Options

Replies

• CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    batgirl140 wrote: »
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Can I complain? Cause I need to vent. My body is betraying me! I haven’t eaten less than 300 calories under my total allowable calories all week. Not a single cheat. I haven’t properly gone to the bathroom in 2 weeks. I think I’m holding every ounce of water I drink. I’m bloated and uncomfortable. I haven’t actually felt hungry all week. I’m taking probiotics, stool softeners and trying to get more fiber. Drinking as much water as I’ve been all along, one thing I could increase.

Sorry guys, I’m not grasping for pity I’m just super frustrated. But if you have relatable stories and/or solutions I’d love to hear them!! Maybe I’ll go walk on the treadmill see if that helps. End rant.

@batgirl140 Maybe look at what you're eating, something might not be agreeing with you, or it may also be time to get a medical opinion on what is happening...
    Also, hubby had the bathroom issue once and the thing that helped him get going again was Miralax...he may have described that moment when it worked as "magical" and took a picture...so....that might be TMI lol.

@AB0215 Haha!! I don’t think I’ll go that far! 😆 My son took Miralax for years. It helped him. I do not want to become reliant on something to do what my body should do naturally but might be my only option. I am going to stop taking my multivitamin for a bit. It has a lot of iron, hadn’t noticed that, and that’s caused me issues before. As far as my diet maybe I need to reevaluate. When you only eat 1100 calories, I need to make sure they are the best calories i can get!

I had to start taking Miralax every other morning and it works great. I spoke to my doctor and she said that it is perfectly safe and your body won't get dependent on it. You just need to drink a lot of water with it. Have you thought about increasing your calorie intake? 1100 calories is awfully low for someone that exercises like you do. I think 1200 is the recommended minimum.

Good luck. We all have these times when our bodies just aren't cooperating.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Daily Post: Friday, March 8th
    Username: SLIMn2016

Track: Yes
    Calories: No
    Exercise: No, rest day
    Water: over 100oz (still going)
    Steps: Not worth posting :s

Comments: Woke up super sore--lots of rib pain and quads on fire from yesterday/this week....and ravenous all day :s:( I knew I'd need another rest day this week, so here I am. Way over calories, so going to have to go light tomorrow. Epsom salt soak and restart in the morning.

HAPPY FRIDAY ALL! :)
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I had to start taking Miralax every other morning and it works great. I spoke to my doctor and she said that it is perfectly safe and your body won't get dependent on it. You just need to drink a lot of water with it. Have you thought about increasing your calorie intake? 1100 calories is awfully low for someone that exercises like you do. I think 1200 is the recommended minimum.

Funny you'd say that, my cat has to take miralax every day, otherwise he has trouble in the litterbox and does what we refer to as the poop and run where he's trying to get it out by running around--funny in thought, not funny when you have to run around your house picking up cat poop, vet said the same thing, it's perfectly safe.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    edited March 2019
    Options

@SLIMn2016 I looked at Benefiber I just wasn’t sure. Maybe I’ll give that a shot. I forgot about berries! Seems I’m going to need to go to the store! And pay closer attention to what I’m eating and what it’s doing.

I use Benefiber daily and I am 100% "REGULAR" never any issues.... just make sure you drink tons of water with it--- I put it in my morning tea (a 16oz. cup) and drink about 24oz of water after--- and more throughout the day. Fiber is super important to health and weight loss--- I try to get 30-35g a day (except on my fasting days).
  • CindyJNC1963
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »

Funny you'd say that, my cat has to take miralax every day, otherwise he has trouble in the litterbox and does what we refer to as the poop and run where he's trying to get it out by running around--funny in thought, not funny when you have to run around your house picking up cat poop, vet said the same thing, it's perfectly safe.

I used to have a cat with the same problem ......I had to give him lactulose every day.

• Wildmage69
    Wildmage69 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Friday 3/8

Track: No, way too embarrassing
    Calories: Not even close
    Exercise: No
    Goals/Day/Comments: how do I celebrate a good week? A fish fry blowout. 😫 Ah well, back at it tomorrow. Tonight I go check out a local karate class. At 49 years old. If I don’t post tomorrow, you all know what happened to me. 😆
  • Wildmage69
    Options
    You guys are all awesome!! I was so frustrated this morning but I’ve calmed down and I know it’s going to be ok now. I’ve got some things to try, doctor being my last option. Need to work on my patience things don’t always happen over night. Now you all know way more about my guts than you ever wanted to! 😆 Thanks for the support!

Love how the group is so supportive and helpful! This is just a minor bump in the long road...you’ve been doing awesome!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Wildmage69 wrote: »

Goals/Day/Comments: how do I celebrate a good week? A fish fry blowout. 😫 Ah well, back at it tomorrow. Tonight I go check out a local karate class. At 49 years old. If I don’t post tomorrow, you all know what happened to me. 😆

I did the same thing today--- had a great week and then blew it today--- tomorrow a fresh reboot for us. Don't worry one day won't show and actually it may help your metabolism run a bit faster if you get back on it tomorrow 🤘🏻😄

Enjoy the karate class!🥋🙅🏼‍♂️----btw you are 49 years YOUNG!!! 🙌💫💪🏻😆
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    lf8nkq9uaou2.jpg

Shared breakfast with my hubby this morning; one egg, one piece of toast and 2 oz of smoked salmon with a Tbsp of whipped cream cheese ---it was sooo yummy:

275 calories, 21g carbs, 12g, fat, 24g protein, 1g fiber & 2g sugar

PS: Those are twins (both eggs!! :D )

Yummy!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Fri - March 8
    Track: Yes✔️
    Calories: Yes ✔️ I will be for the day. 👍
    Exercise: Barre 🏋️‍♀️ one hour and 3 mile hike with hubby! 👏🎉🙋‍♀️
    Comments: Making beef burgundy tonight. 😋
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

It’s 7pm on Friday - I’m exhausted and still have work to do. Back up at 9am. Most people are getting ready to go out... I’m just wanting to go to bed!

I ate a lot of salt today and bought a box of protein bars and a can of soup. I was eating on the run. Not my healthiest choice, I just didn’t feel like cooking.

Oh and I missed another spin class because my work meeting ran over by an hour. :( I even went to my meeting in half spin attire under my jacket! Lol oh well - first world problems right?

I’m preparing myself for a horrible weigh in tomorrow. Oy.

Tracked - yes
    Calories - under. Not my best choices for nutrition though.
    Exercise - no

• zaraizzy
    zaraizzy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Daily check in:

Friday March 8

Track--Yes
    Calories--Yes (way under)
    Exercise--Yes Walking 20 minutes, 15 wall push ups, 12 squats using grab bars in bathroom (for the disabled)
    Water-- 67 oz ( not good on water intake, when sick I really don't do to good)

Goal-- will try to do some more wall push ups, and squats before bed tonight. Not sure how many depends on what my body will allow me to do. Hopefully the same amount as earlier. Plan to continue improving on my exercise routine and water intake.
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track no
    Calories probably over
    Exercise no

Sorry I’m haven’t checked in the last couple of days been sick haven’t hardly gotten out of bed
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Daily check in March 8

Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes. 90 minutes of treadmill walking, 3.73 miles.
    Still drinking water.

Went out for dinner. Nice salad w grilled chicken. Still almost 700 calories. Pretty close to my calories today but good salad!

This weekend I need to watch what I eat drink my water and work on getting my body back in balance.
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes

45 minutes of weight training and sprints
  • BougeeBrat
    BougeeBrat Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday)
    Calories: Total 1763, Net 1900, Goal 2000. Under by 100 (calories adjust according to activity level)
    Exercise: No, Rest Day
    Steps: 8,248
    Water: 73.8 oz

Rough day food wise. I had no energy at all today.
  • CindyJNC1963
    Options
    Daily Post: March 8th

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: Friday is my rest day
  • Gadgetgirl259
    Gadgetgirl259 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Calories: Under
    Water: 141 oz
    Exercise: Treadmill and Bowflex Max Trainer
  • craigbennettis
    craigbennettis Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Craigbennettis
    PW 247.8
    CW 245.9
    Weigh in day is Wednesday

I thought I had already put my post in here. Oh well I'm new.
  • Wildmage69
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    Wildmage69 wrote: »

I did the same thing today--- had a great week and then blew it today--- tomorrow a fresh reboot for us. Don't worry one day won't show and actually it may help your metabolism run a bit faster if you get back on it tomorrow 🤘🏻😄

Enjoy the karate class!🥋🙅🏼‍♂️----btw you are 49 years YOUNG!!! 🙌💫💪🏻😆

I agree! I think there is definitely is something to be said for keeping your metabolism up. I lost the 100+ pounds doing just that...cheating Friday night, and even into Saturday some. My weight would go up 3-5 pounds, but then I’d lose 6 or 7 through the week. A lot of that being water weight of course. But it was a nice break from the hardcore diet and weight was coming off quick. The problem with that method that I found for me was that I was still used to eating like I did to gain all of that weight in the first place, so when I tried to go into a maintenance mode, I put a ton of weight back on very quickly. It’s so tough. I want to get fit, but yet if you sit me in front of a pizza, I’d destroy it. 😆. That’s why we’re all here supporting each other!

Karate class looked awesome! Those folks were gasping for air by the end of the hour...fun exercise! Gonna go for it!
This discussion has been closed.