Options

Replies

• Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    mg07030 wrote: »
    Hi All,

It’s a sunny day today here in NYC. Awesome dedication all around to the Slimsons!

Would you like to know how much water weight one can gain when incorporating carbs back into a diet after keto? 6 lbs.....

Yes---I gain 6lbs once I start eating anything off plan (like last week).... it will come off Mary--- you've been working crazy hours the last few weeks.... life gets crazy and we sometimes miss the gym, and can't plan as we hope. You are still doing so well!

YOU GOT THIS!!!👏🙌💪🏻😅💫

@SLIMn2016 🙏🙏🙏 thank you!! 🌷🌷💕
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    AB0215
    March Week 1
    Saturday
    PW: 150.2 lbs
    CW: 149.4lbs

Daily Post (Friday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes, OMAD
    Exercise:Yes, 30 mins elliptical, 30 mins walk, 15 mins treadmill and 75 mins weight training, heavy snatches and clean/jerks

Comments: It's Saturday and I'm playing a bit of catch up, had a late appt with my Coach/Trainer then I played some video games and did some cleaning ahead of my niece coming to spend the night tonight.
    Trying to catch up on the group and posts today, before she gets here. Got some walking to do in a bit, but I'm waiting for the storms to pass before I head out.
    Got my car back today, super happy about it. Yay.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Wildmage69 wrote: »
    Daily Post: Friday 3/8

Track: No, way too embarrassing
    Calories: Not even close
    Exercise: No
    Goals/Day/Comments: how do I celebrate a good week? A fish fry blowout. 😫 Ah well, back at it tomorrow. Tonight I go check out a local karate class. At 49 years old. If I don’t post tomorrow, you all know what happened to me. 😆

This is something I'm experimenting with as I've had a few days over the last few months where I've ate way over my calories and then dropped a lot of weight right after, the last more than 5 lbs right after, now those days were not on purpose, but this month I'm starting to incorporate 1 day in where I do it on purpose to see how I do with it. There's some body builders who swear by it and I'm training for competitive weightlifting so I'm going to try and see if it helps me the same way it helps them in competition prep. And it may help others too, there seems to be something behind the idea of a "re-feed" and it may help, who knows, but I'm going to try once a month for a bit to see if it helps.

I would love to try a karate class, that's awesome that you're giving it a shot, kudos to you, you are braver than me...
  • AB0215
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    And I’m officially on vacation. Time to clean up my routine, nutrition, house and redo my game plan to achieve my goals.

@gemwolf110 A vacation is a good time to rest and reset, kudos to you for using the time for yourself!
  • AB0215
    Options
    vicky2767 wrote: »
    Vicky2767
    Sat
    March Week 1
    PW 169.9
    CW 169.2

@vicky2767 Headed in the right direction!! Woot woot!
  • AB0215
    Options
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »
    Weight in: March Week 1
    Username: ssssanaaaa
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 179.2
    CW: 178.5

Feeling good lately. Been on track with healthy eating and exercise.

@ssssanaaaa Awesome job!!
  • zaraizzy
    zaraizzy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Daily check in:

Saturday 9th
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Yes (way under)
    Exercise: Yes ( walked 20 minutes, 30 wall push ups, 36 grab bar squats)
    Water: 114 oz ( work in progress)

Goal: 30 wall push ups, and 12 bar squats before bed. Tomorrow is my weigh in day. (Sunday)

• AB0215
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Would you like to know how much water weight one can gain when incorporating carbs back into a diet after keto? 6 lbs. I was 141.6 last Saturday. The last few days - even with staying at 1300 cals - I had salty carby food and the water piled back on. I guess one could say it’s my “true weight” since keto takes out the excess water.

I’m not as freaked out as I thought I would be. My goal is still 130 ish lbs. I guess that 125 while in keto. 😉

I’m about 5”8-5”9 - but I’m small boned- when I was in my early 20s, I naturally was a willowy 117. I figure with more lean muscle - 130ish is the sweet spot. I was 145 when I was fitted for my wedding dress .:) looked good - but I can be more svelte.

Username: mg07030
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    March week 1
    PW: 141.6
    CW: 147.8 🥺
    +6.2 lbs of 🏴‍☠️

Goal- going to have to jump back in to super keto and exercise this week. I’ve been tired -so getting easy food - I’m just going to have to figure out more time to meal prep. I was doing so good. I’ve been lazy. I’m all over it this week to see some great loss next Saturday.

@mg07030 I honestly don't think I'll ever go back to eating carbs, even when I reach my goal weight, although I'm still not sure what that looks like. I do think I'll loosen the reigns a bit and not do super strict keto like I do now. I just feel better overall getting rid of the carbs. I used to have crazy dips and then subsequent blood sugar spikes and it's solved alllll of that and I just don't ever want to go back to that, so I will likely cheat a bit more on keto and now that I've been keto so long a cheat meal (and even one whole day) doesn't cause me to jump up 6 lbs overnight, if I limit it to one meal or one day. So that's probably what I'll do when I get where I want to be but for now, I'm not where I want to be and have no idea what that looks like either. I am guessing 120ish since I'm 4'10" and the "ideal" weight is 95-110 for someone of my height and I'm definitely more muscular than the average woman of my height.

I made an instant pot taco soup which was keto and I have food for days with that and I just made a keto lasagna (no zucchini, instead it uses deli meat as the "noodles" and OMG I might be in keto heaven) which will last me for days too, so that's how I reduce my cooking time and make it easier to grab and go.

• SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Sat - March 9
    Track: Yes✔️
    Calories: Yes ✔️ I will be for the day. 👍
    Exercise: 18 holes of golf 🏌️‍♀️ ⛳️❤️💃
    Comments: Huge win, down 10 pounds. Going out to a nice dinner with friends. Already know what I will order and love, grilled salmon 🐠!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    AB0215
    March Week 1
    Saturday

WHOOOOO 140's!!!! GO ASH!!!🎊🤘🏻😆🎊
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Today was a big day and really excited to share! I have now lost ten pounds since the beginning of Jan. I have had some really frustrating weeks when I had been making the right choices, working out etc and felt like I wasn’t getting there. I went back to a picture in Dec of 2018 and compared it to a picture today. The work is paying off! Best to all!

You have worked so hard and boy does it show!! FANTASTIC RESULTS--- congrats🎊💫👏😁
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Daily Post: Saturday, March 9th
    Username: SLIMn2016

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, Body Combat, Arc Training & Treadmill Incline walk (with my son❤️☺️) & a family walk with Goldie in the afternoon too🐾🐩🐾🐾🐾
    Water: 197.8
    Steps: 24,329 / 12.68 miles

Comments: Everyone's recovery needs are different---I have noted that mine require cardio daily---yesterday I took a total rest day, no walking or anything--that was a big mistake. My muscles locked up and I was hurting worse as the day progressed. Today I dragged my butt to Combat Class and I stood in the front row---DONE✅ and lesson learned👌🏻😅

I did eat a bit over my calories--but when I am that hungry I know my body needs it, so I go with it. 4/3 IF starting back up on Monday✔️

HAPPY SATURDAY ALL--- keep up the inspiring work!💪🏻❤️
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options

This is something I'm experimenting with as I've had a few days over the last few months where I've ate way over my calories and then dropped a lot of weight right after, the last more than 5 lbs right after...

@Wildmage69 & @AB0215 One of the trainers at my gym was telling a group of us who are doing IF that a re-feed day boosts metabolism and will actually help you lose more fat. Since then (last December) I have eating higher calories (he said to go 300-500 calories above maintenance) on Fridays (and sometimes Saturdays too if I workout hard and lift heavy)--- and that's when I really saw some progress. Works!
  • AB0215
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @Wildmage69 & @AB0215 One of the trainers at my gym was telling a group of us who are doing IF that a re-feed day boosts metabolism and will actually help you lose more fat. Since then (last December) I have eating higher calories (he said to go 300-500 calories above maintenance) on Fridays (and sometimes Saturdays too if I workout hard and lift heavy)--- and that's when I really saw some progress. Works!

@SLIMn2016 That's sort of what my trainer said too, on my re-feed day to eat about 500 or so calories above maintenance and he wants to see how it works for me because he doesn't really have anyone else to experiment on lol...so...I'm the guinea pig....which in reality, I'm ok with, I was thinking of trying it anyway. He also knows that I'm really into nutrition and intermittent fasting, and so is he, so he's interested in seeing the results in person, not in theory, and so am I. I see a lot of body builders do it in competition prep.

I've in inadvertently done it twice before and have seen a big drop after, so I'm hoping that continues, my re-feed will be next Saturday.

Comments: Everyone's recovery needs are different---I have noted that mine require cardio daily---yesterday I took a total rest day, no walking or anything--that was a big mistake. My muscles locked up and I was hurting worse as the day progressed. Today I dragged my butt to Combat Class and I stood in the front row---DONE✅ and lesson learned👌🏻😅

This is me too, if I take complete rest, even when I'm sore, I end up more sore than if I had just done cardio or walking or something to keep me in motion.
  • AB0215
    edited March 2019
    Options

WHOOOOO 140's!!!! GO ASH!!!🎊🤘🏻😆🎊

yes--the ellusive 140s at last! I have been sitting at 150.2 (literally the same....which has never happened to me before) since 2/23
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    AB0215
    March Week 1
    Saturday

Daily Post (Friday)

Calories: Yes, OMAD
    Exercise:Yes, 30 mins elliptical, 30 mins walk, 15 mins treadmill and 75 mins weight training, heavy snatches and clean/jerks

Comments: It's Saturday and I'm playing a bit of catch up, had a late appt with my Coach/Trainer then I played some video games and did some cleaning ahead of my niece coming to spend the night tonight.
    Trying to catch up on the group and posts today, before she gets here. Got some walking to do in a bit, but I'm waiting for the storms to pass before I head out.
    Got my car back today, super happy about it. Yay.

Wow! Congrats on the 140s! You're so inspirational!
  • Beckymomof3girls
    Beckymomof3girls Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Friday
    Track no
    Calories over
    Exercise no

Burger and grown up beverages happened at dinner

Daily Post - Saturday
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise yes jogged 4 miles
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Daily check in : March 9

Calories: Under (way under I just can’t eat anything else)
    Exercise: No

I’ll have to go to the doctor this week. I’m starting to be miserable and nothing is helping my issue. Still other things to try.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Bm00re2u wrote: »
    Username: Bm00re2u
    Week: March Week 1
    PW =135 lbs.
    CW=133.4 lbs.

My goal weight for March is 130 lbs. so gotta keep pushing. I'm still in the overweight range for my height (127.4 lbs gets me to normal range) so I'm optimistic I will get there! My overall weight goal is 115 lbs.
    Hi All,

It’s a sunny day today here in NYC. Awesome dedication all around to the Slimsons!

Would you like to know how much water weight one can gain when incorporating carbs back into a diet after keto? 6 lbs. I was 141.6 last Saturday. The last few days - even with staying at 1300 cals - I had salty carby food and the water piled back on. I guess one could say it’s my “true weight” since keto takes out the excess water.

I’m not as freaked out as I thought I would be. My goal is still 130 ish lbs. I guess that 125 while in keto. 😉

I’m about 5”8-5”9 - but I’m small boned- when I was in my early 20s, I naturally was a willowy 117. I figure with more lean muscle - 130ish is the sweet spot. I was 145 when I was fitted for my wedding dress .:) looked good - but I can be more svelte.

Back to the grind. I need to say adios to these protein bars and packaged foods 🧘‍♂️

Username: mg07030
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    March week 1
    PW: 141.6
    CW: 147.8 🥺
    +6.2 lbs of 🏴‍☠️

Goal- going to have to jump back in to super keto and exercise this week. I’ve been tired -so getting easy food - I’m just going to have to figure out more time to meal prep. I was doing so good. I’ve been lazy. I’m all over it this week to see some great loss next Saturday.

Have an awesome day! 🌻

You can do this!!
This discussion has been closed.