height, and really, keto (or at least low carb) is the only thing that works for me. And I feel so much better when I follow it! Better, more stable mood - it definitely improves my mental state in addition to the weight loss. Any who, good luck! I'm happy to be on your team!

• thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name's Destiny. I was in this group for a while last year but my husband got transferred and life got a little hectic in the process of relocating. I'm 31, a sahm to 4 kids age 8, 6, 3, and 1. Since the move I've gained weight, I have a problem with stress eating! I'm so excited to be back on the team, the support is amazing!!
    @HASWLRS Friday is my weigh in day, do I post it on the first or not til next week?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    thedestar wrote: »
    Hi everyone! My name's Destiny. I was in this group for a while last year but my husband got transferred and life got a little hectic in the process of relocating. I'm 31, a sahm to 4 kids age 8, 6, 3, and 1. Since the move I've gained weight, I have a problem with stress eating! I'm so excited to be back on the team, the support is amazing!!
    @HASWLRS Friday is my weigh in day, do I post it on the first or not til next week?

Hey, @thedestar, welcome back! No, the March Challenge doesn't officially start until Sunday, March 3rd, so you have over a week to work on that first loss!!
  • kidkees
    kidkees Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hey there from Oregon! I’ve been away a few months and let’s just say holidays and a Caribbean cruise were very not helpful to my goals. At 168 now and I’ve got to be a big loser again!!
  • Krysless2
    Options
    Since my weighin day is on Sundays, will my weight on March 3rd be my week 1 results? (Am i asking this question right? @HASWLRS ?)
This discussion has been closed.