Under yes
    Exercise yes Jenny Ford on YouTube
    Steps 17,786
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    4/8/19 Mini Challenge
    Logged: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: 50 minutes elliptical and lots of walking at work.

Enjoyed some wine and take out wrap tonight. Still have plenty of calories left for the day! Vacation started as soon as I walked out of work, and I had a huge sigh of relief as I walked out! Some small errands planned for the morning, and a small walk or workout at the gym, before I head to the airport in the afternoon! Hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow morning!
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Kwinnero wrote: »
    Round Table Weekly
    Topic: What was your moment??

What was the pivotal moment that forced you to look at your life differently or helped you realize you needed to get healthier? Was it a series of events that beat you into submission? Was it someone else's actions or words that moved you to get in gear? Or could it have just been a book or a short article you read that made you turn your life around?
    Share with us!

I started changing things 7/25/18. Earlier in July I was mowing my lawn when I was suddenly swarmed by yellow jackets. I jumped off my mower, landing on 1 leg, and POP! I tore one of my hamstrings off and shredded my knee.

After a few weeks of not moving it occurred to me I can’t exercise my way out of being over weight anymore. Always in the back of my mind, I thought I could just start working out more and the weight would come off. Since I couldn’t even walk, let alone exercise hard, I started focusing on food first, exercise second. And it’s worked really well :)

• mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Monday, April 8, 2019
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes -
    / 30 minute walk
    Steps as of posting: 9,836

So unbelievably sore today from chopping wood for so long yesterday. It hit last night. I got up after dinner and shuffled around like a 90 year old with back, leg, neck and hip problems. This morning was better, I shuffled like a mere 80 year old with arthritis :lol:
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Where are all my Monday weigh-in peeps?

@crab5005, @drea2011, @heaz10, @lozenger1984
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Week 2 weigh in:
    PW: 224.2
    CW: 223.6

Slowly but surely I suppose.
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    4/8:
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes 25 minute walk
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    heaz10 wrote: »
    Week 2 weigh in:
    PW: 224.2
    CW: 223.6

Slowly but surely I suppose.

Slow and steady wins the race 😊 you've got this! Great job on losing this week!
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Round Table Weekly

What was the pivotal moment that forced you to look at your life differently or helped you realize you needed to get healthier? Was it a series of events that beat you into submission? Was it someone else's actions or words that moved you to get in gear? Or could it have just been a book or a short article you read that made you turn your life around?
    Share with us!

I gained a lot of weight in my early 20’s and lost all that weight by my wedding at 25.
    Gradually over the next 12 years I kept putting it all back on. December of 2017 my clothes were barely fitting and only one pair of pants fit me - the ones I called my “fat guy pants”. I weighed myself and I was back at the heaviest weight, the same weight I had been in my early 20s. That was it.
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    @HASWLRS, I’m just dropping in to say THANKS for ALL you do for US!

I second that! It must be like herding cats trying to get everyone’s weights on time and figuring out the mini-challenge results.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,801 Member
    edited April 2019
    :) MINI CHALLENGE :)

Monday April 8
    Tracking: ✅
    Calories: ✅
    Exercise: ✅ (Treadmill/Walk/Strength/Yoga)
    Steps: 22,367
    Water: 84oz
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,801 Member
    edited April 2019
    Round Table Weekly

Share with us!

I started changing things 8/28/2011. My husband and I went to see our grandson right after he was born so of course we took pictures. I came home and cried when it hit me I If I kept gaining weight I would be around to see him grow up.

It’s funny I showed my grandson, him as a baby and the first thing he said, (remember he’s 8, lol) “Grandma wow you were fat. You’ve lost a lot of weight” He’s definitely right BUT I NEVER thought I was fat and that’s 😞.
    4jbf45ehkojp.jpeg
    xljy2w0m648t.jpeg

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    erikNJ wrote: »

I second that! It must be like herding cats trying to get everyone’s weights on time and figuring out the mini-challenge results.

You guys made me smile!! Thank you so much!!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,907 Member
    Mini Challenge: Yes x 3
    Date: Mon, 8th:
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes, as follows:
    Daily Goal: 1200
    Food Eaten: -1101
    Exercise Cals: + 292
    Cals Remaining: + 391
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • lozenger1984
    lozenger1984 Posts: 166 Member
    weigh in day.

I’ve maintained sorry. 169.9
    Totally predictable. Stress getting to me at the moment and not doing my best. April’s really busy so need to find ways to work with it. I’ll do a proper meal prep at the weekend and damage limitation until then.
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Apr Wk 2

Friday 5th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes, gym 50 mins

Sat 6th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes, of sorts, 2 hours shopping

Sun 7th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes, lovely walk in the sunshine for 3 hours

Mon 8th
    Meal logging - yes
    under calories - yes
    exercise - yes, 1hr yoga class
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    prehistoricmoongoddess Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited April 2019
    Round Table Weekly

Share with us!

For me it was a photo that someone took of me on holiday and posted on facebook. I did not realise how big I looked until then. For a while I just decided not to wear the same clothes, then realised that something had to be done.

I decided I wanted to lose enough weight so that it would be noticable when I go back on holiday, to the same place, which I will be doing later this month. Not sure if I am ready to take the same top with me again, but one day I will take a photo with it on, to show how far I have come.
This discussion has been closed.