TEAM: The Slimsons (April)

Options

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    hippienana wrote: »
    Hi Slimsons.
    My name is Marsha and I am a 65 year young Nana who wants to lose the weight gained from quitting smoking and menopause. I started Keto 2 months ago and then fell off the wagon for a couple of weeks and gained what I lost. I am back up and restarted Keto and plan on losing the weight for good this time.

My goals for April are:
    lose 8-10 Lbs.
    Do not stray from Keto eating
    Exercise 3-4 times a week or more
    Stay positive with a "CAN DO" attitude
    I know I can do this and I will this time.

@hippienana Welcome! Great goals for April, you got this!
  • AB0215
    Options
    DeshotelK wrote: »
    Good Morning Slimsons!

I was off the grid, so to speak, all weekend. We went on our annual camping trip that we've named "Tent-A-Palooza: Making Memories". Ate too much, had too many alcoholic beverages, laughed a lot, loved every minute. 14 adults, 19 kids, and 3 dogs. Fun times.

I'm back on it today and absolutely love the support I'm seeing in this group. I'm still nervous about having actually joined. My weakness is that I always start out strong and then let life get in the way. I don't want to let anyone down and feel I definitely need the support and accountability that's offered here. Hoping for a great April!

Weigh day is Friday. Time to get tracking.
    @DeshotelK It's all about creating habits that set yourself up for success, like the Daily Posts for example, you may not always have a perfect day, but it's more about thinking about what you're doing and realizing that you also have tomorrow to get back to it. So posting at the end of the day gives you an opportunity every day to think about what worked, what didn't work and how you can move forward, and that's really what's most important, moving forward, you have to be able to keep going, even when things didn't work out. The bottom line is if you're successful most of the time, you will be successful, it's hard for one day or meal or thing to completely kill your entire progress....so creating the habits is really what's most important!
    You got this!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Weights Missing From Sunday:
    @Lateseg
    @papenny1
    @Paradisebay91
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    So glad my weigh in day is not today cuz I am up 4 lbs from Thursday! :#:#
    I know it's mostly water retention from sore muscles ALL OVER ME.... plus some extra calories..... But still. lol I have a few days to flush it all out..... haha
  • nbatch456
    nbatch456 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Newbie here, if I want to reply specificly to someone’s post, how do I do that? I don’t see the reply button in their post, only the insightful, inspiring, like, etc... All I see is the post reply at the bottom of the thread. Tks!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    nbatch456 wrote: »
    Newbie here, if I want to reply specificly to someone’s post, how do I do that? I don’t see the reply button in their post, only the insightful, inspiring, like, etc... All I see is the post reply at the bottom of the thread. Tks!

Just hit the "quote" button. :)
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options

Hi

At the bottom of the persons comment you’ll see it says “ Quote”. Click that then scroll down to where you would type a comment and you’ll see the comment you are replying to 😊

• digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: 3/31 Sunday
    Track: no
    Calories: Under
    Steps: 2586
    Exercise:no sick but feeling better today
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    @AB0215

My weigh in for Monday, 4/1 is 218.4, which is +0.2 from my initial weigh in. Bummed, I had really hoped part of that weight was from my period.

Didn't track yesterday.

Did a bit of core strengthening yoga this morning and whoa was that hard. I'm doing a Darebee month long challenge with friends that also started today, so I'll be doing that tonight (30 mins cardio, leg exercises) and will continue doing that. I have my meals planned out for today, so the biggest challenge for me will be sticking to it and not just noshing randomly.
  • dtp17
    dtp17 Posts: 27 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Hi all.

Right 1st April.

Got Spin class tonight. First one in years. Gonna hurt but I need it. Will weigh myself before I do it and post tonight. I’ve had a stumble and eaten some chocolate today so I must do better tomorrow.

Need to drastically increase my water consumption too. I’m dreadful at drinking it.

Good luck all 🙂
  • NuggetBrain
    NuggetBrain Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    User ID: NuggetBrain
    Week Number: Week 1 (Monday)
    Previous weight: 252.6
    Current weight: 253.6
  • DeshotelK
    DeshotelK Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    dtp17 wrote: »
    Hi all.

Right 1st April.

Got Spin class tonight. First one in years. Gonna hurt but I need it. Will weigh myself before I do it and post tonight. I’ve had a stumble and eaten some chocolate today so I must do better tomorrow.

Need to drastically increase my water consumption too. I’m dreadful at drinking it.

Good luck all 🙂

I have issues with drinking enough water too. A couple of weeks ago, I started drinking a bottle on my way to work in the morning. I've noticed since doing this I am drinking more throughout the day as well. When I skip that bottle in the morning, I hardly drink any at all throughout the day.
  • nbatch456
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »

Hi

At the bottom of the persons comment you’ll see it says “ Quote”. Click that then scroll down to where you would type a comment and you’ll see the comment you are replying to 😊

Hi

Hi

Thanks!
  • nbatch456
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »

Just hit the "quote" button. :)

Thanks! Ok now I understand.

• dtp17
    Options
    DeshotelK wrote: »

I have issues with drinking enough water too. A couple of weeks ago, I started drinking a bottle on my way to work in the morning. I've noticed since doing this I am drinking more throughout the day as well. When I skip that bottle in the morning, I hardly drink any at all throughout the day.

I’ll give that a go thank you. 🙂

Ok. I’ve weighed in -
    79.6kgs. Not good at all. But the only way is down. Thoroughly loved the spin class so will be going back for that.
  • dtp17
    Options
    Username: dtp17
    Week: February Week 1
    PW =77kg
    CW=79.6kg 🙁

Need to improve
  • thelandkraken
    thelandkraken Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Daily log - April 1st
    Track: Yes
    Under calories: Sort of. I ate back exercise calories and I’m technically still under, but I don’t usually do that.
    Exercise: Loads, for once, I went a bit mad today. I swam, played badminton, and walked a couple of miles!
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

Right 1st April.

Good luck all 🙂
    Hi all.

Right 1st April.

Good luck all 🙂

@dtp17 I’ve always been horrible getting enough water! I bought myself a 40 oz insulated bottle. I’ll drink at least 2 of those and I’m done. It helps for me because it’s constantly on hand AND cold. 😁
  • Gadgetgirl259
    Gadgetgirl259 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Username: Gadgetgirl259
    Week: April Week 1 (Monday)
    PW: 194
    CW: 191.4
This discussion has been closed.