Introductions!

Options

Replies

• aliceocean2
    aliceocean2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    WOOT WOOT MY PEOPLE!

I'm Alice. 26 years old and maniac bookworm. I am a HUGE horror fan, devour anything I can put my hands on.
    I've started quite the collection couple of years ago, I hunt down the most disturbing, gore and terrifying books ever written. So my libraries are getting quite interesting.... and I usually get a lot of questionning looks from people who walk into my house for the first time and see my book collection :blush:
  • lunabellz
    lunabellz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Looks like it's been almost a year since new person, joined but here I am. I love to read and I'm a book buying addict, Amazon loves me :smile: I'm on the Goodreads web site and I'm in 5 different groups and love it. Just love to read my favorite genre is paranormal romance and romances with HEA
  • pattybottorff
    pattybottorff Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new to this group. I am currently reading The Book That Matters Most by Ann Hood.
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Sarah and I love speculative fiction, particularly from the 70's. I also love the funny books with all the kooky draw-rings!
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Realizing that I forgot to post an intro. I'm Clare and I read a ton. I read newspapers, articles, trashy books, science books, novels...everything. I need there to be a booky thread on here that's active so I'm hitting up anyone who's been on here recently to get it started. Please forgive all my thread posting. I'm just trying to chum the waters. I'll calm down soon :smile:
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hi I'm Jess and I have always loved to read. I like all sorts of genres but mostly fiction or history. My favourite genres are historical fiction, fantasy and thriller. I am currently re-reading the Harry Potter series for the 20th anniversary and also reading King' s Cafe by Victoria Aveyard which I'm really enjoying.
  • JazzyLady77
    JazzyLady77 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here, and I love to read. I'm a romance (all romances such as: modern, historical, sci-if, fantasy, and paranormal) junky. lol I'm currently reading the 4th (last book) in the Bourbon Street Boys series called Wrong Direction, Right Turn. Very good, but now I'm craving a good historical romance...
  • hendrafellany
    hendrafellany Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yo! Hendra here! Some of my fav writers are Murakami and Bukowski. Stuff by Tim Ferris and Robert Greene sit proudly on my bookshelf. I remember how i got completely absorbed by the Stieg Larsson trilogy. Always love recommendations from other book lovers out there. Hit me up!
  • indefinite_studies
    Options
    Hi! I’m Jessi, or Jess. I work with teens and tweens at a medium-sized library, and I’m trying to lose weight and get more fit. I read alllll the time. I also like to write, draw, paint, and hang around with my dogs and husband. Open to mfp friends, if anyone wants buddies on here.
    —Jess
  • Patches629
    Patches629 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all. I'm Karen. I love to read and am currently reading The Murderer's Daughter by Jonathan Kellerman.
  • mebelfanti
    mebelfanti Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, just found and joined this group. I'm currently reading Harry Potter again for the millionth time but for the first time in years and absolutely loving it. I love reading mysteries, true crime, memoirs, and pretty much anything really. Favorite authors are Agatha Christie, Jane Austen, David Sedaris, and Ann Rule. I'm always open to MFP friends if anyone wants to add me!
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I'm Wes. I haven't been reading like I used to mainly because all the local used book stores are gone so cheap used books are drying up. I read trade paperback reissues of comics from the 70s and 80s, cold war post apocalyptic books, pre-1990s scifi when it was at its best, and generally anything that gets my eye. Right now I'm reading Failsafe from 1962 which got turned into a movie not long after being printed but after it was filmed due to a lawsuit from the makers of Dr Strangelove.
  • FatCrankyGoat
    FatCrankyGoat Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    51 y/o mountain hiker and outdoor adventurer; gained weight over past ten years and now my knees are feeling it - time to lose the weight and focus on fitness. Feel free to add me, looking for serious motivation... into intermittent fasting; Sworkit; long walks and ConceptII rowing; Starting a whole foods focused diet.

I’m an avid reader of fiction; sci-fi; fantasy; and crime/mystery books. Currently enjoying the Inspector Gamache series by Louise Penny
  • sundaylouwho
    sundaylouwho Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm in my late 20s, office worker, married, childfree with one floofy cat! I fell back into love with reading last summer and I've been a crazy reading machine ever since. My current book is "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F**k" by Mark Manson. Typically, I read crime/mystery, fantasy, thriller etc.

As for MFP... My first goal is to eat healthier and expand my diet. I'm hoping that combined with making efforts to get up and move more often will result in losing 15-20 lbs.
  • angeloup50
    angeloup50 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Brand new MFP member here. Anyone still active in this group?
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am finishing up the very last book (book 14!) of the Wheel of Time series. So sad to be done!
  • LadyCalico2
    LadyCalico2 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Greetings, gentle readers. I'm known as LadyCalico on Sparkpeople book groups and Goodreads, but MFP said that screenname was already used, so I had to change it a bit. With Sparkpeople closing there may be people from my old groups moving over here. I will be posting regularly and hope others join me. My mission is to seek out and recommend the best books out there.
  • Catfish_Fan
    Catfish_Fan Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Doug, also a refugee from Sparkpeople. But as the late, great Tom Petty said in his song, "You don't have to live like a refugee." As I learn the ropes here, I hope to see more users join this group from Spark and maybe not from Spark, seems like the forum is kind of slow, but also the largest group here dedicated to readers. There were several book-related groups on Spark, one with 167,000 members. Let's get this group going again!

Today I was not on MFP or reading, I was gardening among other things in my spare time and did not bring an audiobook for most of that. I try to keep much of my reading as "immersion reading" with an audio companion to a print or e-book, it helps my concentration and memory.

I'm aiming to finish book #69 of the year for me. I know this is not a race, I am certainly not going to win a reading contest listening to audiobooks at normal speed, but I was curious as to how many books others read in a year? I know the national average here in the US is 12, being an inflated number by folks like me, and the most common answer is a pitiful 4. How do you "stack up"?
  • Btrflydog
    Btrflydog Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Hi - I am Noreen also a Sparkpeople refugee. Currently Reading Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno Garcia. Glad to see some SparkFriends here. :)
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Hi also from SP but used to post here also awhile back. Love to read and belong to local bookclub. Currently reading The Dutch House. Marla